Lachlan Croker

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Anyone considered Foran to Hooker, Weekes or Shoe to 5/8 - other to bench. Walker to dummy half wont work, never did in the past.
It’s a guessing game mate, think Mick‘s already said it, half the side has been mentioned as playing 9, I guess the man who really knows isn’t about to tell us, but we haven’t got long to wait now before we all find out, the bookies should be running a market, they would of cleaned up.

Anyone considered Foran to Hooker, Weekes or Shoe to 5/8 - other to bench. Walker to dummy half wont work, never did in the past.
If Walker is 9 then it means Schuster would have to be playing long minutes at 13 as it leaves only 2 true middles on the bench and Sipley at 13 will not play long minutes you would think....
For me Schuster to 6 and Foz to nine but who knows...

If Walker is 9 then it means Schuster would have to be playing long minutes at 13 as it leaves only 2 true middles on the bench and Sipley at 13 will not play long minutes you would think....
For me Schuster to 6 and Foz to nine but who knows...
Surely we don’t mess with our halves, we need Foz to play his role, service our edge and straighten our attack. K and Walks can share the role between 9 and 14 and Shoe and Sips (if Sips actually starts at 13 can share that role). It wouldn‘t even surprise me to see Keppie start at 13 and Sips start up front. Like you mentioned who knows…….but it’s going to be interesting to see how it unfolds.

Can we call up the young lad Gordon from the J Flegg side. He wasn't named but covid... Surely we could? Be better to call him up then Weekes at 9. Unless Weekes goes to 6.

Surely we don’t mess with our halves, we need Foz to play his role, service our edge and straighten our attack. K and Walks can share the role between 9 and 14 and Shoe and Sips (if Sips actually starts at 13 can share that role). It wouldn‘t even surprise me to see Keppie start at 13 and Sips start up front. Like you mentioned who knows…….but it’s going to be interesting to see how it unfolds.
Des will probably start with Keppie at 9 lol.

It is a bit of an unusual selection but Weekes is very versatile. I see a bit of Nicho Hynes about him. Will be watching with interest.

Agree, I posted after the Tigers trial last year ... that of the youngsters he was the one that impressed me as most NRL ready .. it has taken longer than I thought it would for him to debut but excited to see him play.

It is a testament to his talent and the comfidence that Dessie has in him to throw him in the unfamiliar hooker role on debut ...

I just don't understand Hasler. On one hand he plays it safe and slow with younger players yet he throws young Weekes into hooker for his first grade debut. That to me is incredibly unfair on Weekes when Des clearly has other options. We will see what transpires tonight and the outcome but Des is so glued to keeping Foran at 5/8 that its undermining the balance of the team and placing a lot of unnecessary pressure on Weekes. Weekes should be getting a start but not at hooker. Snap out of it Desmond.

Can we call up the young lad Gordon from the J Flegg side. He wasn't named but covid... Surely we could? Be better to call him up then Weekes at 9. Unless Weekes goes to 6.
That would be ideal - he is a real 9. Did some nice things against Newcastle on the weekend.

Think the issue is more who can tighten the now exposed hole. Walker is to lazy to make 40 tackles, will Weekes be able to do same given he's a Fullback or half? Is Shoe fit enough to play a whole game at 6? Foz is a team player and would do the job.

Think the issue is more who can tighten the now exposed hole. Walker is to lazy to make 40 tackles, will Weekes be able to do same given he's a Fullback or half? Is Shoe fit enough to play a whole game at 6? Foz is a team player and would do the job.
I have no doubt Foz would do the job, defensively there all going to have to pull their weight in the middle, no one is going to do the amount of work any of our 3 outs usually do, I just think its best to leave Foz in his position, path of least disruption and he offers us more linking our attack and playing his normal role. Who ever fills the roles of 9,12 & 13 is just going to have to dig in and tackle their backsides off during their turn on the field.

Fitness, form and structure - Des will be privy to the state of play of all 3 of these in relation to current players and who goes where.

My conjecture:
  • Schuster isn't all that fit yet - so off the bench he stays
  • Burbo - must be fully fit, raring to go, and wants to prove a point
  • Weekes - same as for Burbo - both he and Des must be fully confident in his skill set, defense, fitness, passing ability and game direction to name him in Croaker's role this week
  • Sipley - may have been named at lock, but if he plays there (and plays Jake's long minutes), then I'll walk naked to Dubbo. Sipley will play 20 minutes at prop, then Walker will come on.
  • Keppie - will play lock for the first 20, then prop.
  • All the prop rotations (no - not crop rotations) will be of 20 minutes duration, but probably not much more, as Jake seems to be our only big middle forward that can play long minutes.
The use of interchange and team structure will be interesting to watch. Perhaps this is the game for Weekes and Burbo to shine - let's hope so.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11