Kade Snowden Shoulder Charge

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I really dont like whats brewing here. This season I have felt coaches may have exaggerated an injury concern early in the week, which can have a massive impact on the sentence. A coach does not have to say anything at the press conference, so is safe to say on Monday player X has a suspected broken ego and may be sidelined for 8 weeks at the judiciary tues/weds, and the players scans reveal soft tissue damage only and takes his spot in the team as a late inclusion 6 days later. ha ha suckers

remember the coaches are telling players to dive, so to assume they are above this tactic is naive, so if the NRL are to take this stance on suspension V injury more prudent steps must be in place,and not determined by the air time it gets in the papers, and possibly the sentence of the player being reduced if the ego heals 4 weeks faster. 2 weeks for the sentence and 6 for the injury as eg. Thought has to be made how the injury sentence affects loading as well, and all playes that receive a hit that has been on report should be contacted by the NRL as a follow up.

Now we are just about to hit finals where the impact is massive. manly play storm next week and could possible meet again within a few weeks so a scenario like that aaginst the lyons, cherries, forans, slaters, smiths or cronks could be major for the NRL. If an inglis or a SBW were to cop this it would have a big impact on any of the teams. The NRL has got to get there **** together and stop being so reactive, implement with though and show they know the game and the people playing and coaching it

What we have seen this year is everytime the NRL get something wrong, like Inus spear tackle, cronks non sin binning someone elses pays shortly after. I can not believe they are so inept and so quick to destroy there product

Its like telstra run them rather than sponser them

I think Snowdon was unlucky (although there is an argument that Thompson is even unluckier). I don't think he meant a shoulder charge - unlike Pritchard and Money Bill - yet because of the unfortunate broken jaw he'll get a sentence four-times that of the other two.

In the end of it the Cowboys bloke didn't break his own jaw, Kane Snowden did. Deserves a long suspension.

The hypocrisy comes about with SBH getting only two weeks.

Both deserved six weeks.

Pritchard's looked worse and intentional. He was even smiling afterwards.
The broken jaw is a terrible injury but many variables besides Kade Snowden's shoulder combined to result in that injury.
I do feel sorry for players who do not intend to hurt others cop huge suspensions when others who seem to intend get off lighter.

jbb/james said:
I really dont like whats brewing here. This season I have felt coaches may have exaggerated an injury concern early in the week, which can have a massive impact on the sentence. A coach does not have to say anything at the press conference, so is safe to say on Monday player X has a suspected broken ego and may be sidelined for 8 weeks at the judiciary tues/weds, and the players scans reveal soft tissue damage only and takes his spot in the team as a late inclusion 6 days later. ha ha suckers

Too right James, I'll just bet Ray Thompson is faking that broken jaw.....(TIC)

Ralphie said:
jbb/james said:

Too right James, I'll just bet Ray Thompson is faking that broken jaw.....(TIC)

not saying he is, but im not saying paul shaw got concussion 12 weeks in a row either. it will be exploited. im all for the NRL to implement a fair rule that reflects harm, I just want them to half arse it like it currently is and outline it to all concerned like the current legal system is.After all its there job to, rather than plucking random cases to apply the unwritten law to. It wasnt that long ago Issac luke said he wished he broke another players leg. Where does that sit in the current system. Intent, but not strong enough to inflict so he should be let off ????

Kiwi Eagle said:
Scummy Bill just produced a shoulder charge on Beau Ryan

He did a couple, and JWH did one as well.

Do these get 'reviewed' at all or is the penalty sufficient?

While there are some valid points made, I think Snowden is a little unlucky in a lot of respects.

Thompson was being tackled from behind which changed the point of contact. The tackle caused damage, increasing the suspension.

I still maintain that what Reynolds did by charging out of the line should have drawn more attention than it did. He didn't even attempt an arms tackle. And yet, nothing. Is he the latest addition to the koala club ?

What did GI get for the hit on Dean Young last year ? Was it 6 weeks ?

7 weeks for Kade.

Done and dusted.

2 weeks for prickchard

Meanwhile, Cronulla centre Ben Pomeroy is facing a possible one-match ban after being cited for a dangerous throw on Sydney Roosters' fullback Roger Tuivasa-Sheck late in the Sharks' upset win over the ladder-leaders on Monday night.

(nothing about sbw or jwh?) - protected species. Well jwh not so much.

I didn't see the incident so waited until I got some good looks at it before commenting.

The damning evidence for Snowden is that although he is more in a braced position, he does make a very obvious shift forward just as Thompson is nearing contact. He never needed to make that adjustment as he had time to pull out or slightly shift his posture to avoid the type of contact he made.

I think that the right penalty is applied here (and tellingly the Knights are not making a lot of noise against it), but it doesn't address the light sentence handed to SBW earlier in the year for a more aggressive action against Mason.

^ I know! I re-watched the sbw on Mason hit and the knights would love to be able to get a 'please explain' on that one.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2