LoL Fitler

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

fLIP

UFO Hunter
The Sydney Roosters secured top billing on the NRL ladder after a comprehensive win over the Parramatta Eels in their final game of the season.

Of course their cause was helped by the Panthers knocking off the Storm on Friday night, but one NRL legend has called for grander rewards for the feat.

Securing a home final and a tidy $100,000 for finishing on top is a nice reward, however the proposal would ensure teams fight for top place right up until the final whistle of the season.

“The thing that matters most to clubs is salary cap spending, and the thing I would do is allow for the minor premiers to have half a million or a million dollars salary cap exemption,” Fittler told Channel 9 on Sunday.

“Because you come first what happens is all your players become more valuable to other clubs, so you don’t have the ability to keep them at your club.

“If you give them an exemption — a million dollars, $500,000 — all of a sudden your good players could stay at the club.”

The Sydney Roosters secured top billing on the NRL ladder after a comprehensive win over the Parramatta Eels in their final game of the season.

Of course their cause was helped by the Panthers knocking off the Storm on Friday night, but one NRL legend has called for grander rewards for the feat.

Securing a home final and a tidy $100,000 for finishing on top is a nice reward, however the proposal would ensure teams fight for top place right up until the final whistle of the season.

“The thing that matters most to clubs is salary cap spending, and the thing I would do is allow for the minor premiers to have half a million or a million dollars salary cap exemption,” Fittler told Channel 9 on Sunday.

“Because you come first what happens is all your players become more valuable to other clubs, so you don’t have the ability to keep them at your club.

“If you give them an exemption — a million dollars, $500,000 — all of a sudden your good players could stay at the club.”
Did he say this with straight face?

I don't agree with the cap exemption, but I certainly agree with upping the reward..
Takes ALOT of cap cheat.... I mean, hard work to finish the comp in first position...

It's been 100k for years, in this day and age, 500k minimum should be the reward

Sh*t for brains. Yes, let’s give the minor premiers a million dollar advantage in the salary cap!!

That's the original intent of the salary cap, to spread the love and keep the teams.competitive. Why didn't he come up with this great idea before?

But the NRL salary cap is beyond a joke atm. Even more so when Roosters are crying poor

1. Convenient timing given the chooks just won the minor premiership.

2. This defeats the purpose of the cap. This would give the team a big advantage of winning back to back minor premierships and in turn having a larger cap.

3. The only thing I agree with is increasing the prize for winning. Its pretty poor in 2018. Also it might incentivise teams to play well in the last round.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8