• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Possibly, it wouldn't be the finished product. Ben Kennedy arrived and we only saw the fruits of his labour after he left...but he left a high standard behind so the job was complete.

The purpose of bringing someone like Martin in, is so the players there learn what's required to win.

Choc Watmough credited Ben Kennedy for his development because he was shown the ropes as to what sort of training and mentality was needed to win. Only a few years back BK won a ring with Newcastle. Before Kennedy arrived, Watmough was sort of a run of the mill average forward.

Bringing in a player of the calibre of Martin fastracks the development of an existing roster instead of rinsing players out and bringing has beens from other club expecting a different result.
You have zero go forward.

Paseka had an average game last week, but has generally been very good this year, would be ridiculous to let him go, if anything we need someone back like AFB to add a lot more punch up the middle and with a little footwork and offload

You have zero go forward.

Paseka had an average game last week, but has generally been very good this year, would be ridiculous to let him go, if anything we need someone back like AFB to add a lot more punch up the middle and with a little footwork and offload
Yeah true. I've mentioned several times in other threads that Wiremu Grieg is off contract with the Eels this year. He would be a great signing and might be cheaper than a lot of other options. But with all the signings we have made in the last 24 hours , might mean he's off the table.
I was more hoping Bully might be that guy who could make those metres, but it might be too big an ask.

Yeah true. I've mentioned several times in other threads that Wiremu Grieg is off contract with the Eels this year. He would be a great signing and might be cheaper than a lot of other options. But with all the signings we have made in the last 24 hours , might mean he's off the table.
I was more hoping Bully might be that guy who could make those metres, but it might be too big an ask.
Pretty sure he has extended with the eels already mate. Zerotackle isn't a reliable source

Re: Schuster

I've been mucking around in a lot of threads tonight, but one thing I WILL say, is don't believe all you read / hear in the media around contract values and prices.

Everyone was certain and adamant Choc was on 900k with us which was complete bull****. Not even close. I promised Wayne Honeywood I wouldn't give the actual figure away and I won't, but it couldn't have been further from the truth, please trust me.

Also, don't forget a lot of contracts include incentive requirements i.e. making finals, number if games played, if you play rep footy, winning Grand Finals and all that.

I can assure people just because some nuffy on NRL on Fox claimed he was on 800k plus, and everyone latched onto that , it's almost certainly not real.

Secondly, he's just been offered (and accepted) an extention with the club knowing he's moving back into the backrow (as behind closed doors , Brooks would have been in our radar for some time). The new contract would have considered positional play.

As NWA said - don't believe the hype

I've been mucking around in a lot of threads tonight, but one thing I WILL say, is don't believe all you read / hear in the media around contract values and prices.

Everyone was certain and adamant Choc was on 900k with us which was complete bull****. Not even close. I promised Wayne Honeywood I wouldn't give the actual figure away and I won't, but it couldn't have been further from the truth, please trust me.

Also, don't forget a lot of contracts include incentive requirements i.e. making finals, number if games played, if you play rep footy, winning Grand Finals and all that.

I can assure people just because some nuffy on NRL on Fox claimed he was on 800k plus, and everyone latched onto that , it's almost certainly not real.

Secondly, he's just been offered (and accepted) an extention with the club knowing he's moving back into the backrow (as behind closed doors , Brooks would have been in our radar for some time). The new contract would have considered positional play.

Love the post overall, but c’mon short-a$$ cracker…. Seriously? That’s Public Enemy.

Agree completely.

Didn't Martin re-sign with Penrith not that long ago? He'd suit our pack if available but I can't see him leaving the Riff

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8