kieran is a LOCK

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
This is a bizarre topic in my opinion. Next year Foran will be either half or 5/8. He won't be lock unless (a) we are stricken with some inter-galactic virus that wipes out the whole forwards packs in NRL, 20's (and reserve grade if we have one), PLUS (b) we have magically signed some extra halves.

I also refute the suggestion from some that he has disappointed this year, or has suffered second year syndrome, or that his form can be mentioned in the same breath as Daniel Mortimer. He has been rock solid all year, despite at times carrying injury. He may not have 'starred' or cut opponents to ribbons but he's been one of our most consistent players. Given he's in a key position, playing with a halfback who is also inexperienced, and given he's still only played 20-odd matches, he's been nothing less than excellent.

Ahh sue (ridgepipe?).... your a gem.

Kieran Foran DEFINATELY would be a better lock than 6. I can't believe how many times we chose foran to kick over hoddo this year... hoddo has a much better kicking game... a real good pick up for the dogs :(

Foran needs to work alot more on his kicking or just not kick at all.

SeaEagleRock8 link said:
This is a bizarre topic in my opinion. Next year Foran will be either half or 5/8. He won't be lock unless (a) we are stricken with some inter-galactic virus that wipes out the whole forwards packs in NRL, 20's (and reserve grade if we have one), PLUS (b) we have magically signed some extra halves.

I also refute the suggestion from some that he has disappointed this year, or has suffered second year syndrome, or that his form can be mentioned in the same breath as Daniel Mortimer. He has been rock solid all year, despite at times carrying injury. He may not have 'starred' or cut opponents to ribbons but he's been one of our most consistent players. Given he's in a key position, playing with a halfback who is also inexperienced, and given he's still only played 20-odd matches, he's been nothing less than excellent.

I have to agree. We should still develop Foran at 6. He is young and will only grow with experience. We have a fairly good backrow next year, so no need to change him to lock yet.

Re his kicking game, saw a stat today that he is in the top 10 players for the amount of forced drop outs through kicks, so he isn't as bad as everyone seems to think. Yes it's sometimes hit and miss with his kicking, but i have seen real improvement in the latter part of the year, and a good off season will help him with his kicking game.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4