Lachlan Lewis

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Just throwing out the idea that he would be a good buy. There's talk of doggies chasing Reynolds to partner Foran which leaves Lewis out. Lewis has one of the best kicking games in the comp and plays an organising type game which would allow Chez to just play off the cuff and not be under pressure to perform every kick. We were at our best with Foran and Green, both who could kick and take pressure off Chez. Most teams have a fullback or a hooker that can kick, we have Chez and Chez only. Turbo, walker and levi/Fainu really don't help out in this department. Ive been telling my mates for a year now we should chase Lewis. I know we have Schuster but I really believe Schuster could be our next Glenn Stewart and be a ball playing backrower or lock. Why not have both??? Thoughts?

Lewis is a tough young compeitor, but I don't reckon he adds an upsize to the options we already have.
Would take Walker ahead if him and young Schuster is only a matter of time imo.
You may have a point with Schusters ability to play back row, but I feel will get his first shot in the backline...
I think Croker is as good an option today....but that's based on only watching Lewis in a few games, your judgement is generally good so wouldn't discount it, but again based on what I have seen....already better options at home.

Lachlan Lewis is a hopeless park footballer. I watch all dogs games and he is the main reason they lose. He was hooked during the dogs 2nd game this year for good reason. Thats why they want Reynolds who imho is also a dud but better than Lewis.
Big no from me

If Lachlan Lewis is the best halves player the Dogs have outside of Foran ... they're in trouble. And to me, any suggestion that they are willing to take back Reynolds shows that they are kinda desperate, especially with Foz's physical health still being questionable.

Last edited:
With regards to the Dogs and Lewis ... I think the original plan was that Foz as the veteran would be able to guide their halves through games. Problem there is that they were planning that with a guy who has struggled to string games together because of various injuries he's had ever since he left Manly.

Its a bit hard to be guiding young halves like Lewis through games when the "teacher" is sitting on the sidelines thanks to his latest long term injury.

Edit: I don't think Dean Pay and his staff planned that out very well given Foz's injury history. But then, what choice did they have? Josh Reynolds had been let go and outside of Foran their halves are basically a bunch of kids straight out of the juniors. In hindsight they'd have been much better off keeping Grub and bringing the kids along slowly. Now they've had to bring them straight into first grade because Grub is gone and Foran is again sitting on the sidelines with injury.

Last edited:
Im in no way suggesting lewis is better than what we have. Im Suggesting his style of play would suit our teams style and also lack of kicking ability. I suppose Lewis is useless just like Parker was, Just like Boyle was, Just like Suli was, Just like Siro was, just like Elliott was just like Gosiewski was??? ;) im sure Des could turn Lewis into a gun, he is a strong defender and has an awesome kick on him which is all we really need from our halves partner with Chez and Turbo at the back

Young player who appears to have a lot of potential but, on the park, he comes across as under involved and disinterested. May have found it easy in the juniors and now he’s not willing to dig deep to meet the demands of first grade. When/if he pulls his finger out he may be a star.

Even if the cap stays the same , which is in a bit of doubt going forward , better to just concentrate on current half's options , As far as backline priorities , retaining or trying to retain Suli should be top of the list . Walker has shown an improved kicking game in recent times in any case . Not sure if Schuster has much of a kicking game but still would not exclude him from being considered as a future 6 option . Lewis seems a capable footy player but agree not an upside on what is already available on the books now .

Im in no way suggesting lewis is better than what we have. Im Suggesting his style of play would suit our teams style and also lack of kicking ability. I suppose Lewis is useless just like Parker was, Just like Boyle was, Just like Suli was, Just like Siro was, just like Elliott was just like Gosiewski was??? ;) im sure Des could turn Lewis into a gun, he is a strong defender and has an awesome kick on him which is all we really need from our halves partner with Chez and Turbo at the back

I get where you're coming from. But how did Kane Elgey go under Des last year?

Des has done wonders since coming back but isn't a miracle worker with every player.

It's a NO to Lachlan Lewis from me, but I'm going to throw out another name for your consideration....
A winger to replace the reportedly-leaving Suli and/or the ageing Tafua:
Jordan Repana.
He would give us more pace and agility than the above two, and it would appear that Canberra will have problems with the salary cap next season.

Just to put some perspective on where im coming from.
Average kick metres over 350m a game
20 forced drop outs in the last 2 years and thats playing for the wooden spooners.
Hes tough and a gritty player and probably one of the better defensive halves in the game. A young 23 yr old with plenty of experience and a guy thats been thrown in the deep end and expected to lead a side on his own without having tje benefit of Foran outside him.

I think our lack of options late in the tackle count is massively hindering our chances of a premiership.
Even forgetting about the Lewis argument I reckon this lack of kicking ability is our achilles heel.

Last edited:
It's a NO to Lachlan Lewis from me, but I'm going to throw out another name for your consideration....
A winger to replace the reportedly-leaving Suli and/or the ageing Tafua:
Jordan Repana.
He would give us more pace and agility than the above two, and it would appear that Canberra will have problems with the salary cap next season.

I don’t think the balance of our rosters cap would allow big money wingers

Would be great though!

Young player who appears to have a lot of potential but, on the park, he comes across as under involved and disinterested. May have found it easy in the juniors and now he’s not willing to dig deep to meet the demands of first grade. When/if he pulls his finger out he may be a star.

It would be tough to shine as a half at the dogs during his development. If he came up through the roosters or storm set ups I say it would be a different storey

If Lachlan Lewis is the best halves player the Dogs have outside of Foran ... they're in trouble. And to me, any suggestion that they are willing to take back Reynolds shows that they are kinda desperate.
Yeah i think you are right mate. He would be alright playing 2nd fiddle to Cherry. How coukld we lose if it pushes Walker back to Centre?
Walkers a good 5/8 he was great last year and started to build this year. He is miles better than Lewis

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11