• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
It's not my fault I bruise like a peach

I hate Perry, he cost us two valuable points and a weakened team for this weekend.  Total idiot.

Hunt got off. So did Perry, which was interesting as I thought there was intent there.

DSM5 link said:
I hate Perry, he cost us two valuable points and a weakened team for this weekend.  Total idiot.

Mate, I can understand your frustration, but he's seriously our only forward with aggression.

Willow, Kite, Beaver, G Stewart could dead set start a monastry.

That's also not saying those players are bad players.

They are just not aggression players, and that's something we sorely need.

Perry was a stand out for me in round 1.

Perry is an idiot but I do like his aggression, would rather see him come off the bench rather than starting with 3 props though.

Glad he got off, a penalty was enough for that little tap.

Dan link said:
Hunt's elbow was away from his chest, and even if it wasn't I had my ribs fractured by someone using the same move in soccer, the elbow is the elbow no matter where it is tucked in.

I didn't see the graham hit but from the sound of it during the radio calls it was pretty nasty

Well Hunt got off, so obviously the judiciary didnt see his elbow hit Anansta and Graham only got one week for his supposedly nasty hit on Hodges. Stick to websites Dan, you are much better at it.

Ah that old chestnut. Just say you were wrong Dan, it's much more manly than using the the old forum excuse.

I was wrong....sure. But still

*eh hum* "5th"

Actually what I dont get about this decision, is that the reason it went to the judiciary was

- Contact with the head
- Shoulder charge (Which the NRL have said they are clamping down on)

I can understand that the contact with the head was not entirely his fault, simple because Anasta fell. But that does not make the shoulder charge any less reckless or careless.
It should still be the tackler's duty to try to avoid dangerous contact, if they hit someone with a shoulder and that goes wrong, then they need to be punished according to the current policing.

The only reason I am ok with the decision, is that if Hunt were punished for it then Matai has no chance.

The problem is that I think the players on the judiciary, could not separate the hit to the head from the reckless shoulder charge.

The reason for him getting off is as follows

"But they successfully argued the contact with Anasta's head was unavoidable.

Dr Gabbett used video evidence to claim Anasta fell 59cm into the tackle leaving Hunt with a reaction time of only 120 milliseconds to alter his tackle, something he said was "not humanly possible" to do."

As I pointed out above, the fact that the player fell into the tackle is no fault of the tackler. It just so happens that he made contact with a shoulder instead of a chest, stomach, hip or leg which got everyone up in arms and all excited about it being a cheap shot. What was Hunt supposed to do ? If he had being trying to make a normal tackle with his arms then it wouldn't even had made it to the judiciary, which just shows what a joke the citing system is....it runs on emotion. If the NRL deem that shoulder charges are a legitimate tackling method then they have to accept the consequences when things go a little awry.

The way I look at it is this. Imagine a bloke diving towards another player at stomach height to pull off one of those tackles that just make you go, "**** yeah, what a hit". Legitimate, not high contact, but still using the shoulder.

Now imagine the bloke with the ball slips half a second before contact is made and the shoulder hits him in head. A copybook tackle has just turned into a judiciary meeting according to the NRL's new rules.

The very premise of a tackle is using your shoulder. When I was a kid you were taught to hit and drive with your shoulder.

The only time a shoulder charge should be reviewed is when elbows or forearms start being introduced, like Benn Ross.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4