kick taker

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The Matai kick-off experiment has failed. Was that a Joey Johns brainwave?
I'd like to see the kicks mixed up, rather than just banged as close to the dead ball line as possible. Jack Gibson was a master at getting his players to try different kicks offs - grubbers, floaters, short to regather etc. There is always a gap between the front and rear receivers that can be exploited. Try to land the ball there and hope it gains an unusual bounce.
Keep the opposition guessing.

The Who said:
I'd like to see the kicks mixed up, rather than just banged as close to the dead ball line as possible. Jack Gibson was a master at getting his players to try different kicks offs - grubbers, floaters, short to regather etc. There is always a gap between the front and rear receivers that can be exploited. Try to land the ball there and hope it gains an unusual bounce.

I think chez has some kind of leg, ankle or groin injury so getting him not to kick for a while to allow it the chance to heal

Dan said:
The Who said:

I think chez has some kind of leg, ankle or groin injury so getting him not to kick for a while to allow it the chance to heal

It is a foot/ankle injury from trying to kick the ball dead when the tigers were going to score. He kicked the tigers player in the elbow/arm and the pain was immediate and showed on his face as he sat on the ground holding it for a while. Before he hit the ground, he still knocked the ball dead. Legend!

mozgrame said:
Dan said:
The Who said:

It is a foot/ankle injury from trying to kick the ball dead when the tigers were going to score. He kicked the tigers player in the elbow/arm and the pain was immediate and showed on his face as he sat on the ground holding it for a while. Before he hit the ground, he still knocked the ball dead. Legend!

Yes but why did Matai take the first kick off?

Dan said:
mozgrame said:
Dan said:
The Who said:

Yes but why did Matai take the first kick off?

Cherry knew he would kick one of the Tigers at the first opportunity and that it would probably hurt, so Matai was to kick the ball long and high to give Cherry the time to chase down field and deliver a Slater style, flying side kick to the head of the receiver. They trained all week for it. Matai stuffed it up and Cherry had to improvise.

Stevo said:
We should kick off short for the start of the first half in the GF

I would love to see that haha!!

Hmmm...what are your thoughts TC?

• 👍
Reactions: Dan
mozgrame said:
Stevo said:
He doesn't have thoughts. He communicates in binary.

I bet he'll beg to differ. Can't wait!! :)

0100111101101000001000000110111001101111001000000110100001100101001000000110010001101111011001010111001101101110001001110111010000100001

just a thought, what if an attacking player catches a bomb slater style kicking the defender away and as the defender is now on the ground the attacking player has an easy run to the line. Must be some rule against it or the scum would already be doing it.

Orfords kick offs and drop outs only went 15 metres at best. Couldve been handy. lol

Its a fundamental error that can easily be fixed.

Anyway, at least we have an option if the game is on the line and we get a penalty to kick for goal in the 80th minute 50m out

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8