Late Mail - Snake to miss game?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
AAP

Manly fullback Brett Stewart will miss Friday night's NRL semi-final against Cronulla after succumbing to a hamstring injury.

Stewart, who missed last week's finals loss to the Sydney Roosters with the injury, failed to pass a fitness test on Friday morning.

Hopes of Stewart featuring for the Sea Eagles in the do-or-die clash at Allianz Stadium were all but dashed on Thursday after the NSW fullback failed to train.

Manly rookie of the year Peta Hiku is his likely replacement.

great player but must be the highest paid footballer ever on $$$ vs games actually played since the 2009 drama.

God said:
great player but must be the highest paid footballer ever on $$$ vs games actually played since the 2009 drama.

Played 22 in 2011, 21 in 2012 and 17 this year so it isn't quite as bad as it seems and is made out the past few years

Will be 60 from our last 80 including tonight if my maths is right

Kiwi Eagle said:
God said:

Played 22 in 2011, 21 in 2012 and 17 this year so it isn't quite as bad as it seems and is made out the past few years

Thats a lot better than I thought it was at 75%. He's played hurt a lot to which is no fault of his own but very unfortunate, it'd just be nice if the attack was build so centrically around him though to cover for this he wasn't there given we have a very experienced well paid backline that really on paper even without him should be able to cover his loss.

Normally, they don't get any more official than twitter, kind of their job to be first, and weight of numbers saying the same thing is good enough for me.

The betting still says Manly a comfortable win @ $1.28

I would have thought this price would blow out after Snakes confirmed absents, but obviously priced in already.

Hopeful we can win but shattered he wont be playing and my guess thats it for the season with Brett never mind come on Peta unleash the beast and go you mighty Sea Eagles.

Yep recriminations after the game are a possibility - but I still think we can get the job done tonight. I have Faith in Hiku...especially after a couple of hit outs at fullback.

I just hope re Brett its just a "half rest" and he was kinda close to being right and not a sign he aint coming back at all or is still way off the pace.

Anyway...onwards and upwards

Definitely worried now but have always been worried about this game.

What's the bet Carney plays?

Even if he doesn't I have seen some underestimating of the Sharks on this forum. They have beaten both Souths and Easts (or whatever they are now) and we haven't. Their forwards could be the best in the NRL.

Yes, we should outclass them in the backs, but we should have beaten Easts given the chances we created to their one. Only takes a few lottery kicks or a Gordon burst if it's a defensive grind.

Jamie better kick them as well.

Hope I am wrong and we smash them

God said:
Kiwi Eagle said:
God said:

Thats a lot better than I thought it was at 75%. He's played hurt a lot to which is no fault of his own but very unfortunate, it'd just be nice if the attack was build so centrically around him though to cover for this he wasn't there given we have a very experienced well paid backline that really on paper even without him should be able to cover his loss.

It surprised me as well, 2009 and 2010 are burnt into our memory I think

The knees in the back this year was a very unfortunate one as well

The strong spring southerly winds have now hit Sydney, so any bombs will be a lottery.

Manly have more than enough talent to win well tonight :angel:

Like to know how close he came to playing. Heard he failed a fitness test, does that mean in his first run through he pulled up and new he was no good, or he did everything asked and the fitness staff just aren't convinced?

Hopefully he will be fully fit for next week against the Bunnies. Having Hiku there means this is not the massive crisis it would have been.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6