Latu Fainu

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I don’t care how dumb people think the CEO and coaching staff are, they aren’t dumb enough to let him go without a good reason. The kid can play and we have spent a hell of a lot of time and money on this family.
There is obviously more to the story than we know.

While this is completely reasonable and could well be the case, is it also possible that our clubs demonstrable ineptitude combined with an ex recruitment manager and a slimy player agent created this situation

The owners/coach and ceo have done little for me to faith in them, so why would I have faith that they have done the best thing for the club.

We are a mess with no vision, no planning, no recognition that there is even some issues with what we are doing.

And to top it off we are a very very ordinary footy side with a lot of very ordinary players

Positive posts ? Hahaha. Is that what you're demanding at 2 wins in our last 8. 6 wins in our last 23 since our players refused to play.

Mate, you're a pelican.

Have a look at some of the fights you were having yesterday with a few posters. A complete pelican.
I think yesterday was easily sorted between 2 adults little boy.
Also don't call me mate, let's both make it easy and hit that "block" button
I'm not gunna lower to a standard of name calling like a 3 year old, let's leave it there .....though I do know you will want that final word 😅

I fell like I've stepped into the off season abyss.....

Respect and value your opinions on here @maxta and @Ryan and @Volley

Don't lose sight of the big picture...we're here because we love our team and all want it to be successful again.

There is no point in back and forth that doesn't respect each other.....
Good logic and good person, 98% like yourself are good, but these odd supporters who bag your opinion, I'm just not into that
I don't give a rats if you have different opinion, but do it with respect for your fellow supporters

More downgrading on talent. Awesome. Talau, right up there with Johns, Condon, Woods, Tuilagi.

Then again, if it means Tuipulotu is back to NSW Cup, I'm happy with that outcome.

1. Rueben Garrick
2. Jason Saab
3. Brad Parker
4. Tolu Koula
5. Tommy Talau

Is this it?
Don't think Talau will go to wing - reports are that he lacks pace. But then again - as Manly is clearly on the down-slide, nothing would surprise me any more with this administration.

T

Tommy talau is so sloowww.
Wests tigers fans cannot wait to get rid of Talua Must have the goat photos of Sheens

We are building one hell of a NSW cup side Not sure who plays FG though

Maybe Trent Seibold is going to be our NSW cup coach next year?

Why does TIM SHEENS refuse to quit Tommy Talau? How poorly does Tommy need to play to not be named in First Grade? are we building for the future and if so what part does this Manly 24 signed player play in that? Matamua cannot get a game and we have mistake prone error riddled Talau named week in week out.. Cmon Tim, please start making some decisions that make sense.. if not for Jahream Bulas emergence this season would be very disappointing.. Bula was scouted by his mate Trey Peni, so please remind me what McDonnell and the other scouts have accomplished or what theory are really being paid for?

Last edited:
I'll admit I haven't watched Latu play a lot. Samuela seems like he has plenty of improvement in him and he's already more than handy.

But if we take it as read that both these players, especially Latu, are future stars, I can't understand letting them go. Especially because I don't understand the hype surrounding Schuster. For every good thing he does he does 10 sh!t things. If this guy is the future, we're in serious trouble.

In some 50 years of supporting Manly, I don't think I've ever been more confused or less excited about the direction we're heading. What exactly is the plan when DCE retires ?

Apart from 2021 when Tom pretty much single handedly got us to the preliminary final, we've been also rans for the last 10 years. And I'm struggling to seeing it change any time soon.

Im always amazed at the way koala can resort to demeaning another poster and never get pulled up - but our own Usman Khawaja (the nicest man in the world) gets publicly pulled up.

I think Koala might be on their steroid cycle each Sunday as Koala gets very aggressive on a Sunday - or they have been drinking heavily.

Why would we pay a 16 year old 350k and put him in the top 30 then when he is almost ready for first grade swap him for wooden spoon winning club’s unwanted centre.

Who in our club thinks that is a good idea ?
Another great Manly mystery.

Oooft getting frosty

Liking the hits and misses nostalgia though.

I was in on the ground floor with Olakau'atu, was mentioning him very early on an kept at it even we he missed a year of flegg I think....hit

Never was impressed with the Myles signing.....hit

Though did think Lewis Brown would be a hit. For some reason had it in my head he was just the model professional who did all the little things right.....miss

Also at the time wasnt impressed by the Galuvao pickup....miss

Was not impressed when Gutho was switched for Walker. Was annoyed when Hynes and Ramian went....hit, hit, hit.

Never was too impressed with demetriou....hit

Thought Dorn was going to be a star...miss

Was ropeable when JWH went to the Roosters....hit

Was ropeable when Charlie Taylor went to the Roosters....miss

Thought Hugh Pratt was our long term hooker....miss

Nobody is right 100% of the time.

Main thing that bugs me is when people jump back and forth on a player depending on the most recent weekends results.

In terms of our current/recent youngsters.

Think Latu and Samuela make it big.

Actually think there is something there with Tuitavake.

Fifita and Flether Myers 50/50....at best.

Like Gordie a lot but not certain yet.

Toby, Veaga and Matterson I dont see as 30+ game first graders

Last edited:
This could well be the clean out the club desperately needs.

From all accounts, it seems the club is at the mercy of the Fulton/Tartak coalition so it seems all traces of it are being removed piece by piece, Latu (& probably Samuela too) the latest.

Since Mestrov took over, Kristie was walked, Fifita & Tuitavake were released, Scott Fulton went to the Tigers & now Latu is being swapped for Talau.

It’s actually starting to look like a very targeted campaign so I’m leaning towards Mestrov knowing exactly what he’s doing, as opposed to it being a disorganised mess.
Surely no-one could be stupid enough to sign Talau, Johns, Arthur and Woods?

Ony someone who wants their team to win the spoon and relocate to Perth

Since being in first grade, the gaffer (Koula) has won just 37% of his games. Ladies and gentlemen, we have our new Brayden Wiliame. He's made 330 tackles, and ready for this - missed 77 haha.
Koula is an excellent footballer - has great pace, excellent fundementals, and guts. He is still very young but is a great prospect - can be, and should be a match winner. Main problem so far are the logs playing inside him, none of whom have the minimum balls skillls or football nous, to give Koula decent ball. All in all he has been horribly handled, and frankly I would not blame him if he sought to leave the club.

Wests tigers fans cannot wait to get rid of Talua

We are building one hell of a NSW cup side Not sure who plays FG though

Maybe Trent Seibold is going to be our NSW cup coach next year?

Why does TIM SHEENS refuse to quit Tommy Talau? How poorly does Tommy need to play to not be named in First Grade? are we building for the future and if so what part does this Manly 24 signed player play in that? Matamua cannot get a game and we have mistake prone error riddled Talau named week in week out.. Cmon Tim, please start making some decisions that make sense.. if not for Jahream Bulas emergence this season would be very disappointing.. Bula was scouted by his mate Trey Peni, so please remind me what McDonnell and the other scouts have accomplished or what theory are really being paid for?

It's terrifying to think about isn't it.
Hopefully there's a method to all this madness and we have somebody or some bodies lined up we can get excited about

Will be off with his brothers
Not about money
Just want to play footy, it's the worst decision from Manly since I've followed them over 30 years
I still support these boys and wish them the best and have zero grudges to them at all - shame on the Manly heirachy
Isn't he playing footy here though? (Or was until dropped for yesterday's game)...
I find it odd as Sione doesn't seem like he's going to crack first grade at this stage...
Also they will be in the same team as Wakeham!

Surely no-one could be stupid enough to sign Talau, Johns, Arthur and Woods?

Ony someone who wants their team to win the spoon and relocate to Perth
I think it's probably a lot more to do with who we can afford and who wants to play here.

Honestly if you were an NRL player with something to offer a potentially premiership winning side would you come to us right now? There are ten clubs I'd sign with ahead of Manly if I were a player right now. Even the Dolphins have more potential upside than us.

Oooft getting frosty

Liking the hits and misses nostalgia though.

I was in on the ground floor with Olakau'atu, was mentioning him very early on an kept at it even we he missed a year of flegg I think....hit

Never was impressed with the Myles signing.....hit

Though did think Lewis Brown would be a hit. For some reason had it in my head he was just the model professional who did all the little things right.....miss

Also at the time wasnt impressed by the Galuvao pickup....miss

Was not impressed when Gutho was switched for Walker. Was annoyed when Hynes and Ramian went....hit, hit, hit.

Never was too impressed with demetriou....hit

Thought Dorn was going to be a star...miss

Was ropeable when JWH went to the Roosters....hit

Was ropeable when Charlie Taylor went to the Roosters....miss

Thought Hugh Pratt was our long term hooker....miss

Nobody is right 100% of the time.

Main thing that bugs me is when people jump back and forth on a player depending on the most recent weekends results.

In terms of our current/recent youngsters.

Think Latu and Samuela make it big.

Actually think there is something there with Tuitavake.

Fifita and Flether Myers 50/50....at best.

Like Gordie a lot but not certain yet.

Toby, Veaga and Matterson I dont see as 30+ game first graders
My main concern is we are heading back to the days where I got excited that Kevin McGuinness was coming across as a major signing, he was dreadful

Will be off with his brothers
Not about money
Just want to play footy, it's the worst decision from Manly since I've followed them over 30 years
I still support these boys and wish them the best and have zero grudges to them at all - shame on the Manly heirachy
Is it their decision to leave or Manly wants them out?

Isn't he playing footy here though? (Or was until dropped for yesterday's game)...
I find it odd as Sione doesn't seem like he's going to crack first grade at this stage...
Also they will be in the same team as Wakeham!
I expect Wakeham will be moved on, as he is off contract at the end of this season.

My main concern is we are heading back to the days where I got excited that Kevin McGuinness was coming across as a major signing, he was dreadful
I had high hopes for him. I remember him carving it up in the nines/sevens whatever it was back in those days in his first year here. And being so young at the time, I thought he was a star. How wrong I was lol

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8