Lets be honest about players efforts

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
This is the only club I have or will ever support, but this excuse line is travelling down a dirty stem....
Yes Barrett could not motivate a cat to drink milk from its bowl, but the players are representing a club full of rich, proud history and the fact they have not aimed up hurts more.
Then we start looking at bad refs....the weather....all these other elements.....when all it really takes to improve is the players turning up with a bit more guts and resolve....if not for the club & fans - for themselves.
These Titans were not Clark Kent who went into a phone booth last night at H/T and came out superman...Manly made it appear that way....it was the same bunch of players Manly scored 4 against and should have been 7 in 40 minutes!!
It came down to the simple things - running harder, tackling harder, competing harder.....it was not the technical things - just the Attitude stuff.
The contact in defence allowed them to roll forward and put pressure on the refs as they struggled to play the ball....the Manly boys lay down like sloths so even if the Titan defender hangs on 10 seconds the lack of effort to get up does not inspire the ref to blow the whistle.
I do agree like most other teams we have copped a share of poor calls, but the teams who play with intensity and fight in the tackle will earn far better call all day.
Apart from getting blown up with quicks in the ruck, these outside defenders back peddling was a disgrace.....making the GC backs look like superstars.
I do take out the Turbo's, Thompson and AFB as examples - without these boys we lose that game by 70 points, not by 8.

sheridanstand78

First Grader
This is the only club I have or will ever support, but this excuse line is travelling down a dirty stem....
Yes Barrett could not motivate a cat to drink milk from its bowl, but the players are representing a club full of rich, proud history and the fact they have not aimed up hurts more.
Then we start looking at bad refs....the weather....all these other elements.....when all it really takes to improve is the players turning up with a bit more guts and resolve....if not for the club & fans - for themselves.
These Titans were not Clark Kent who went into a phone booth last night at H/T and came out superman...Manly made it appear that way....it was the same bunch of players Manly scored 4 against and should have been 7 in 40 minutes!!
It came down to the simple things - running harder, tackling harder, competing harder.....it was not the technical things - just the Attitude stuff.
The contact in defence allowed them to roll forward and put pressure on the refs as they struggled to play the ball....the Manly boys lay down like sloths so even if the Titan defender hangs on 10 seconds the lack of effort to get up does not inspire the ref to blow the whistle.
I do agree like most other teams we have copped a share of poor calls, but the teams who play with intensity and fight in the tackle will earn far better call all day.
Apart from getting blown up with quicks in the ruck, these outside defenders back peddling was a disgrace.....making the GC backs look like superstars.
I do take out the Turbo's, Thompson and AFB as examples - without these boys we lose that game by 70 points, not by 8.

A repeat feature of the last 3 season is the clubs inability to absorb sustained pressure and too often we concede clumps of points on the back of serious indiscipline, penalties and ultimately tries are conceded!!

There is an effort for periods of the game and we do not have enough 80-minute players who are consistent. What is of real concern is the number of times the team has surrendered so many leads in games in this time, it is so dispiriting to see the team drop their bundle time and time again.

I will repeat that our big problem is our halves do not manage the game when we are in front, last night right before halftime, we are attacking their line 22-6 up and all that is needed is to get a repeat set and we close the half out with a chance to get another try, what happens well it sums up our season. We see a guy trying to dive over from dummy half, low percentage play, DCE had been tackled on the previous play and we had no playmaker to get the repeat set, the team concedes an inevitable penalty and blow and behold the Titans score through feeble defence and they go to the sheds with their tails up and we should have been 20 points plus up!!

The 2nd half no-show was unforgivable considering what was at stake and confirmed that Barrett has lost the playing group!!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 118 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 6 42 17
14 7 7 37 16
15 8 7 -8 16