Josh Starling

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Depression and bipolar are real things, and an illness the same as any other. Seeing people you are close to being slowly consumed by them is devastating, and being almost powerless to help, even more so. Do not trivialise mental illness, or the small role that ambassadors can play in making a smidge of difference. I don't know why it happens, or how it happens, and I hope it doesn't happen to you or anyone you know TC, but good people like Starlo are trying to make it slightly more visible and understood, and use their higher profile roles in society for the greater good.
They are real things just not an illness or disease and should not be treated as such.

I never stated i don't believe in mental illness i stated i don't believe with full 100% complete confidence "depression" is an illness and to a lesser degree i also feel the same way about bipolar disorder.
I'm hearing that you're not sure whether you're right or wrong about depression, bipolar, etc being mental illnesses. That's a good starting point for a discussion.

If you "posit" the word illness to exclude any particular illness, then by definition that illness is no longer an "illness" by your particular definition. Is that what this discussion of depression & bipolar is about for you? Positivism? Definitions? Interpretations?

Or is there a matter of underlying substance that you're pointing to? About the most helpful way of responding to depression and bipolar?

They are real things just not an illness or disease and should not be treated as such.
Over 2000 people commit suicide per year in Australia alone but thanks for clearing up that depression is not an illness. I'd like to know what your getting at or what your basing your opinion on but I'm guessing your just a dinosaur and stuck in your ways.

a casual look at the definition of an illness is enough to solidify my initial assessment that you are of weak intellectual and moral fibre. You are entitled to an opinion, but when said opinion defies fundamental logic, extensive research, and basic common sense, you are better off smashing your keyboard into a thousand pieces, as opposed to typing with it.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2