Jorge Taufua May Not Be An Eagle In 2017

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Defensively he does - this is Tom's weakness and the area requiring the most improvement.

Exactly. When we were throwing the ball around hail mary style late in the game and TT was in the attacking line Parker moved himself in to fullback just in case. Then when the ball started to shift towards his wing he sprinted back into position getting there in time as he could read the play.

A few other times he was cleaning up in the in goal as he read the kick, has taken some good bombs as well getting up rather high.

Sure its only 3 games but he has let no one down so far.

Whilst not as gifted as TT he has a good head for footy and I wont be surprised to see him as one of our starting wingers next year.

A factor worth noting in the discussion of wingers is the importance of winning the first tackle in a defensive set. As baz pointed out in the training video on a different thread, lose that first tackle and the set can get away from you. In this area Jorge is very good.

Tupou > Taufua > Wiliame > Uate IMO

And there are plenty of wingers in the comp who are better than all 4.

Yeah but how many are off contract next year?

I'd be happy enough with Tupou for now. For the right salary. We've lacked an attacking presence under the high ball for far too long.

Jorge Taufua has played 101 games for Manly & scored 62 tries. He's only 24 yrs old...so I don't think he'll be going anywhere.
But… but you've just given plenty of reasons to get rid of him. It's a performance-based business, remember? The twist in the Penns oh-so-cunning plan is this: perform and you're out.:)

With rumours that Tupou could going to Manly and Taufua leaving,how does this make sense?Tupou's contract would have to be subsidised by Roosters to make it partially worthwhile but that would be negated by Manly funding anywhere Taufua goes.Also,not sure Tupou is the difference to making the 8 and would most likely be more expensive than Taufua as he is a rep player

With rumours that Tupou could going to Manly and Taufua leaving,how does this make sense?Tupou's contract would have to be subsidised by Roosters to make it partially worthwhile but that would be negated by Manly funding anywhere Taufua goes.Also,not sure Tupou is the difference to making the 8 and would most likely be more expensive than Taufua as he is a rep player

Not a 100% certain but I think Jorge's contract expired at the end of this season, so technically the club would own him nothing.

Can we have Taufua and Tupou next year and forget about Uate please?!

Taufua played on with a busted collar bone because he wanted to (a) help us make the finals and (b) wanted to play with Killer because he knew he was retiring...that's the kind of player I want at the club. He makes great yards out of dummy half and I don't remember him dropping more than 1 or 2 bombs last year which is par for the course for most wingers so let's keep him!

Can we have Taufua and Tupou next year and forget about Uate please?!

Taufua played on with a busted collar bone because he wanted to (a) help us make the finals and (b) wanted to play with Killer because he knew he was retiring...that's the kind of player I want at the club. He makes great yards out of dummy half and I don't remember him dropping more than 1 or 2 bombs last year which is par for the course for most wingers so let's keep him!
If we swapped Taufua and Buhrer for Tupou and Bird I would be devastated

Jorge can't stay on the wing. You have be able to catch, and at 24, when is he going to learn?

Hurrell has his weaknesses in defence but is an attacking weapon in the centres. Jorge is a similar type of player.

And we could sure as **** use a Konrad Hurrell type who doesn't catch bombs in the centres.

There seems to be conflicting reports with Taufua's situation.There are a few articles stating he has another year and a few saying his contract is up now.Some of the ones saying now are also saying Buhrer's contract is up as well.If they are off contract and not wanted,I wonder why they weren't on the list of players not at the club next yr that was released a few days after the last game?The club haven't really been forthcoming to fans

Yes, and Arko always published details of player contracts so the fans knew what was happening.

And he certainly never cut loyal juniors to accommodate imports.

Or... on the other hand.. maybe what has really changed is fans' expectations?

Now we want to know not only who and when, we want to know why!

The answer is simple: we're fans! We watch and see what happens, that's what fans do!

If you want to make the decisions, become an owner. If you aren't of sufficient substance to make that a reality, then curb your sense of entitlement.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2