just a coincidence?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
The ref who came on as a sub the other night is doing the Dogs/Warriors game and after watching his performance today it’s safe to say he isn’t biased,he’s just incompetent.He certainly likes to blow his whistle

The ref who came on as a sub the other night is doing the Dogs/Warriors game and after watching his performance today it’s safe to say he isn’t biased,he’s just incompetent.He certainly likes to blow his whistle
Truth be known and I hate to say it.
That ordinary Titans team played with far more intensity- fighting in the tackle in attack off the ground and hitting harder defensively to win time on The tackled player.
Penalties generally are won by the team showing more urgency, as was the case in that game.

Truth be known and I hate to say it.
That ordinary Titans team played with far more intensity- fighting in the tackle in attack off the ground and hitting harder defensively to win time on The tackled player.
Penalties generally are won by the team showing more urgency, as was the case in that game.

Totally agree Maxta! I saw them demolish the Tigers earlier this season and wow, just wow they can turn it on when the planets align and their opposition lose focus.

Totally agree Maxta! I saw them demolish the Tigers earlier this season and wow, just wow they can turn it on when the planets align and their opposition lose focus.
Energy mate - that’s where they killed us...forget refs....destroyed by a more enthusiastic team

Energy mate - that’s where they killed us...forget refs....destroyed by a more enthusiastic team

When we had all the possession ... we were more energetic and scored 22 unanswered points (and bombed 18 more)

When they had all the possession they were more energetic and scored 36 unanswered points .....

When we got possession in the last 10 mins we were more energetic and scored 12 unanswered points .......

When we had all the possession ... we were more energetic and scored 22 unanswered points (and bombed 18 more)

When they had all the possession they were more energetic and scored 36 unanswered points .....

When we got possession in the last 10 mins we were more energetic and scored 12 unanswered points .......
And when the game was on the line to start the second half, they had the energy for 25 minutes and put the game to bed.
They won that energy through rugged uncompromising defence early second half, and we were not willing to compete at that level.

You always say we lack fitness!
Manlys Fitness and Don Singe

Yes, but want to know the difference? That team turned the early poor form around and went on a late run putting them one game from a final series.

Comparing that team to this is extra ordinary.

Secondly, we'd come off a decade of dominance mate. A decade where we consistently dominated the opposition with high intensity, high energy, speedy yet powerful game.

Third, I wrote Donny at that time, and he agreed that quite a few players came into camp under done, and he said he was going to whip them into shape.

I get you took the time to literally research the forums from 3-4 years ago to attempt to belittle and demean my standpoint on our current fitness (and good on you for that), but my point stood back then (Don agreed), and it's more appropriate now given in hindsight, we didn't know how great we had it back then.

Spending a Sunday Arvo traulling the internet to achieve what, I don't know, but mate, you badly need a social life.

Lastly, my point on all of it stands. Ferris is in his 8th season as head fitness coach amongst various teams (not limited to one culture). He has won 0, yes ZERO games in that time.

He got Willie Peters fired by his bullying.

He looks unkept. Just like our scruffy, lazy efforts in the latter parts of games (where it's becoming habitual now that we just get rode right over the top of).

biggest turning points were when Winterstein dummied to tom who would of scored under the posts to go up 28-6 when we were on fire. I reckon we go on with it from there. Also when cherry and kelly missed scoring within millimetres, then very next set Titans score.

Another was our disallowed try in second half to Lane, very next set they score a soft try. Our heads dropped after that, knowing the game should of been won by that point. Should of been up by 30
We don't need to be up 28-6 to win!! To lose from 22-6 up is astronomically ****, and the players should be given bloody punishments for their lazy, pissweak efforts

against the tits we were on fire-then the ref left the field injured,
look what happened.
against the panfers we were looking good-then the ref gets injured,
the rest is history.
i can't explain/try to make up an excuse for the other losses though
This only suggests that the ref was helping us, yet when he left we couldn't stand on our own two feet and defend.

biggest turning points were when Winterstein dummied to tom who would of scored under the posts to go up 28-6 when we were on fire. I reckon we go on with it from there. Also when cherry and kelly missed scoring within millimetres, then very next set Titans score.

Another was our disallowed try in second half to Lane, very next set they score a soft try. Our heads dropped after that, knowing the game should of been won by that point. Should of been up by 30
We had our chances . Just like the Titans did and came up firing in the second half after their coach revved them up .
Good coached teams make the most of their chances or create more opportunities and consolidate
This loss was not a one off . It has been happening all year and our coach has not come up with any solutions .
Our roster is better than the crap we have been producing . Our team has been underperforming all season
Even Fortress has become a house of straws under Trent .
All we ever hear after a loss is excuses .
Nothing great has ever come from people that offer excuses .

Yes, but want to know the difference? That team turned the early poor form around and went on a late run putting them one game from a final series.

Comparing that team to this is extra ordinary.

Secondly, we'd come off a decade of dominance mate. A decade where we consistently dominated the opposition with high intensity, high energy, speedy yet powerful game.

Third, I wrote Donny at that time, and he agreed that quite a few players came into camp under done, and he said he was going to whip them into shape.

I get you took the time to literally research the forums from 3-4 years ago to attempt to belittle and demean my standpoint on our current fitness (and good on you for that), but my point stood back then (Don agreed), and it's more appropriate now given in hindsight, we didn't know how great we had it back then.

Spending a Sunday Arvo traulling the internet to achieve what, I don't know, but mate, you badly need a social life.

Lastly, my point on all of it stands. Ferris is in his 8th season as head fitness coach amongst various teams (not limited to one culture). He has won 0, yes ZERO games in that time.

He got Willie Peters fired by his bullying.

He looks unkept. Just like our scruffy, lazy efforts in the latter parts of games (where it's becoming habitual now that we just get rode right over the top of).
Haha the search for your old post took literally about 15 seconds, not all afternoon. You can try it, just type 'fitness' into the search box for our forums, the only category I checked was 'titles only'. I don't even have an especially speedy connection here so you can probably do it faster. (And I confess didn't actually read that thread, just had a quick scan of your first post.)

The point was, it occurred to me that you have often had a bee in your bonnet about our players' fitness and from memory that went way back even to the Donny days so I had a quick look and found that was correct.

Personally I suspect our fitness in general is not much different to that of nearly every other team. I think our second half fade-outs are not caused by fitness. Suli of course started late due to injury, but I think it is more on players' confidence and teamwork (and inexperience on our right hand side), but that is only my guess, I readily concede you may be right.

As to Peters, I don't have any inside info so can't comment on that part. From my distant viewpoint I don't see any obvious sign of unhappiness or a bullying culture in our squad. As to Ferris's appearance, that doesn't bother me if he can do the job.

By the way, I recall one year under Donny, may have been 2010, when we regularly bashed sides in the first half and ran up good leads but fell away to lose quite a few games. Due to fitness, or something else?

Fitness at this time of year would be similar at all NRL clubs.
The reason Manly look tired is being unenthusiastic.
When they get a roll on like the Eels game and most the first half vs Titans - they looked the fittest team in the comp.
The mental fatigue is the killer....they are not head strong when the game becomes tough...they then look lacklustre in comparison to the opposition who can smell blood and lifts as a result of the lethargic Manly defence which go's from bad to worse....
You always feel more tired when losing, yet you can do the same mileage when dominating and winning a game and feel you could run around all day.
Everything becomes harder when you are losing and the physical side of the game becomes far tougher when the mental side is down on confidence and belief.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11