Korisau is not a 1st grade hooker.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
We have a under 17s girl side ,who has a good dummy half (not hooker) lol who could give him a real run for his money lol No inappropriate jokes @:D@:D@:D

I thought Api was one of our best today...I didn't see him throw one ball that hit the ground...it was when other players got into acting half that passes hit the deck.

He threw a few, one was from right to left about 10m out 3rd tackle as we were trying to make a comeback, went behind our player completely and we just managed to dive on the ball, but this kill the rest of that attack.

I though he was a bit better than last year but still needs a lot of improvement. Hastings or Cullen would be starting hooker at Blacktown next week to get a good read on them if i were coaching.

Look i think cullen is ideal ive seen him play for burleigh great player,as a smokey joey lussick could be a goer if all fails,an hastings would be good as cullen is in attack asking questions at opposition line.Trent has plenty of options, has to be brave an chance his arm a bit +our team defended well an our team looks like they want to play for each other which is encouraging

Last edited:
Unfortunately I didn't see any improvement from Api when it came to his passing from dummy half.

When your team is starved of possession like we were today (ok, yesterday) you need to make what possession you do have count.....and his behind the back, at the knees or above the head passes made it hard for us to get anything going.

Sure, ok, he made 41 tackles, but lets be serious for a moment here. In most games of rugby league these days, unless you get someone like Jake Trbojevic tackling themselves to a standstill, most hookers are going to top the tackle count with anywhere from 30-50 tackles simply because they spend most of their time in the middle of the park. But while he made 41 tackles, he also missed 6 (a game high he shared with Sironen).

As much as I love Api's heart and enthusiasm, he really isn't first grade standard.

Agree, hooker is such an important position. Time to give Hastings or Cullen a go.

He's not **** but he's not what this team needs at the Moment. Cullen could be like Granville for us.
The problem is that Manly have indicated they don't want a running hooker - hence the release of Matt Parcell and his instruction (as it has been reported) to simply pass not run last year.

Whoever comes in needs to have vision, read defence well, get it to the right player at the right time with crisp service. He also needs to not miss 5/6 tackles a game like Api - Parcell averaged 1 miss per game last year.

I'm not sure how Cullen would go with the defensive workload. I would go for Hastings; however, I would prefer Cullen getting a shot than keeping the status quo.

Yeah I saw no improvement from him. From our first set of 6 I was shaking my head at his passing. They were slow and mis-guided. (Yes the refs did not help our cause).

I would like to see Hastings get the no.9, as he is also a genuine play maker with the ball and has a great kicking game. Oh and he can pass. I think hastings can handle the defensive load.

I think Api is still an asset, but would be better taking brown's spot, as brown picked up from where he left off last year.

Korisau's passes from dummy half aren't crisp enough. Some times you see players ready to take the ball up and the pass should be just infront of them so they can keep their momemtum and not at them or behind them. When we get on a roll you try and keep it going with quick play the balls with the hooker or one of the halves running from dummy half or passing it to the quicker men. It happened a few times yesterday only to have it break down with loose carries, bad passes or getting the timing wrong.

I know there's a lot of support for Hastings here, but has anyone seen him play an NRL game as a hooker?

Its a fair point you make, but if we are going to carry a hooker who can't pass, we might aswell give Hastings a go.

We are playing a depleted Souffs outfit next week, perfect opportunity to give Hastings a run.

Give Hastings a crack. Correct me if I am wrong but I am pretty sure he is also a decent goal kicker too.

Api is a ball running 5/8, not a hooker. He can cover hooker in a pinch but I think he is better suited to the halves. That is what I thought last year and my opinion hasn't changed.

I don't understand why API is front and centre with the turbos and Walker on manly promotions and website. He's not one of our stars nor is he a senior player. I'm perplexed about why he is prominent, what am I missing?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
9 7 2 72 16
8 7 1 56 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10
9 4 5 -16 8