Koula Extended

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

LeonardCohen

Bencher
And in further good news, the Club has also extended the contract of exciting young Tongan international Tolu Koula for a further three years from the end of the 2024 season.

This is great news! He's had a rough couple of weeks but I think he is playing injured. The knee is heavily strapped and he is a yard slower. But...he is a gun and will keep getting better. I love watching him compete and will say he is my sentimental favourite in the current side (alongside Garrick).

I know Ethan has been playing well with ball in hand, but I'd let him go as well. Soft as a marshmallow in defence.
That's because he's a mobile prop that our idiot coach is playing on the edge. Des did the same last year too and I'll never understand it, he clearly proved in the first half of this year that his best role is in the middle off the bench

I know Ethan has been playing well with ball in hand, but I'd let him go as well. Soft as a marshmallow in defence.
Of all the players to defend against after playing middle all year, NAS is the last on the list haha. I don't know too many defenders that hit and stick on a guy that big. Timing on a guy that size is so important; the legs have to be taken by one defender simultaneously as the other defender takes the top or you're on a hiding to nothing. A lack of consistent time in the position and combination with his inside and outside defender, made that a tough baptism for poor Ethan the other night. I can forgive him but yes, if there is an area he needs to improve, it's D (even in the middle).

That's because he's a mobile prop that our idiot coach is playing on the edge. Des did the same last year too and I'll never understand it, he clearly proved in the first half of this year that his best role is in the middle off the bench
I agree. But he is still doesn't quite cut it in defense. Need a hardhead

Gee. I must be one of the few Manly fans not overly impressed by Koala. Yes, he is quick, but he rarely gets into space and doesn't score many tries for a centre. He's small, doesn't break tackles and can get steamrolled.
Perhaps I'm expecting too much. We've always had amazing centres. Obviously he's young so I hope he'll prove I know nothing.

Turbo - fantastic
Garrick / Koula - fantastic
Saab / Paulo - fantastic
Brooks / Schuster / DCE - fantastic

I hope all this news is reinvigorating people.
Now for the pigs.

Still need a classy hooker.

I really think with a good off season under his belt, Gordon is that guy mate. Every game I've seen he makes others around him better by his presence - which is the affect Ballin used to have.

Agree though, one marquee quality forward, and BAM..Shame we didn't land that fella from the Broncos

Turbo - fantastic
Garrick / Koula - fantastic
Saab / Paulo - fantastic
Brooks / Schuster / DCE - fantastic

I hope all this news is reinvigorating people.

I really think with a good off season under his belt, Gordon is that guy mate. Every game I've seen he makes others around him better by his presence - which is the affect Ballin used to have.

Agree though, one marquee quality forward, and BAM..Shame we didn't land that fella from the Broncos
Can’t disagree Gordie needs some experience off the bench to get his FG career off to a start.

I reckon we just need a tough nut who can tackle; a no-nonsense forward to help Jurbo and Froggy in defence.
If the rumours of us chasing Whyte from the Roosters are correct,then that is the guy.
If the rumours were wrong and the player was Paulo......

Gee. I must be one of the few Manly fans not overly impressed by Koala. Yes, he is quick, but he rarely gets into space and doesn't score many tries for a centre. He's small, doesn't break tackles and can get steamrolled.
Perhaps I'm expecting too much. We've always had amazing centres. Obviously he's young so I hope he'll prove I know nothing.
I can see where you're coming from, given his form hasn't been fantastic, but I think he is playing injured. He's only 20, in his second season and played 30 FG up to this point. Considering he runs the 100 in 10 seconds and is built like a tank, I reckon he has a huge future. Heaven help the opposition if someone learns how to get him the good ball he deserves.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8