Leeds Rhinos V Manly Sea Eagles Game day thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
some people on here really suffer from rose colored glasses. i love manly, but i have no time to entertain bull****... if their performance was ****, then it was ****... simple. doesn't mean anything about their 2012 performance necessarily, but reflects the reality of where they are at

I think Manly will be fine this year. Considering one try was from an intercept, another was from a forward pass, the game was a lot closer than the scoreline suggests. Leeds were playing in their conditions and were more match fit. Some of our senior players had only played 20mins of football in the Sharks trial.
Manly made too many errors and Leeds defence was very good but with more game time they will definetely be there at the end.
Just glad there doesn't look like to be any major injuries.

Anyway, look what happened the last time we won the WCC - a loss guarantees us a GF win 2012:p.

Honestly though Wamf, I think that's the most important thing right now. Seemed all good from what I saw.

Hope all the lads are ok. Cobwebs are probably well and truly brushed away.

Do we have a trial next week?

Ha

You just cannot argue against stupidity, so im outta here and off to the gym.

Looking forward to round 1........Go Manly

Hk eagle. The village have just called an apparently your missing #villageidiot #****enmoron

I agree with HK that we were pretty **** but that was to be expected and I don't care as the game really means nothing. The 2012 NRL premiership is where it is at. We will be better for the run.

HK_Eagle said:
some people on here really suffer from rose colored glasses. i love manly, but i have no time to entertain bull****... if their performance was s**t, then it was s**t... simple. doesn't mean anything about their 2012 performance necessarily, but reflects the reality of where they are at
I'm the same if I think a post is ****house i will say and your posts this morning have been well ****house

Napper said:
Cambo said:
Hk eagle. The village have just called an apparently your missing #villageidiot #****enmoron

Well the jerk store just called and theyre running out of you. :p

Lol napper wtf lol funny ****

Garts said:
I agree with HK that we were pretty s**t but that was to be expected and I don't care as the game really means nothing. The 2012 NRL premiership is where it is at. We will be better for the run.

agree too, and despite my harsh words i'm still optimistic and up-beat about 2012. I just hope we look at that game and while acknowledging the pluses, we also learn from the ****e

Come on guys. lets all tone this down, and discuss the game, not each other. We have a wonderful team to support, and on a dry Brookvale oval, I shudder to think what we could be.

(I miss Saturday / Sunday day games :( )

Heck, I even miss the cold pies, and light beer :)

Cambo said:
HK_Eagle said:
some people on here really suffer from rose colored glasses. i love manly, but i have no time to entertain bull****... if their performance was s**t, then it was s**t... simple. doesn't mean anything about their 2012 performance necessarily, but reflects the reality of where they are at
I'm the same if I think a post is ****house i will say and your posts this morning have been well ****house

Napper said:
Cambo said:

Lol napper wtf lol funny s**t

hahah, cambo you are a leading genius... i bow to you, superior clown...

Do you remember that Seinfeld episode? Hahaha.
Cambo said:
HK_Eagle said:

Napper said:
Cambo said:

Berkeley_Eagle said:
A little Bit dissapointed but there is no need to get too upset about it

My sentiments exactly BE.

Scoreline was close, with some incorrect rulings by Klein - which swings momentum and ultimately affects the result.

We played in cold / rainy conditions, to what would of been a hostile crowd. Not too concerned by the los and prehaps if we try to see the glass as half full from a loss like this it highlights that the boys (although premiers) still have to work hard for the full 80 mins and hopefully it reinforces comittment and stamps out complacency for the NRL season ahead.

In 2009 when we won we followed with a horrid NRL season - so I personally do not want to relive that!

What goes up must come down as the saying goes - so only way now for us after that is up..all a valuable lesson this loss.

HK_Eagle said:
Cambo said:
HK_Eagle said:

Napper said:
Cambo said:

hahah, cambo you are a leading genius... i bow to you, superior clown...

Thanks for the recognition

My take on the game

Leeds were the better team and deserved the win. Looked to me that there were 2 different interpretations of the ruck between the NRL and superleague teams - leeds reminded me of how the NRL was in 07 3 seconds to get off the player after the call of held, set line almost every ruck. That is simply because they play in 2 different competitions. Ground itself in unique compared to anything in the nrl, sandy/nuddy patches, thin grass and a very different bounce.

Thought Klein lost control in the middle of the second - threatened the bin then didnt follow through 5 minutes later with another penatly for the same offence. In a normal club game im pretty sure that the swinging arm would have got 10 in the bin too.

We were underdone fitness wise and timing wise but showed glimpses of getting back to 11 form. Soon as we stopped leeds setting their line we raced up the field in no time, they looked shot in defence without it fully set and up and cutting down our time. Certainly would be a very differnt game from our boys in 10 weeks time when fit. Didnt look to me like we were overly desperate to win, think we were there to enjoy it, the reward for winning the GF since the Des saga took away a lot of the fun. This is a good thing in that we are likely to be more motivated and hungrier to win this year so we get to celebrate properly.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8