Kayo

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Stevo

First Grader
Hi all,

Just looking for advice. Have just subscribed to Kayo. How do you find it compared to Fox sports and do you still get a pre-game show?

I have Kayo
I find it better than Foxtel itself And it’s cheaper
You can still watch all shows , you can watch live or delayed you can pause or if you miss the start just click on tab from live or start
plus Kayo has minis so if you want to a certain game you can watch a condensed replay
All in all I find it great

Yep, much more versatile than Foxtel and, depending on your playback device, the quality is just as good. Weirdly enough, works best for me through an unofficial Kodi plugin on an Xbox One X. And if that sentence confuses you, you should probably try an Apple TV or a Chromecast.

I have it during the footy season.

It has a number of additional shows like matty Johns, NRL360, etc... in additon to the games.

Also has the ability to watch from the start whilst the game is still going if your late or a no spoilers replay mode so you watch the game without knowing the score at 10pm cause your wife dragged you to some stupid social event without checking Manly was playing ;)

If you have a smart tv (android, telstra tv etc..) with the app is a better experience cause you can just sit and watch it like you would Foxtel.

It is a little pricey for just NRL. Not too bad if you can it at seasons end. I watch motorsport so I can get 2 sports out of it and cancel through summer.

It uses about 2.5GB per hour on HD so be mindful if you run on a limited connection. Also You preferably need half decent internet (becoming less of an issue these days).

For me its worth it cause i have young kids and often do the nightly routine at kick off. So I often jump on a 8/9pm to catch a game from the start when I get some rare peace and quiet. :)

I’m still stuck on Foxtel as I take my box with me in the caravan and can watch from anywhere , Kayo due to the lack of internet where I go isnt an option.

Yep, got rid of Foxtel and then got Kayo
Much better value as I only ever watched sport on Foxtel anyway

I ditched set top box Foxtel for Foxtel Now because I still wanted kids and whatever that stock channel package is along with sport. The sport offering seems the same as Kayo so if you just want stand alone sport I'd say Kayo is perfect.

If you like football/soccer I highly recommend getting into the Bundesliga. Best comp in the world...

I've got a new generation Samsung TV - whihc was driving me NUTS as I couldn't get Kayo or Foxtel Now/Go on it (I don't believe in set top boxes..... hate them).
Recently they released the new Foxtekl Go and KAYO apps on Samsung TV - so now I have Foxtel on the TV app (which is awesome) and I also get it on four other devices. Admittedly, we have really good NBN here in Fiztroy North, and my wife is an AFL addict too - so we needed something. Plus now she gets some bonus shows lifke Lifestyle and Drama stuff as part of the base package, so she loves it and doesn't question the cost.
Don't think my comment helps you, but hey ho.

I subscribe during the footy season then close it once it gets to finals. I have no need for foxsports and just don't watch enough sport. I only watch the footy and Kayo makes the most sense as I can watch it whilst i travel for instance.

The NRL really lost a trick when they signed away all their digital rights, I suspect they would get a significant amount of subscribers to a stream of the games package instead of having to use one of these services.

I don't care about things like the footy shows, I just want access to the games. They could offer packages for all games, or just the games of a specific club, seems absurd in this day and age a better option than the digital pass does not exist

Last edited:
I subscribe during the footy season then close it once it gets to finals. I have no need for foxsports and just don't watch enough sport. I only watch the footy and Kayo makes the most sense as I can watch it whilst i travel for instance.

The NRL really lost a trick when they signed away all their digital rights, I suspect they would get a significant amount of subscribers to a stream of the games package instead of having to use one of these services.

I don't care about things like the footy shows, I just want access to the games. They could offer packages for all games, or just the games of a specific club, seems absurd in this day and age a better option than the digital pass does not exist
Are you with Telstra because you get access to all live games for free through the NRL pass if you are

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 4 4 -60 8