Likely team for Rd 1

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Assuming no injuries ( big assumption lol) next week and Walks out I’d imagine Des will run with

Elliott
Suli
Parker
Garrick
Tafua
Elgey
DCE

AFB
Fainu
Marty
Sirro
Thommo
Jake

Sipley
Perrett
Winterstein
Hodko

I’d probably give Funa a crack over Parker ( I’ve heard Hoppa not right )and not play big Frank but that’s likely side.And Walks would be a very handy addition if cleared.

Thoughts on ins or outs?
My team for what it is worth

Elliott

Tafua

Garrick

Funa

Suli

Hodko

DCE

Jake

Thommo

Sironen

AFB

Fainu

Marty

Elgey

Sipley

Waddell

Jet Ski

Did we ever get an update on Tangles' knee ?? last i heard it was down as "operation"

What was final diagnosis ?? anyone ?

Just add at least a month to the due back date C and C. Works pretty well most years.

My mail is it’s probably worse than suggested.

Just add at least a month to the due back date C and C. Works pretty well most years.

My mail is it’s probably worse than suggested.
Yes that is what I am hearing also.
Don’t know the full extent but slightly longer than accpected

Really looking forward to the announcement of our Round 1 side to see who Des goes with.
Des is really inclined to back his judgment, so he will make an early choice then give those players every opportunity to show their mettle. I don't expect there to be too much in the way of experimental chopping and changing as the season goes on, apart from when injury and suspension force a change. I don't know how that worked out at the Dogs but previously at Manly he proved a very astute judge of a footy player.

Really looking forward to the announcement of our Round 1 side to see who Des goes with.se
Des is really inclined to back his judgment, so he will make an early choice then give those players every opportunity to show their mettle. I don't expect there to be too much in the way of experimental chopping and changing as the season goes on, apart from when injury and suspension force a change. I don't know how that worked out at the Dogs but previously at Manly he proved a very astute judge of a footy player.
Really hope funa is our starting squad for round 1.
Yes he is inexperienced and yes he will make mistakes but he looks to me a ready made first grade player, with speed to burn.
Think he ,Cade Cust and jade Anderson will make there debuts this season sometime and will all be part of Des’s plans.

• 👍
Reactions: R3
Yes that’s the change I’d make.

Think we’ve bought Kane for a reason and he’ll be given first shot to prove it correct.
I don't know whose idea it was to sign Elgey. Maybe before Des came on board?
Also might depend on whether he is going to throw in a rookie centre (well all our current options are rookies, but some would be on debut) and if so maybe Hodko for a bit of experience and stability? I will watch the selection with interest.

I just had a look at the projected teams for all clubs in round 1....
On paper we look under strength. Most other clubs seem to have improved. Not us.
I guess that happens when you take out Turbo, Walker, Tent and Tango from your top 17 and lose First Graders such as Penny and Kelly.
The only way I see us being competitive is to use a power forward approach, utilising our two heavyweight wingers Suli and Tafua to do some grunt work. Keep the ball tight and hope for some DCE magic occasionally. This style is so anti-Manly but we might be able to win low-scoring matches this way.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11