Leagues Club Live

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Hmmmmm......

As a late 20’s male I feel I’m equipped to respond to this. I’m the demographic that sports like league should be targeting (25-35). Reasonably large disposable income (professional age), professional with few responsibilities beyond wife, living expenses etc.

It’s not money that turns me away from league though or many people I know. It’s endemic and systemic issues with the sport itself. It’s why the average fan is now in their early 50’s. There are countless other options for my $ some of them being other sports, some being a ridiculously overpriced housing market.

Content on other markets like nba is engaging and fun. Content around nrl makes me want to slit my wrists. ****wits like buzz rothfield being in both print and tv makes me want to puke. The negativity around league is just not needed in life.

If I wanted made up drama I’d read new idea and I know a lot of people that feel the same.

Then don’t get me started on game day and it’s not just manly it’s an nrl wide issue. You pay $30 to turn and sit on a piece of grass and drink mid strength beer and queue forever to get it. Or the alternative is I can sit on my comfy lounge, have a beer and watch foxtel on mute whenever I have to hear that ****wit anasta

I realize this all sounds like a whinge but many are the reasons the nrl is ignoring.

And that doesn’t even start on how ****ed the anti manly bias is. Commentators should be objective!!!

Market share will continue to decline unless they try to address some of these things. Participation is down to 3% which doesn’t bode well for actually having a future sport. No wonder a trainer now acts as an under 6s coach!!!

Rant over
Maybe you can be our ST youth rep at the club Lurker.

Maybe you can be our ST youth rep at the club Lurker.
Haha I’m not backward in coming forward. Don’t exactly consider myself youth. There’s a bit gap between current 18 year olds and people my age. I think the big difference is the internet. About year 9 or 10 was when social media stuff (MySpace) got big. I was 15 or 16. The internet wasn’t really big till I was in high school and I got my first mobile at 15.

Kids now have a tablet in their hands from birth. Such a different world and upbringing

Haha I’m not backward in coming forward. Don’t exactly consider myself youth. There’s a bit gap between current 18 year olds and people my age. I think the big difference is the internet. About year 9 or 10 was when social media stuff (MySpace) got big. I was 15 or 16. The internet wasn’t really big till I was in high school and I got my first mobile at 15.

Kids now have a tablet in their hands from birth. Such a different world and upbringing
Agree. I think it's a charger cord that comes out instead of an umbilical these days. I reckon I'm teaching the first generation of kids that swiped iPads as babies. Current 6 year olds. It hasn't done them any favours. There's even one obsessed with Fortnite which can't be good. I'd rather see them unplugged and up a tree but of course the fun police say no to that.
Anyway I'm trying to bring them up right, as Manly supporters, lol.

You think I'm miffed??? hat went outside and punched a Sasquatch right in the sack! All those damn photos, he mumbled, and never a thanks from the club. He has threatened to send pics of his 'junk' to the media!

That's all understandable but I hope hat doesn't send the pics. Otherwise he may need to conduct an investigation into himself and clear himself of any wrongdoing.

ha ha ... so how do you think it feels for us old farts?

My understanding of what Scott Penn was saying about a Brookie upgrade is:
A $35-m Centre of Excellence at the northern end (The Family Hill and scoreboard end) melded into an overarching grandstand comprising 3,000 seats. Problem is we have only been promised a total of $22-M. Such an addition would certainly take Brookie's maximum capacity beyond 20,000. To achieve funding the Council and State Government would have to agree to a Precinct Masterplan that imnclded apartment buildings up to 10 storeys. This influx of new residents would help fund infrastructure and the Centre of Excellence.
Where the "15,000 seat stadium" discussion came from was an overall comment that NSW needed several new 15,000 seat suburban stadiums if ever we were to attract major events, such as the World Cup soccer. He was anti the NSW's big stadium policy.
I don't think his 15,000-seat comments were about Brookie.

A $35-m Centre of Excellence at the northern end (The Family Hill and scoreboard end) melded into an overarching grandstand comprising 3,000 seats. Problem is we have only been promised a total of $22-M. Such an addition would certainly take Brookie's maximum capacity beyond 20,000. To achieve funding the Council and State Government would have to agree to a Precinct Masterplan that imnclded apartment buildings up to 10 storeys. This influx of new residents would help fund infrastructure and the Centre of Excellence.
Where the "15,000 seat stadium" discussion came from was an overall comment that NSW needed several new 15,000 seat suburban stadiums if ever we were to attract major events, such as the World Cup soccer. He was anti the NSW's big stadium policy.
No one seriously really believes that this might happen do they?

Everyone clapped at end and were thankful for Lyall and Scott is being open etc and making themselves available.

My sense was we have hit rock bottom and the effort and plan is in place to start the climb
Thanks mate I really hope so.

Lysol says all the right things. Now we need to see some follow up. Fingers crossed we will.

I’m happy that you enjoyed your experience & you sound positive. If the Penn management continues to administer the club as they have since 2012, promising everything & delivering zero,you won’t have too attend many more information nights.
The NRL are just waiting for a Sydney based Club to fall over & we are looking deadset favourites. Talks cheap, aggressive financial management is needed now.
⬆️ THIS GUY

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 16
I agree in hearing about 15,000 seat Boutique Stadium we really need to have something like 20,000 to compete in the modern world.

If we rebuilt Brookie Oval in the mid 1980’s or 1990’s we would be calling for a 25,000 to 28,000 seat stadium.

It has to be 20,000 at the very minimum (or even 22,000 capacity) especially if we can look to get an odd Waratah Rugby Game or Sydney FC game in the future. We need the new stadium to be used more than the 10 to 12 NRL games in the year.

Clearly you don't know what you are talking about. We get more to our games than the Waratahs do.

The club monitors all social media including ST in particular to gauge sentiment. Wayne in particular enjoys reading Ryan and Marks posts! ;-)

The coaching situation is covered above but it was mentioned that they hoped to have it sorted by tonight but wasn’t to be. Lyall met with Trent this morning and discussions are ongoing. It should be sorted soon.

Lyall now attends Football club board meetings and will be at AGM in December. My take a moment ch better relationship in place.

Scott guaranteed and it was approved by the board that all required investment is available to support to club in 2019. In other words funding is committed.

Other key appointments will be made in near future- this was in relation to Recruitment Manager.

Albert Hopoate will be onboard next year - along with a few other key juniors.

Don’t expect any big names coming our way next year.

Salary cap issue- Greenturd has now changed the rules to allow what we got pinged for to be legal. We never paid one cent to a player that wasn’t declared. Still not happy but we need to move on.

Good news coming hopefully re Lottoland and Centre of Excellence- meeting with Senior State government officials last week, $35m project to provide this as well as 3000 seats at Northern end.

Working with relevant stakeholders for rest of ground. This time the option being discussed is feasible - a mix of private/public investment. Watch this space in approximately 3 months.

Other topics;

Prices and quality of food
Ticket prices and membership packages will be more affordable
Why ex players eg Stewart’s are involved
The chairs and cleaning the gym
Culture among staff
Nothing was off the table - some questions around contracts etc were not directly answered for obvious reasons but most questions were answered.

In short Scott isn’t selling and is stumping up the cash. Coaching will be sorted very soon and the vibe I got is it will be a satisfactory outcome for members with some Manly flavor. Hoping for Lottoland announcement in coming weeks. Expect depth signings only no big names.

PS no sausage rolls nor sandwiches were provided
With Mr Cousins, it’s well to remember that it’s all relative, Wheel.

@Mitch @The Wheel hey guys I heard one female member took it upon herself to tell others not to ask negative questions before the forum
Started and then said said” for ****s sake move on and why don’t u ask them”. When a member asked why former players like the Stewart brothers have nothing to do with the club.

Can you guys confirm that.
This woman who is a Johnny Come lately fan (no one saw her back in 2002’when things were bad) seems to have become quite a bully towards other members.

@Mitch @The Wheel hey guys I heard one female member took it upon herself to tell others not to ask negative questions before the forum
Started and then said said” for ****s sake move on and why don’t u ask them”. When a member asked why former players like the Stewart brothers have nothing to do with the club.

Can you guys confirm that.
This woman who is a Johnny Come lately fan (no one saw her back in 2002’when things were bad) seems to have become quite a bully towards other members.
Cam - I didn’t see or hear that.

The disappointing part of the above is this the bit about funding being reliant on a masterplan including 10 storey apartments. Why? Isn't the leagues club site getting redeveloped in this way? It's a football ground. Build the grandstand, why does 'the plan' have to include a high rise development?

Last edited:
The disappointing part of the above is this the bit about funding being reliant on a masterplan including 10 storey apartments. Why? Isn't the leagues club site getting redeveloped in this way? It's a football ground. Build the grandstand, why does 'the plan' have to include a high rise development?

So the Penn’s get a bird’s eye view of the Eagles from the penthouse suite.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
9 7 2 72 16
8 7 1 56 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10
9 4 5 -16 8