Josh Starling

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
?? we already have Lussick on our books.

We are losing 1.5 props worth of minutes (between the 4 we are losing) to be replaced with Meehan simple as that. To expect this guy to play the 50+ minutes every game and no injuries/suspensions is ridiculous.

We will be play some unknown out of NSW cup at this stage who makes Burgess look like a world beater.
I'm not sure that Liam Knight will be used as a backrower. I think he will be used as a prop, especially with reducing interchange (if it drops to 6). I don't think we want to have too many Meehan type builds, a leaner fitter option like Knight is probably the go.

I agree that for depth, one more prop is a smart choice; however, I think the club will use both Meehan and Knight in the middle if they are able to step up - which again is a reason for more depth as you say - they are both 'if's at this stage of their careers.

Several clubs are considering handing free agent forward Josh Starling a deal for 2017.

Market Watch can reveal the 26-year-old met with Cronulla last fortnight and also caught the eye of St George Illawarra.

Starling, who began his first grade career with South Sydney back in 2012, was linked with a move to England but is likely to continue his career in the NRL and add to his 67 career games.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...h/news-story/189dcdb39e810f080768ea77144cf5dc

Hope he gets a gig at another club, never seen him dog it and has always given 100%.

Too lazy. Gives away lazy penalties, walks back on side, horrible defender around the ruck. Not good enough if we want to challenge for top 4 again.
well he is not the only one guilty of that .... it was one of my main bugbears last year ... watching our guys slowly get back into line with their freakin backs turned to the opposition .... and especially when quick tap penalties were on, against us!! .... basic stuff that obviously needs to be revisited at training. ... ffs jog back into line backwards so you are ready to defend !!

Last edited:
Too lazy. Gives away lazy penalties, walks back on side, horrible defender around the ruck. Not good enough if we want to challenge for top 4 again.

Walking back on side is about all I agree with, but he wasn't the only one. That should have been addressed by the coach. Line speed in defence and attach is another.

he had a good year in 2014... wish him all the best :)

again.... another player we did not see his full potential

definitely better than Nate Myles

good luck big fella ... served us well

well he is not the only one guilty of that .... it was one of my main bugbears last year ... watching our guys slowly get back into line with their freakin backs turned to the opposition .... and when quick tap penalties were on, against us .... basic stuff that obviously needs to be revisited at training. ... ffs jog back into line backwards so you are ready to defend !!

reminds me of an amateur coach in charge of the team ...

saw plenty of amateur things from Barrett to be worried about .... lets hope is a quick learner... lets hope for Zorbas/Penn/Fultons sake he turns it around.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6