Pre-Game Knights v Manly [Round 5, 2022]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

6 30
McDonald Jones Stadium
07 Apr 2022 07:50 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.

skeagle

Reserve Grader
anyone know if walker is injured. des said he was the main concern, good to see he was named but unsure if he will play

Tragic Eagle

Tragic
Premium Member
Tipping Member
We will need to play smart to win. No silly offloads and and no hand overs. This will be a tough game and DCE won't be able to control it if players keep turning over possession or giving away penalties. Our pack needs to turn up ready to slog it out for 80 minutes. Fingers crossed.

Pete W

Bencher
Loving the one eyed optimism on this thread, but without trying to sound like a negative Nelly...
Manly win rate: Without Turbo 33%, After a 5 day turnaround (when the opposition has at least one more day of recovery) 15%, and During Wet weather 33%. Manly's chances of winning tomorrow evening less than 2%. Sorry fellas, ain't gonna happen

WiseyEagle

Reserve Grader
His mates apparently call him "Cnut the Great'................really! :cool:

And his grandfather invented Bluetooth.........crazy but true.........
Thai luk thung singer เพลิน พรหมแดน (Phloen Phromdaen)’s song “กลัวดวง” (“Klua Duang”/“The Fear”) sings a song that in his native tongue is very interesting. Definitely worth singing while watching the dirty tactics employed by teams playing against Manly.

jbb/james

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
It’s about time we prove we can win without Turbo.

Tomorrow night is as good a time as any to start a new stat!!

“ we can win without Turbo but we win bigger when he’s there “.
in the past my memory is that manly get up for a game, game and a half before old demons strike
as you say its time

mickqld

Sea Eagle forever
Tipping Member
It’s about time we prove we can win without Turbo.

Tomorrow night is as good a time as any to start a new stat!!

“ we can win without Turbo but we win bigger when he’s there “.
Too true @Mark from Brisbane it is time. Let's see our forwards rip in and dominate , our halves go deep into the line and create gaps and then kick the crap out of the ball so they spend all night in their own 30m zone. Do that and we'll win.
So it's Knights by 8.

Fibro Eagle

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Like to see the forwards follow Aloio he was good last match ran hard and was playing the ball quicker than most , If Manly can dominate there we might get to see Koula‘s speed in open spaces

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Too true @Mark from Brisbane it is time. Let's see our forwards rip in and dominate , our halves go deep into the line and create gaps and then kick the crap out of the ball so they spend all night in their own 30m zone. Do that and we'll win.
So it's Knights by 8.
Let’s face it , flashy halves and backs get all the accolades BUT they don’t get to do their stuff if the forwards don’t lay the platform.

It was DCE who got the chocolates last week but he got there on the back of the forwards.

The forwards win the battle and the game is half won.

double hoops

First Grader
Loving the one eyed optimism on this thread, but without trying to sound like a negative Nelly...
Manly win rate: Without Turbo 33%, After a 5 day turnaround (when the opposition has at least one more day of recovery) 15%, and During Wet weather 33%. Manly's chances of winning tomorrow evening less than 2%. Sorry fellas, ain't gonna happen
Spot on. History suggest we have no chance. No chance at all. It is impossible for Manly to win this game. We can't cover for Tom. We won't be fresh and will look like bustards all game. And time and time again this dumb team is just incapable of playing wet weather footy. Don't value possession. Don't value field position. Won't kick early. Won't kick to corners. And most certainly won't look to win this game with defence. Defence forcing errors earning the right to attack.

Last edited:

TimmyQ

Bencher
I think the players just need to realise that even without Tom - on paper we are a pretty talented football team. With that lineup named for Thursday they should be confident they could compete with ANY team if they play to their potential and get rid of the self doubt. Go Manly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 118 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 6 42 17
14 7 7 37 16