Keppie told to leave, replaced by Tigers Alex Twal

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Nothing new on this thread
We have seen it all before

The Manly Moto is always
Leave your premiership winning mark or leave the club

No players Coach or Ceo is spared from accountability
To Live up to our legendary clubs High premiership winning standards

A Successful clubs greatest asset is the the Great people it Invests in
View attachment 24913
"
No players Coach or Ceo is spared from accountability
To Live up to our legendary clubs High premiership winning standards"

Shame it doesn't apply to the owners.

One thing you can be sure of is that the Tigers are utterly dysfunctional. I have a feeling these players will go up a gear with us. Not sure that they will be premiership quality, though.

I like Keppie. He's not the first Manly player that made me nervous every time he had the ball a bit like Anthony Watmough but not in the same class.

But Choc was a legend and a Manly legend. Raised in a trailor in Naraweena he is a self made man.

Choc had the Manly first attitude at all costs and ran and tackled harder than anyone his size had any right to.
Yea he dropped the ball a bit, but tje great killed this shortfall. He had a mongrel to him that elevated Choc to Manly legend status imo.

Unfortunately Keppie ain't on the same universe to Choc.

But Choc was a legend and a Manly legend. Raised in a trailor in Naraweena he is a self made man.

Choc had the Manly first attitude at all costs and ran and tackled harder than anyone his size had any right to.
Yea he dropped the ball a bit, but tje great killed this shortfall. He had a mongrel to him that elevated Choc to Manly legend status imo.

I stood next to Choc one time at Brookie, I was surprised as to how small he was. The guy must have had a powder keg full of agro that made him the player he was.

I don't expect that we are signing Woods in view of signing James and the interest in Twal. If that's what they are doing it makes sense to me.

Thought spud was straining him

Seems to be everywhere now. Keppie will be snapped up quickly I would have thought.

It's like a Garage sale where you display on the footpath all the items (players) you don't need anymore in the hope they'll get snapped up by people ( clubs) looking for a bargain. But reality steps in and the people (clubs) don't want to spend that much so you pick them ( players) up and take them all back inside the house ( club ). Oh well, do another garage sale next week.

Wonder how much of the cap that will free up if Keppie and Weekes move on , maybe some 500 k
No doubt had to find some provision to upgrade Haumole and Koula but should still have some extra funds available if these two do depart . Garrick would be on pretty decent money now also and Paseka was entitled to some increase along with Froggy and Sipley ,
Then Brooks and Schuster in that higher value category
Really hope that Alioia can earn his keep for whatever time he has left at Manly , 600 k per season is obviously way overs for the injury plagued and indifferent form outcomes of the past 3 seasons .
Doubt if there would be much interest in Tuilagi as he would be on reasonable money at Manly ,
Would be ironic if the West Tigers showed some interest

Yeah, just hope our accountant is doing the sums and contract lengths for each player we have or about to have on our 2024 roster. Not sure what the NRL cap rise will be for 2024, but think it's substantially higher for next year.

He's an honest toiler at best, for Twal to be told to find another club from a side that just picked up it's 2nd wooden trophy in a row tells you all that you need to know.
Think Tigpies accept that the current crop are taking them nowhere and are clearing out deadwood to bring in some young guys. Maybe we should try this instead of recycling has beens

Think Tigpies accept that the current crop are taking them nowhere and are clearing out deadwood to bring in some young guys. Maybe we should try this instead of recycling has beens
Think we are cought in this cycle and with other clubs of trying to buy players on potential rather than on players who hit the ground running from the start and prove their worth from the get go.

• 🤝
Reactions: Ned
I don't expect that we are signing Woods in view of signing James and the interest in Twal. If that's what they are doing it makes sense to me.
That's what I've been thinking mate. In my opinion:

James > Fainu (statistically / metrics wise). People are talking about the potential uptick on Fainu, but forget James has just turned 22, which is a pup for a prop. This is a win in my opinion.
* fringe forward upgrade

If we get Twal, I'm not correlating that with a swap for Keppie (despite him being told he can leave, but as a replacement for Woods. Given Twal is 27 and still has plenty to give;
Twal > Woods (so I'm happy here). This is another upgrade.
* upgrades the 15 position

My view with Keppie, is that Lodge is his replacement. I don't know what his return from an ACL will be like quality wise, but on face value, as much as I loved Keppie:
Lodge > Keppie (which is then a third upgrade in the forwards).
* upgrades the 8 position

Gordon Chan Kum Tong > than most 14's we've tried (Weekes, Arthur, Lawton, Matterson & others), so that's a definitive upgrade, particularly because it provides a spark off the bench at dummy half.
* upgrades the 14 position

The marked improvement of Sipley and Bullemor in my view severely improves the depth and strength of the second bench prop rotation, so we'll see natural improvement there.
* upgrades the 16 position

Then lastly, you have a sleuth of players buying for that 17 baxkrow spot. If we get a fully fit Schuster in that spot, we may very well have one of the most effective bench rotations os say: GCKT, Twal, Bullemor, Sipley / Burbo / Tuilagi .... hopefully a fully fit Schuster is a Tuilagi replacement which is a HUGE upgrade at 12.

08. Matt Lodge
09. Lachlan Croker
10. Taniela Paseka
11. Haumole Olakau'atu
12. Josh Schuster
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Gordon Chan Kum Tong
15. Alex Twal

Bullemor, James, Trbojevic, Aloiai, Sipley fighting it out for that last position.

And now the chickens are going to make a play for Keaon. Well. Well. Well. Won't be surprised if Angus stay yet they can still afford him.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10