Lodge, you Monster

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
If we "offer him a lifeline" by giving him a permanent contract, then it shows Siebold and Mestrov aren't serious about a premiership, because we are already starting X% behind everyone else in the salary cap as he rehabilitates.

IF on the otherhand, we promise him a second train and trial, "when he is available" then okay, my point doesn't stand.

But if we hear he's been given a 12 month, or 2 year deal or something - we should all just write off the season, because it's jobs for the boys, and the mercenary effect is in full swing, and I'll 100% be in the sack Siebold core.

EDIT: For the record, same place I heard the Weekes news, was the same place I heard he's already inked a new deal with us.

Broncos with Lodge - Wooden Spoon
Broncos without Lodge - Top 4

Warriors with Lodge - Bottom 4
Warriors without Lodge - Top 4

Roosters with Lodge - Bottom 4
Roosters without Lodge - Yet to be seen

Get rid of him now and maybe that’s our ticket to a rise up the ladder
You seriously believe that Lodge was the sole reason for these results? Seriously?

If we "offer him a lifeline" by giving him a permanent contract, then it shows Siebold and Mestrov aren't serious about a premiership, because we are already starting X% behind everyone else in the salary cap as he rehabilitates.

IF on the otherhand, we promise him a second train and trial, "when he is available" then okay, my point doesn't stand.

But if we hear he's been given a 12 month, or 2 year deal or something - we should all just write off the season, because it's jobs for the boys, and the mercenary effect is in full swing, and I'll 100% be in the sack Siebold core.

EDIT: For the record, same place I heard the Weekes news, was the same place I heard he's already inked a new deal with us.
For what it's worth I would prefer Lodge based on output so far.

Why on earth would we sign a him again when its over 12 months to we see anything from him. My god we must have someone else to spend our money on
The cap is only as affective as they way it is spent
Mismanage it and your club is a spent force

Last edited:
Why would you want us to spend money on a guy that won’t suit up until midway through next season? Not to mention he will take a few games to get going again once he is back, and he is already slowish? Christ almighty!
Personally I would offer a minimum contract for next year, despite the fact that he will miss out on half the season, let's not forget that he got injured playing for us and I feel we have a moral duty to continue having him in our side, we shouldn't be seen to be heartless, we were paying Fainu for years.

Why on earth would we sign a him again when its over 12 months to we see anything from him. My god we must have someone else to spend our money on
Jobs for the boys. Forget success. They'll openly cripple us cap wise to pay a busted player to sit on the sidelines and rehabilitate.

Just shows we aren't serious in competing.

Between that and having current staff who's focus is elsewhere, it shows Siebold hasn't learnt from his time at the Broncos.

If the club thinks showing the group they'll back them, that's great. That group of players is a bottom tier bottom dwelling failure. Maybe change the damned culture.

Personally I would offer a minimum contract for next year, despite the fact that he will miss out on half the season, let's not forget that he got injured playing for us and I feel we have a moral duty to continue having him in our side, we shouldn't be seen to be heartless, we were paying Fainu for years.
I can't agree that we have a moral duty to continue to have him "in our side", simply because he was not "in our side". He was on a train and trial, he didn't have a top 30 contract and wasn't in our squad. Obviously the understanding was, if he did well he would get a deal for next year at least.

You are right that he was hurt playing for Manly and that means the club has a legal duty with his injury rehab.

But he's been here 2 weeks, 'trialling', and we have no moral obligation to sign him to play for us next year when he now can't even play next year until late in the year, at best. Not to mention he may never make it back to the same standard he was before.

Pretty sure in NRL there are no moral obligations of the sort you mention. So if Manly signs him now I can only assume that the deal had already been done, but the club wanted to delay announcing it. And if so, I hope was a cheap deal (which it probably wasn't) because otherwise our squad is screwed for next year, down to 29 before we even start, and no cash left to buy someone else.

I can't agree that we have a moral duty to continue to have him "in our side", simply because he was not "in our side". He was on a train and trial, he didn't have a top 30 contract and wasn't in our squad. Obviously the understanding was, if he did well he would get a deal for next year at least.

You are right that he was hurt playing for Manly and that means the club has a legal duty with his injury rehab.

But he's been here 2 weeks, 'trialling', and we have no moral obligation to sign him to play for us next year when he now can't even play next year until late in the year, at best. Not to mention he may never make it back to the same standard he was before.

Pretty sure in NRL there are no moral obligations of the sort you mention. So if Manly signs him now I can only assume that the deal had already been done, but the club wanted to delay announcing it. And if so, I hope was a cheap deal (which it probably wasn't) because otherwise our squad is screwed for next year, down to 29 before we even start, and no cash left to buy someone else.

I've heard it's already done mate, and everyone's been told.

You seriously believe that Lodge was the sole reason for these results? Seriously?
Nowhere does it say he is the sole reason, but proof in the pudding that new people have entered the joints, looked for ways to improve the culture of the place and have immediately parted ways with him

I've heard it's already done mate, and everyone's been told.
I thought a deal had been done before he got hurt. Until the daughter informed me he was still "officially " on train and trial. I thought wow, we dodged a bullet there. (and I know that may seem callous, after all he was playing good footy at the time, albeit three games).
You have been pretty good with your intel over the years @Ryan, and I agree, the deal has already been done unfortunately for us.

Hey mate, the big variable is when was the contract signed as well. As when know when agreement is reached and when something is announced in the media can be huge time frames apart.

I know it’s a little brutal but I think other clubs with better packs could afford to pick him up, but we don’t have enough quality to carry him on our roster when he can’t play. I want a shot at finals next year and the current pack are not up to it. The season could be over by the time Lodge returns. Let’s use the money and recruit a player that is fit and ready to go.

question
Could we not offer him another train and trial for next season with incentives for the following. Help him with rehab

if he doesnt play again until may/ june and is not contracted it seems viable

building a team and unity takes lots of sacrifices and 1500 per week in the scheme of things seems a cheap price. He and seibs seem to have a good relatioship

question
Could we not offer him another train and trial for next season with incentives for the following. Help him with rehab

if he doesnt play again until may/ june and is not contracted it seems viable

building a team and unity takes lots of sacrifices and 1500 per week in the scheme of things seems a cheap price. He and seibs seem to have a good relatioship

Makes sense mate, but no.

We are going to give him a healthy contract to rehabilitate for most of the season, meaning we are already 6-7% behind the rest of the NRL next season salary cap wise waiting for him to return..

Shambolic..

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
9 7 2 72 16
8 7 1 56 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10