• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Hey Dan,
Thanks for trying to troubleshoot this.
Followed all your steps on both Chrome and Firefox, also tried Safari (which is my main browser) but it's still no go on all of them. The only way for me to log in, check alerts, mark forums read, etc, is to disable Javascript on the site.
Never had the issue here before and I'm not currently having any issues with other sites. Maybe OS X doesn't like the new version of javascript?

The app is working now thank you very much.
The navigation settings for the site and the app should be identical so there should be no reason You cant navigate to the specific forum. Just go to

Menu >> Forums
then on the page that loads scroll down and you will see the Rugby League forum.

If that device doesn't work, let me know and also the device and OS version you are using that has that issue. Although its fine to use the App and now I prefer i

Still having issues with all my broswers.
Did you inadvertently set up two-step authentication?

There are no errors coming through on this side.

If you could try in chrome to do the following.

Go to view >> developer tools >> console

Then try to login, once you wait for a while, then save the output and send it to me via PM or email so I can troubleshoot it for you.

Hey Dan,
Nope, no two-step authentication.
I've upped the Chrome console error logs to pastebin.
Here's the log when I simply load the home page:

http://pastebin.com/1BiX56dV

And here's when I attempt to log in:

http://pastebin.com/8TpKJ02T

Basically, this happens:

xenforo.js?_v=c4d387d4:236 OverlayLoader for login/
xenforo.js?_v=c4d387d4:99 Uncaught TypeError: jQuery.easing[jQuery.easing.def] is not a function
at Object.swing (xenforo.js?_v=c4d387d4:99)
at init.run (jquery.min.js:4)
at i (jquery.min.js:4)
at Function.n.fx.timer (jquery.min.js:4)
at lc (jquery.min.js:4)
at HTMLDivElement.g (jquery.min.js:4)
at Function.dequeue (jquery.min.js:3)
at HTMLDivElement.<anonymous> (jquery.min.js:3)
at Function.each (jquery.min.js:2)
at e.fn.init.each (jquery.min.js:2)
swing @ xenforo.js?_v=c4d387d4:99
run @ jquery.min.js:4
i @ jquery.min.js:4
n.fx.timer @ jquery.min.js:4
lc @ jquery.min.js:4
g @ jquery.min.js:4
dequeue @ jquery.min.js:3
(anonymous) @ jquery.min.js:3
each @ jquery.min.js:2
queue @ jquery.min.js:3
animate @ jquery.min.js:4
n.fn.(anonymous function) @ jquery.min.js:4
(anonymous) @ xenforo.js?_v=c4d387d4:5
load @ xenforo.js?_v=c4d387d4:2
b @ xenforo.js?_v=c4d387d4:220
ajaxStart @ xenforo.js?_v=c4d387d4:220
dispatch @ jquery.min.js:3
r.handle @ jquery.min.js:3
trigger @ jquery.min.js:3
e.event.trigger @ xenforo.js?_v=c4d387d4:1
ajax @ jquery.min.js:4
ajax @ xenforo.js?_v=c4d387d4:176
load @ xenforo.js?_v=c4d387d4:237
show @ xenforo.js?_v=c4d387d4:233
(anonymous) @ xenforo.js?_v=c4d387d4:143

T
Hey Dan,
Nope, no two-step authentication.
I've upped the Chrome console error logs to pastebin.
Here's the log when I simply load the home page:

http://pastebin.com/1BiX56dV

And here's when I attempt to log in:

http://pastebin.com/8TpKJ02T

Basically, this happens:

xenforo.js?_v=c4d387d4:236 OverlayLoader for login/
xenforo.js?_v=c4d387d4:99 Uncaught TypeError: jQuery.easing[jQuery.easing.def] is not a function
at Object.swing (xenforo.js?_v=c4d387d4:99)
at init.run (jquery.min.js:4)
at i (jquery.min.js:4)
at Function.n.fx.timer (jquery.min.js:4)
at lc (jquery.min.js:4)
at HTMLDivElement.g (jquery.min.js:4)
at Function.dequeue (jquery.min.js:3)
at HTMLDivElement.<anonymous> (jquery.min.js:3)
at Function.each (jquery.min.js:2)
at e.fn.init.each (jquery.min.js:2)
swing @ xenforo.js?_v=c4d387d4:99
run @ jquery.min.js:4
i @ jquery.min.js:4
n.fx.timer @ jquery.min.js:4
lc @ jquery.min.js:4
g @ jquery.min.js:4
dequeue @ jquery.min.js:3
(anonymous) @ jquery.min.js:3
queue @ jquery.min.js:3
animate @ jquery.min.js:4
n.fn.(anonymous function) @ jquery.min.js:4
(anonymous) @ xenforo.js?_v=c4d387d4:5
load @ xenforo.js?_v=c4d387d4:2
b @ xenforo.js?_v=c4d387d4:220
ajaxStart @ xenforo.js?_v=c4d387d4:220
trigger @ jquery.min.js:3
e.event.trigger @ xenforo.js?_v=c4d387d4:1
ajax @ jquery.min.js:4
ajax @ xenforo.js?_v=c4d387d4:176
load @ xenforo.js?_v=c4d387d4:237
show @ xenforo.js?_v=c4d387d4:233
(anonymous) @ xenforo.js?_v=c4d387d4:143

The issue is because you have something in your browser that is trying to load something that doesn't exist and is not part of our code base. Most likely you have a browser plugin or even perhaps a virus of some sort that has attached itself to your browsers. I would say most likely its a plugin though.

The issue is
https://silvertails.net/utilcave_com/templates/js/ezjquery-noconflict.js

utilcave is not part of our code base nor are there any calls to in within our code. So can only be attached to your browser.

Just to make sure I checked all of our template calls that output the header and JS and that is not something we use. Which is why you get a 404 error and subsequently why you are getting further JQuery issues as well.

I would disable all of your browser plugins and see if that clears it. However its definitely not the fault of the site, and is something loading on your computer side trying to take over javascript of pages.

If you investigate by looking at the console on other sites and see if it comes up.

Dan

I wondered it if could be a plugin so I disabled them all and still get the same issues. I also get the same problem using an iPad and an iPod, which wouldn't be using the same plugins. Something screwy with my setup. I'll have to try to track it down.

Do you connect through a VPN or some kind of custom CDN?

Nope, no VPN. And it all started to happen on an iPad when I was in the US, connecting to different wireless networks. Really odd that all the browsers I try have their own plugins, too.
A quick Google search for utilcave_com/templates/js/ezjquery-noconflict.js shows lots of hits but no real explanation.

Home from work and did a little more investigating.
Deleted cookies and caches again, disabled all extensions. Same errors on Safari, Firefox and Chrome. Looking at the error logs, Chrome is the only browser that makes any reference to utilcave_com, whatever that is.
Here are the logs from Safari when I first navigate to the site:

http://pastebin.com/yss5QvjS

And from when I attempt to log in (again with Safari). This is the debug log for the Overlayloader for login error:

http://pastebin.com/KkNKbLik

And here's what Firefox throws up:

http://pastebin.com/TAfRkxMb

Could it be something an adserver is throwing up?

Home from work and did a little more investigating.
Deleted cookies and caches again, disabled all extensions. Same errors on Safari, Firefox and Chrome. Looking at the error logs, Chrome is the only browser that makes any reference to utilcave_com, whatever that is.
Here are the logs from Safari when I first navigate to the site:

http://pastebin.com/yss5QvjS

And from when I attempt to log in (again with Safari). This is the debug log for the Overlayloader for login error:

http://pastebin.com/KkNKbLik

And here's what Firefox throws up:

http://pastebin.com/TAfRkxMb

Could it be something an adserver is throwing up?
The adserver errors are fine, they wont block javascript from running, they are just CORS issues the site javascript itself will continue to run as they are non-blocking errors.

Looking at Firefox it is also trying to load the utilcave code as can be seen here

"ReferenceError: $ezJQuery is not defined"

$ezJQuery is coming from there, we use the real Jquery library and we load it from the Google Servers/CDN

Safari does not run that code but I am not entirely sure it just isnt presenting in there.

Try logging in without the overlay by going to https://silvertails.net/login

however with that said, I would be very concerned about the fact something is hijacking you browser javascript. might be worth doing a system search for "utilcave" or "ezjquery" and see if you can fund it

^ Thanks, Dan.
Yeah, I'm concerned. Searched the system for both, no hits. Wish I knew more. Google searches aren't much help either.
Again, it's only happening to me on silvertails, so I guess for now I just disable javascript and try to figure it out.

^ Thanks, Dan.
Yeah, I'm concerned. Searched the system for both, no hits. Wish I knew more. Google searches aren't much help either.
Again, it's only happening to me on silvertails, so I guess for now I just disable javascript and try to figure it out.
I will do some more research see what I can find. However in the past we have seen similar things where it has attached to specific peoples browsers but manifests only with some sites

Hi Dan, not sure if you found the resolution for this, but I am having the same issues. running Mac OS X sierra and all the browsers Safari/Chrome none of the (hover drop down sneakpeek thingys) work anymore and unless i enter through the www.silvertails.net/login page i cant login. started a while back and is happening on my OS iphone too. I am just reporting it in case you need info. No need to spend time on it for me, I will just pretend it is not happenening. cheers mate.

Hi Dan, not sure if you found the resolution for this, but I am having the same issues. running Mac OS X sierra and all the browsers Safari/Chrome none of the (hover drop down sneakpeek thingys) work anymore and unless i enter through the www.silvertails.net/login page i cant login. started a while back and is happening on my OS iphone too. I am just reporting it in case you need info. No need to spend time on it for me, I will just pretend it is not happenening. cheers mate.

Same system as me, conanu. It's really good to know it's not specific to my machine.
And yeah, my iOS devices (iPad, iPod) are having the same issues.
If you enable the Develop menu in Safari in OS X (in Preferences/Advanced) you'll be able to disable and reenable Javascript on the fly. With Javascript disabled, I'm able to log in, mark forums read, etc.

Same system as me, conanu. It's really good to know it's not specific to my machine.
And yeah, my iOS devices (iPad, iPod) are having the same issues.
If you enable the Develop menu in Safari in OS X (in Preferences/Advanced) you'll be able to disable and reenable Javascript on the fly. With Javascript disabled, I'm able to log in, mark forums read, etc.

Thanks Ron E. much appreciated mate.

Guys this is 100% something on your computer or network side. After hours of investigation, it looks like its a dodgy CDN based out of India. It attaches itself to your browsers even on iOS devices and tries to inject adverts into your browser.

There is nothing I can really do for you except say if you can reset those devices or try on a different computer outside of your own network and you will see that the utilcave stuff does not get loaded from the site.

I am curious as to whether perhaps there is something where it even attaches at the router level perhaps?

We do use a CDN to deliver some content however that is all through cloudflare and named as such. Not one place on our site do we use utilcave in our code or on the server. I run a very secure server and there have been no breaches or file changes on our server that aren't made by me.

I cant tell you how to rid yourself of the issue, only that there is something on your devices or network causing it.

Dan

Thanks, Dan. I'll see what I can do.
I run a Tomato-based router, which should be very secure. And for me, the issue started occurring on my iOS device when I was away from my home network. I was gone for a month and only noticed the problem occurring on my Mac when I returned. But I'll check and reset everything I can.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4