Jorge Taufua charged with spitting at a cop.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Garts said:
I refuse to believe the being booked for doing 61km in a 60km zone. If you show me the ticket I will happily eat my words. I don't doubt the break in storey though.

I was done doing 125km in a 100km zone on a long weekend (double demerits) and the cop was nice enough to only get me for 15km or under. Not all are arseholes, actually the majority are fine. I know quite a large number of them.

I got done on the old rd few yrs ago (2009 i think)105 in a 60 zone.

0 fine

0 denerit points taken

Nsw Police were taking industrial action. Winner winner chicken dinner.

And yeah, i doubt anyone has been booked 1km over the limit. There is a 10% buffer for speeding infringements i think, 5% for your speedo and 5% for their speed recording instrument, Radar, Camera, Their speedo.

So I went to Southport Courthouse on the 10th of Jan and I spoke with the judge of court 9 who told me that the Taufua case was adjurned but I/we have not been informed by the club as to what is happenining with this matter. Does anyone know whats happening? This was reported as a serious matter at the time by the media and the charges could carry jail time IMO(although unlikeley). @[Larissa] or @[vidmar]
sorry to un-hijack this thread.

As far as we are aware the last court appearance was an arainment(spelling?) that set a formal court date. That's as far as the club knows.

Larissa said:
As far as we are aware the last court appearance was an arainment(spelling?) that set a formal court date. That's as far as the club knows.

FYI, the appropriate terminology here in Oz is "date for mention".

It is purely to assess the case including paperwork & establish if there any difficulties, and then set the hearing date.

The parties directly involved are not always required to attend.

Not exactly sure of the Qld procedures but if it was simply to be a guilty plea that could have been entered on the first date? Sounds to me like there are some issues in dispute...

No problem manlyfan76. Un-un-hijacking the thread is simple enough.

Ralphie, you've asked me to explain where you aren't taking personal responsibility:

S= Suffering

I= How things should be (Imaginary world)

R = How things are (Real world)

S = I - R

When the world is not how you want it to be, taking personal responsibility involves changing the real world or changing your imaginary world to eliminate the suffering gap. There are no other options.

If you want to end your upset/suffering, one strategy is always available, the other is sometimes available.

Taking a jaundiced view, being a victim, doesn't eliminate the gap and therefore is not taking personal responsibility. QED.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7