Josh Aloiai, and membership discussions.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
And I clicked on this thread to read comments about Josh Aloiai???
Gotta feel for Josh for what he is going through at the moment no matter which side of the fence you sit after rainbowgate.
No one should have to deal with what he is here and people can be cruel.
Shout out to Josh,mate,thinking of you and it will pass as it always does, as they move to another thread.

What now unicorns
National Unicorn Day GIF by Storyful

Is anyone here a member of one of the big AFL clubs ( yeah probably not ) , ok then one of the big EPL clubs ( Liverpool , Man U etc ) or failing that one of the US based American Football clubs ( Dallas Cowboys etc ).

If you are , what do they do that’s more engaging than what we do???

Serious question just for comparison.

I don't understand the argument about not needing fan engagement. It's almost arguing for the sake of arguing, and I don't see wanting engagement as a "me too" decision. I'm on Silvertails because there a good people and like minded fans and we share the passion for our team and dare I say maybe glean a little extra information along the way.
Surely, extra fan engagement only enhances that experience. What am I not seeing?

Well said mate, I really don't get the "who are the fans, they don't deserve it" crew. I also find it interesting those people are here on a forum, you know, looking for, and wanting information....

These type of deals do exist at other clubs. A couple of years back my daughter (Panthers supporter :confused:) got a 5 home game pass, a jersey of choice, cap, scarf and lanyard for $190.
How about if the club gave a jersey with membership deals just like the ones they now sell online with all the sponsors splashed over them... And then, they could also offer jerseys for sale online with NO SPONSORSHIP on them. These could even be priced a bit higher as a premium product. I know others, and myself, have bemoaned having to have sponsorship logos all over the jerseys. This is a way that we could make everybody happy, including the sponsors, and make the membership far more attractive?

The membership package aside, we still would all love much much better fan engagement... greater communication and far more informative content.

Is anyone here a member of one of the big AFL clubs ( yeah probably not ) , ok then one of the big EPL clubs ( Liverpool , Man U etc ) or failing that one of the US based American Football clubs ( Dallas Cowboys etc ).

If you are , what do they do that’s more engaging than what we do???

Serious question just for comparison.
Yes

West Ham (via an overseas membership)

The content is way better. I get in-depth information on their version of lower grades / women football.

Also a heap of info on team selections, injuries, rehab, signing news...It is a struggle to keep up

People love a good deal. Membership need to be at a better price point and include quality merchandise. For instance I’d pay $160 per year for my 3 game membership if it came with a jersey. Our merchandising is pretty ordinary.
Forgive my ignorance but isn't a jersey $150 give or take these days?

Up in Qld we have **** options to choose from, but even then we can't use a membership ticket to go to our "home" game at Suncorp. And they call us Qlders backwards! 🤦‍♂️

Forgive my ignorance but isn't a jersey $150 give or take these days?

Cost to make... $4 (probably). If the knock offs are anything to go off.

It's a ridiculous price for two thin bits of printed material. I mean on my rock hard, muscled, fully jacked body, it looks good, but it's a steep price. (part of this sentence isn't true).

I don't know who sets the price (prob the nrl) but no wonder there's a market for knock offs.

At least throw in some options and quality.

Sorry, got a text and lost my point... lol

Yes you are probably right there , even so I still reckon they could do a $190 supporters membership , including a jersey.
Yes , I reckon around that figure might do it,if the club was to absorbe the bulk of the mark up, however logistically it might be difficult , due to the wide range of sizes the club would have to have on hand, and also whether it's a male or female jersey, probably this suggestion might go into the too hard basket

Yes , I reckon around that figure might do it,if the club was to absorbe the bulk of the mark up, however logistically it might be difficult , due to the wide range of sizes the club would have to have on hand, and also whether it's a male or female jersey, probably this suggestion might go into the too hard basket
I look it this way

They aren’t giving anything away , no reserved seats , no free tickets , it’s just a supporter membership for maybe $35 more than a standard jersey retail price.

Let’s say they sell 1000

They’d be making at least $60 on each one.

And who knows might get new members.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8