Lloyd Perrett & the Commotions

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...e/news-story/3f3062e32b1e53be516251ff312a5149

Hate them if you like, the Sea Eagles don’t care
Jon Geddes, Manly Daily
July 13, 2017 5:48pm

SEA Eagles front-rower Lloyd Perrett has a message for the club’s critics as they continue to defy early predictions in their charge for a spot in the top eight — we don’t mind if you hate us.

The 22-year-old forward who has been making a big impact coming off the bench, has embraced club’s famous siege mentality which is still alive and well at Narrabeen.

“When I was at other clubs it was something I noticed that everyone just hates Manly and I never knew why,” Perrett said ahead of Sunday’s game against the Wests Tigers at Lottoland.

“But once I’m here. it’s just like nobody cares what you think.

47b181060c95749ffb1ec779cb425116

Lloyd Perrett on the charge for Manly. Picture: AAP.

“They get on with their job anyway, that is just the culture around here.

“I feel like we are a little bit like that on the field, we don’t mind if people hate us, we don’t mind if people doubt us.

“We just go out there and try and win anyway and when we do we are happy about it.”

I've read where he said DESpicable ordered him to run, tackle but not to pass/offload.
When a coach pigeon-holes/hamstrings players, like Lloyd, it's no wonder they blossom when they move to another club which lets them use their brain/initiative.
Let's hope DESpicable keeps ruining players at the Dogs.

I've read where he said DESpicable ordered him to run, tackle but not to pass/offload.
When a coach pigeon-holes/hamstrings players, like Lloyd, it's no wonder they blossom when they move to another club which lets them use their brain/initiative.
Let's hope DESpicable keeps ruining players at the Dogs.
I like to be serious about this, and unfortunately Des is off the pace these days. He pioneered some really great things at Manly, but it's a case of same old, same old. He has a propensity to stifle footballers and produce very robotic play. I really don't think that is conducive to a modern strategy, and unfortunately his legacy is suffering. Back to Lloyd, he will only improve and the sky is the limit IMO

Really good pick up. He was always highly rated as a junior. But when he was made available I wondered what was missing. There was a bit of talk on here that he didn't like the tough stuff but I haven't seen him put too many feet wrong. ( note to self don't manipulate that saying like that again everyone, well the luckiest majority of us, have two feet. Not many have more.) but not everyone has to be bull at agate aggro all the time. Works for some. Costs the others unnecessary penalties.

Thing is , he's still young, and has loads and loads of development to go.

Jake is unique , most forwards don't mature until they are mid to late 20's, I think Lloyd will be one of those.

Jake and addin and Lloyd are all really young.
Good times.

Throw in Klemmer who is also young and we are looking at another decade of dominance?!?

Thing is , he's still young, and has loads and loads of development to go.

Jake is unique , most forwards don't mature until they are mid to late 20's, I think Lloyd will be one of those.

Agree. I think Perrett is a junior "footballer" who is learning to be a first grade forward. He seems to be developing confidence and authority on the field. Hoping he can develop into a BKII type player.

Really good pick up. He was always highly rated as a junior. But when he was made available I wondered what was missing. There was a bit of talk on here that he didn't like the tough stuff but I haven't seen him put too many feet wrong. ( note to self don't manipulate that saying like that again everyone, well the luckiest majority of us, have two feet. Not many have more.) but not everyone has to be bull at agate aggro all the time. Works for some. Costs the others unnecessary penalties.

Especially in Hotels in Amsterdam.
That's just asking for trouble.

“When I was at other clubs it was something I noticed that everyone just hates Manly and I never knew why,” (Perrett)

- Exactly. Roy (more servant than) Masters did the whole silvertails v fibros and as the other teams fans have 2 IQ points between them it became part of their inbred genealogy.

It's especially 'rich' when teams like the eels and bulldogs have millions of dollars propping their crappy clubs up from the gambling and intellectually challenged punters that they turn around and say they don't like us 'cause we're rich snobs.

Jealous of our success and......

No one likes us, we don't care!

“It’s not as rigid a structure, so that’s good for me,” he said.
“I was just a role player at the Bulldogs, I just ran the ball, tackled, that was it.
“Now that I am at Manly I am allowed to offload the ball a bit, I am allowed to run around, I am allowed to use my footwork.
He said Barrett just tells him and fellow interchange front-rower Addin Fonua-Blake to play their game.
“He trusts us and I think that does a lot for myself and Addin, he just lets us jump on the field and do what we are good at,” he said.

Barrett 1
Des 0

I like to be serious about this, and unfortunately Des is off the pace these days. He pioneered some really great things at Manly, but it's a case of same old, same old. He has a propensity to stifle footballers and produce very robotic play. I really don't think that is conducive to a modern strategy, and unfortunately his legacy is suffering. Back to Lloyd, he will only improve and the sky is the limit IMO
I think Des is still a good coach but he needs good players with X Factor when they had Barba they made the gf now he has the worst attacking players and has set a game plan to suit there abilities. look what he did with us our team was the most entertaining team for years. The way we played was brilliant and smart. remember the kite off the kick off cut out ball to our winger? ox putting it up for snake and snake out jumping the fb. The dogs don't have half of this lol there players are crap what can he do. look at Wayne and knights. then he goes to broncos and gets them to a gf. why ? its all the players you have and a good coach makes them better.

From the thread title I assumed our Lloyd must have had a Motown band on the side , not a bad name for one you'd have to say!

" Lloyd and the Commotions".

Last edited:
I think Des is still a good coach but he needs good players with X Factor when they had Barba they made the gf now he has the worst attacking players and has set a game plan to suit there abilities
No, Des signed with the Dogs back in late 2011 - it is he and he alone that has chosen the players he wanted in the current Dogs squad.
True, no-one can buy whoever they want, but he has been working on his Dog strategy for years.
He's got them close before, but this year they just seem to be over it. Time to move to Newcastle, Des.

No, Des signed with the Dogs back in late 2011 - it is he and he alone that has chosen the players he wanted in the current Dogs squad.
True, no-one can buy whoever they want, but he has been working on his Dog strategy for years.
He's got them close before, but this year they just seem to be over it. Time to move to Newcastle, Des.
What did Newcastle do to deserve Des?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8