Lets keep NEWS (the bastards) honest.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

manlyfan76

There is no A.I. Just better computers
[/font]Dan can we have a forum where we keep tally of every NEWS LTD story about or involving Manly that turns out to be wrong or uses mis-information throught the season. Between all of us we usually catch all of their mis-truths. I got sick of their dribble more than usual last year and I'm sure it won't stop this year. As they all read this site it could be a mirror for them to look into and see their lack of media integrity and values. It could be extended to all media.

The same applies to the NRL!

http://www.nrl.com/why-the-storm-will-be-a-force-in-2012/tabid/10874/newsid/65690/default.aspx

The NRL claims that Manly doesn't have a better record than Melbourne over the past decade. Can you believe that? Even the Soviets and Yanks don't re-write history like that.

"This year marks coach Craig Bellamy’s 10th year at the helm of the Melbourne Storm – and salary cap dramas aside, no club has notched a better record over the past decade."

Manly:
Premiers 2008
World Club Champions 2009
Premiers 2011
Play-off for World Club Champions 2012 coming up

Melbourne:
Zip

Rex said:
"and salary cap dramas aside, no club has notched a better record over the past decade."
Salary cap aside and Manly would have been Premiers in 07 and minor premiers in 07/08.

Rex said:

http://www.nrl.com/why-the-storm-will-be-a-force-in-2012/tabid/10874/newsid/65690/default.aspx

The NRL claims that Manly doesn't have a better record than Melbourne over the past decade. Can you believe that? Even the Soviets and Yanks don't re-write history like that.

"This year marks coach Craig Bellamy’s 10th year at the helm of the Melbourne Storm – and salary cap dramas aside, no club has notched a better record over the past decade."

Manly:
Premiers 2008
Premiers 2011

Melbourne:
Zip
Ben Johnson was dominant in the 88 Olympics. But that is not how he is remembered. Melbourne should be remembered the same

Rex said:

Manly:
Premiers 2008
Premiers 2011

Melbourne:
Zip

Weird that they state the cause of their record but then dismiss it as an irrelevent point.

There is already a permanent record of speculative and unfounded rumour masquerading as journalism. It's a weekly column called "The Last Word" by Danny Wierdler

Jatz Crackers said:
Moondog said:
Rex said:
Pablo said:
Absurd. Making out like the salary cap rort was a minor contribution to Melbourne's success.
What success?
And who's Cess?

Melbourne is a dark damp dank place. The name of the bloke your looking for is Cess Pool.
Reds me of the bloke who walked past a sign that said "Climb the ladder to success!" So he climbed the ladder and when he got to the top there was another bloke standing there on a balcony. So the first one asked the second one who he was and the latter replied, "I'm Cess."

Rex said:

The NRL claims that Manly doesn't have a better record than Melbourne over the past decade. Can you believe that? Even the Soviets and Yanks don't re-write history like he past decade."

Manly:
Premiers 2008
Premiers 2011

Melbourne:
Zip
Before we try to keep the bastards honest, [now, really. are they?], we should all try to GET them honest first, if this is at all possible. However our history is sacred. A strong, formal complaint should be made to the NRL by the Manly Sea Eagles management requesting a correction and an explanation how significant and irrefutable facts such as premiership winners as reported by the NRL could be in gross error and how and why did this occur?

OK I replied to them. How's this?

"I'm pretty disappointed in the article on your website relating to why the Storm could be a success in 2012. It states that "This year marks coach Craig Bellamy’s 10th year at the helm of the Melbourne Storm – and salary cap dramas aside, no club has notched a better record over the past decade". I dare say that the years the Storm cheated the salary cap should not be so flippantly ignored. I am quite disgusted that you have given them credit for cheating, and am bewildered that the Storm players who signed deceitful contracts in that time have not been made to show cause. Moreover, I am horrified that the person who seems to have the fast passage to the Australian captaincy has not been made to explain his actions surrounding contract signing during this grubby period in NRL history."

I dont read The Telegraph anymore. Stick with SMH, they have run with a number of relevant and positive articles about Manly of late.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8