Kieran Foran ensures our future

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Whenever the Manly Boys are on TV, their articulate and friendly answers show up the much seasoned Players from the other teams.:angel:

Kieran's viewpoint of staying true to your ideal, and the money will follow, was heart warming. Hopefully the current juniors were listening.

Sandow is showing what a sell out does to a person - queue T-Rex 2013:cool:

bones said:
Cameron said:
Ryan said:
Who's Kevin Ward??? - hehehehe JK guys. All I remember about 1987 at the ripe old age of 12, was that John Dorahy signed with The Bears !
Oi that b word is worse than the c word :)

If I remember correctly it was those dirty bears who ended our 13 game winning streak in 1987 .

You remember incorrectly. It was the Roosters at Henson Park who ended the winning streak in 1987. We lost to Cronulla at Shark Park in the infamous Bozo 'cement truck' match, then went through and beat every other team one after the other. A 13 match winning streak that finished with a victory over the sharks at Brookie. A week later we cost to the chooks at Newtown.
But what a great year that was. Cliffy at his best all year. That was the first year that I attended every Manly match in a season.
Lol I got confused with rd 25 where the bears got us 32-30 at brookie.

Was an awesome year first premiership I remember as I was too young to remember 76 and 78.

swoop said:
The best prop going around at the time, tough as nails. Flew back from UK in the GF.

Ward put on probably the greatest GF prop display in the club's history. From sub-zero temps in the UK to a GF at 40 degrees where anyone else would have wilted and died. Not this bloke. Unfortunately I never understood more than a couple of words he said.

And on Keiran - love this young bloke as a player. He has a ton of guts and always shows a massive understanding of how a game is unfolding. He will be one of the absolute greats and if he stays at Manly for his whole career then I couldn't be happier. The halves signings, which I know cost a packet, are seriously the basis of a terrific future.

Now that the dust has settled from the contract negotiations, I can say that it's really great to think he saw his future at Manly and hopefully will be with us long term. I've always had a high opinion of him as a player and a person.
It's easy to forget how young he is and the more games he plays the more he'll improve. His combination with Cherry will hopefully become every bit as good as the fabled Toovey & Lyons partnership of the 90's.
The only thing that might slow him down is injury, as we've seen this year. However when fully fit, he's got the potential to take over the super star mantle from Brett in the near future.

In the immortal words of one of my favorite poms, Robson Green.... "He's a keeper!"

KW landed a couple of days before the GF and it was stinking hot on the day of the game.
Players didn't go into the sheds at half time but sat out the back as it was cooler than in the sheds.
They cut the sleeves off his jersey at half time to cool him down a bit.

I've got the jersey hanging in my wardrobe signed by the man himself

Mybludog said:
They cut the sleeves off his jersey at half time to cool him down a bit.

I've got the jersey hanging in my wardrobe signed by the man himself

What a piece of memorabilia! Fantastic.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8