keep politics out of the game

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe more apt to have social issues as a reference instead of politics
Sure whatever term works for you. So the question would then be, Should we keep social issues out of sport?
Which is probably better in a way as it highlights the absurdity of it. How can social issues not be in a sport (or anything else) that is social? It's an impossibility!

I think too many people confused what politics is.
No people are not confused by politics

People are consumed by politics

and People are abused by politics

Sport should not be prostituted with political agendas

All it does is take the focus of the sport just like it has on this sport forum

No people are not confused by politics
some are!
and People are abused by politics
No people are abused by other people, politics is just the word for thinking about how and why this happens
Sport should not be prostituted with political agendas
i've admired your defence of prostitutes in the past but now you are using the term as a criticism?
All it does is take the focus of the sport just like it has on this sport forum
Actually this is the General Forum @:D

(Aside from all that ... I agree with you) :)

Sure whatever term works for you. So the question would then be, Should we keep social issues out of sport?
Which is probably better in a way as it highlights the absurdity of it. How can social issues not be in a sport (or anything else) that is social? It's an impossibility!
Guess that i was trying to suggest that once politics is referenced in any form and what are really essentially social issues or problems , probably just detracts from the merits or otherwise of some pertinent social or general community issues . Politics reference just seems to almost automatically invoke or influence attitudes not really conductive to better outcomes or just complicating any preferred processes .

some are!

No people are abused by other people, politics is just the word for thinking about how and why this happens

i've admired your defence of prostitutes in the past but now you are using the term as a criticism?

Actually this is the General Forum @:D

(Aside from all that ... I agree with you) :)
I look at it this way my feathered friend

Sports People are abused by other people that politically prostitute the game they come to see and take the focus and the sports spirit away from the game

I do not defend any one that takes the focus off the game and fcks the game and divides the people that just want to go and focus on the fcking game and nothing else but the fcking game

The game should not be fcked like prostitutes are by politicising it

Have great day :)

But hey , nothing wrong with simply having or titling Keeping politics out sport as a theme heading . Must have been heaps of instances over time of social issues or political overtones in combination with sporting events . Even the Suffragettes used a major horse racing event in England back in the day to protest and to highlight some prevailing injustices for women at the time .

But hey , nothing wrong with simply having or titling Keeping politics out sport as a theme heading . Must have been heaps of instances over time of social issues or political overtones in combination with sporting events . Even the Suffragettes used a major horse racing event in England back in the day to protest and to highlight some prevailing injustices for women at the time .
There are many avenues that we can socially protest

But when we go to a game we want an escape and this is our escape .

We want time out as time out is healthy for us

So it is imperative we get this time out

And our great game gives us this therapeutical time

A time to watch and focus on just the game and enjoying with no distractions

Wll
Maybe more apt to have social issues as a reference instead of politics . Manly social issues resonate similarly or not so harmoniously across the full range of political outlooks but politics as a broad term and in relation to sport , probably will still continue as a mainstream reference even if a bit on the superficial side .
I definitely think they should keep Politis out of the game. Oh wait ....... never mind.

There are many avenues that we can socially protest

But when we go to a game we want an escape and this is our escape .

We want time out as time out is healthy for us

So it is imperative we get this time out

And our gre but at game gives us this therapeutical time

A time to watch and focus on just the game and enjoying with no distractions
Bit idealistic but see where you are coming from . Certainly better for sporting events to be free of any drama and just for the focus to be on the play or spectacle

Bit idealistic but see where you are coming from . Certainly better for sporting events to be free of any drama and just for the focus to be on the play or spectacle
There is a time and a place for everything feathered friend

and sports arena should be a place for game time only

i'll just plead ignorance so i should be right . You probably have a better avoidance ploy up your sleeve

And I was going to say - not necessalary - but if we keep going down this path, we might cop an ST suspension. And rightly so! @:)
Good to see that you are well on the mend from that nasty bug . Looks like you had a good trip but always a couple of curve balls out there sometimes unfortunately

Good to see that you are well on the mend from that nasty bug . Looks like you had a good trip but always a couple of curve balls out there sometimes unfortunately
Yeah, trip was good. We spend a fair bit of time in the US (family) and I had timed this return for the start of the footy season but family circimstances changed, so we came back early this time. There are always curve balls in the US but its definitely getting more screw balls. Looking forward to seeing the boys in action at Brookie soon.

The problem that the advocates of Politics in sport have ... is .. where do you stop ... and the inevitable conflict of virtues ... not to mention the guaranteed unintended consequences ...

Okay, let's just say it's fine for sporting organisations to make virtue calls ... goodo ... but not all their fans and participants may agree with their cause

Okay, let's say it's fine for sporting teams to make virtue calls .. goodo .. but not all members may agree with their cause ...

Okay, let's say it's okay for individual team members to make virtue calls ... now we are getting close to anarchy ... individual agendas abound.

Where do you stop ... on homosexuality for example, there are 68 countries where it is still illegal ... so who could argue against banning playing against them ... goodo ... so no more cricket games against Pakistan, Afghanistan, Bangladesh, West Indies, Sri Lanka or Zimbabwe ...

And no more Rugby League against PNG, Cook Islands, Samoa, Tonga, or Lebanon.

Or, let's help women rights world wide .... so no more sporting contact with any Muslim country and half of Asia ... Soccer just lost about half of their opponents ...

Or human rights issues ... there goes China, Russia and another 30/40 countries ....

Now sponsors .... here it may be easier to try and find a sponsor that is acceptable ... let's eliminate all Gambling and alcohol companies to start ... get rid of all mining and energy companies next ... wind farm you say, bugger off .. they kill birds ... solar panel you say .. made in sweat shops in China, who are already banned, as well as requiring extensive mining to produce. How about dunkin do-nuts you say ... bugger off, they promote child obesity you numbnut ...

And while we are showing the world how virtuous we are as we spiral inevitably towards disappearing up our own orifice ... let's ban Australia day, the National anthem good Friday, Xmas and easter eggs ...

For example ... Ash Gardner's voicing displeasure at the fact a game was scheduled on invasion day .. taken in isolation is laudable for some ... good on her ... but at the same time she is prepared to play against Pakistan ... one of the worst countries in the world for the treatment of women and gays ... without any apparent qualms .. does she not care?

Not having a specific shot at Ash ... she obviously feels strongly about her issue ... but it highlights my point of where do you stop ... and the inevitable challenge of hypocrisy for picking and choosing your outrage without consistency ...

Okay, let's say it's okay for individual team members to make virtue calls ... now we are getting close to anarchy ... individual agendas abound.
Now you're confusing me. Weren't you fully supportive of individual Manly players making their own virtue calls and refusing to wear the inclusivity jersey?

In regards to your question 'where does it stop', presumably any issue only arises when it arises and even then is only acted on when some tipping point is reached.
Recent example, Australia just withdrew from an ODI tournament in protest at Afghanistan's treament of women. Last Thursday. Why the sudden change? Afghanistan played in the World T20 only a month or 2 ago?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4