Kaeo Weekes

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Yeah had zero impact which is just a shame because the kid looked so good in lower grades…
I agree that his fitness looked below what is needed at that position… it has to be Garrick at FB in future when Turbo is out
I don't think he's played in Blacktown. Seem to be too big a jump from juniors straight to 1st grade. I guess you don't know if you don't try.

I have this to say about the two games Weekes has been our fullback in 2023.....

Remember how Tom was before last Sunday? He still had 5 tries, numerous try assists and line break assists. That would have been better than what Weekes has so far shown in first grade.

Tried at dummy half. Fail.
Tried at 5/8. Fail
Tried at fullback. Fail

Now I understand why last time out against Newcastle in Mudgee, Seibold preferred to put an injured Tuipulotu back on instead of putting on Weekes who was sitting on the bench fresh as a daisy.

He's either not that good, or he's simply not ready for first grade at this stage of his development.

Poor guy was on a hiding to nothing today.

He's been in the side, then out, then 18th man, played as a 6, 14 and fullback.

Any wonder he is struggling...

He needs to spend at least a month back in reserves, in ONE position, playing 80 minutes every match to rebuild his confidence in his game.

He'll come back a tougher, better player.

I have this to say about the two games Weekes has been our fullback in 2023.....

Remember how Tom was before last Sunday? He still had 5 tries, numerous try assists and line break assists. That would have been better than what Weekes has so far shown in first grade.

Tried at dummy half. Fail.
Tried at 5/8. Fail
Tried at fullback. Fail

Now I understand why last time out against Newcastle in Mudgee, Seibold preferred to put an injured Tuipulotu back on instead of putting on Weekes who was sitting on the bench fresh as a daisy.

He's either not that good, or he's simply not ready for first grade at this stage of his development.

And to think, he was one of this busload of apparent Messiah's that we have coming through.

He needs to spend at least a month back in reserves, in ONE position, playing 80 minutes every match to rebuild his confidence in his game.

Plus he will probably have a better coach to develop under. I can't see any development under Seibold. Seems as though the Blacktown coach is not bad.
I fear Seibold willl over the years let most of the good talent walk away because he's got a poor history of developing young players. If he persists in the role, he will most likely do what Barrett did and that's buy established players from other clubs.

Weekes needs to figure out what he wants. Has all the physical attributes and skills, but if he wants to be an NRL fullback (or spine player) he'll need to be more assertive. Including verbally. It's not for everyone (where's Manly's sport psychologist when we need him?)

Weekes has shown in his 2 games at fullback this year that’s he’s not quite ready for it yet, which is fine as he’s 21 and still has plenty of talent. He did show some good signs early today and made a really nice run off a 20m tap, but just didn’t involve himself for most of the game. Definitely agree that he should play 80 at fullback for Blacktown for a while and we put Garrick back there when we have to..

Which leads me to say I’m disappointed in Turbo for playing origin. Latrell set a precedent last year sitting out following an injury and it worked out for both him and Souths, and I think given his recent history Tom owed it to us to do the same. We waited 12 rounds for him to put in a performance like last week and that came with his NSW spot on the line. He’s also not the type to back up so probably misses another 3 of our next 5 games (including Parra and Storm away). He may win an origin series but he likely won’t be playing finals footy this year.

Compared to that Tigers fullback Bula , Weekes just hasn't grasped his opportunities. His lack of involvement in the games he's been picked at fullback and 5/8 have been very disappointing. I hope all this hasn't damaged his progress and stifles his talent.

His skills & game attributes are that of a class centre.
Given opportunity & time there, he & Koula would be ideal centres going forward.

Last edited:
His skills & game attributes are that of a class centre.

What skills and attributes?

He is reasonably elusive, however as you can see with Koula, being elusive and fast is not a instant recipe for centre success.
He can't tackle, certainly won't be able to slide in defense . He can't break tackles one on one and does not posses the " hard " run off the line.

Hopefully in time he will get these, but he is not first grade standard atm.

As we see with the maligned Parker, his one on one defense is exceptional as is his hard runs and runs into gaps - unfortunately he is a bit slow both in attack and laterally in defense.

He was really good in that game against the Dogs last year at fullback (minus the dropped bomb that cost us the match), and one of the features of his play was a high work rate. He was in and around the ball and made a ton of kick return metres. That is what I find strange about his recent efforts. It's not as if he has made errors or stiffled the attack, he just hasn't really been sighted.

Weekes is not a fullback. I believe his only chance of being a regular NRL-standard player is as a half or 5/8.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4