• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

is it a mistake to keep Lewis?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
I realise we are thin in the outside backs, but I will never understand a bloke who uses his fingers to tackle, defending in the centres - the 1 position where there are more 1 on 1 tackles to make than anywhere...I get a solid back rower like Beau Scott filling in there as defensively, he has great technique....but Brown!!
Personally rather Buhrer defend there- far more reliable & rarely misses

The Who

Journey Man
Just looked at the NRL stats, which must have been compiled by a relative of Brown. It purports to show that he made 29 tackles and missed only one!
This was twice as many as any of our other backs. And more than three times as many as his centre partner (who also is a struggling first grader).
There must be an investigation!

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
Change the stats man ....I seen 3 finger clutch missed tackles in the space of 5 minutes.... every time the ball is shifted his direction I cringe, his defensive technique for an international player does not add up....maybe just not many options for Trent to choose from with no Matai/ Walker & Lyon at 5/8?

ricardo

Bencher
He's a 14, not a 3.
I'd rather see Leary dropped from the 14 jersey in favour of Brown, and play a centre at centre.

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I can only assume that we are still experiencing some sort of second tier salary cap issues. Why else would you leave genuine outside backs languishing in NSW Cup in preference to playing this guy in the centres. Maybe now that Mateo and Burgess have gone, we might have freed up some salary cap space. One can only hope that we will see an actual centre at centre next week.

double hoops

First Grader
Just looked at the NRL stats, which must have been compiled by a relative of Brown. It purports to show that he made 29 tackles and missed only one!
This was twice as many as any of our other backs. And more than three times as many as his centre partner (who also is a struggling first grader).
There must be an investigation!
An arm grab can not be counted by the nrl stats man as an attempted tackle if that's the case. Fine . Lewis Brown your home work. An arm grab is not a tackle 100 times. And three laps of the oval.

HoldenV8

Journey Man
I realise we are thin in the outside backs, but I will never understand a bloke who uses his fingers to tackle, defending in the centres - the 1 position where there are more 1 on 1 tackles to make than anywhere...I get a solid back rower like Beau Scott filling in there as defensively, he has great technique....but Brown!!
Personally rather Buhrer defend there- far more reliable & rarely misses

Brown got his butt (and ours) saved a few times tonight. Joe Burgess' dropped balls for one, and the other was Killer and Ferris covering for him in defence. Sure he 'made' 29 tackles and only missed 4, but if not for Killer and Ferris he would have made about 5 and missed 28.

Freagle

Bencher
Reminds me a bit of Adam Muir...real warrior for many years, but by the time he came to us ( Northern Eagles, anyway) he was a spent force and couldn't quite catch the ball any more...similar to Brown. Timing drops off by 5%, and suddenly he is missing tackles and dropping the ball.

pjayz

הנשרים ישרור בעוד שנתיים מיום הנשרים
He's a 14, not a 3.
I'd rather see Leary dropped from the 14 jersey in favour of Brown, and play a centre at centre.
Which centre though? I agree with everyone's views on Brown, but what is Barrett meant to do? There is nobody else to pick as they are all injured and we have exceeded our second tier cap. We needed special dispensation to bring up Parker when Williame was out. Now that he is back I don't think we can play Parker anymore, or any other new player for that matter unless another injury or suspension occurs.

conanu

Bencher
Blame that dropkick Walker for Brown being on the field :banghead:

Api really fades in the last 20 minutes. His passes become slow and misdirected.:tmi:
When the Doorman returns, Brown will take Leary's bench spot and hopefully share the hooking spot @:cool:
I hope it is Green that gets the boot. Surely Leary for all of his faults is streaks ahead of Nathan Green. I think that Leary is playing like a bloke that is nervous because he knows the coach doesn't rate him. What is Greens excuse because he stinks worse than old cats pi ss and Barrett clearly loves him.

double hoops

First Grader
May be Brown is injured. No brown is definitely "injured" dam we will have to send him off for early surgery or rehab just like snake and hope he recovers for next year.

By the sound of the fellow who keeps showing he is too good for reserves is Hopoate. If we are going to blood a kid, next week it's not a bad game to do it. Buhrer plays centre. I doubt Hopoate will arm grab. Sly elbows may be a completely different story.

Eagles2nv

DESpicable Manly
Yeah brown is struggling in that position. Its annoying cause walker is injured due to his own stupidity.

Hopefully he can make a comeback against the squeels and fix that position.

HoldenV8

Journey Man
Which centre though? I agree with everyone's views on Brown, but what is Barrett meant to do? There is nobody else to pick as they are all injured and we have exceeded our second tier cap. We needed special dispensation to bring up Parker when Williame was out. Now that he is back I don't think we can play Parker anymore, or any other new player for that matter unless another injury or suspension occurs.

Exactly the same problem Tooves had last year with Tommy. We all knew he should have been playing in the NRL every week but Tooves' hands were tied.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 8 3 75 20
12 9 3 70 20
12 8 4 100 18
12 7 5 64 16
12 7 5 57 16
12 7 5 -37 16
12 6 5 36 15
12 7 5 135 14