[Resurrected] Lol @ Parra

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
7A53363D-8135-485C-9023-918D8AAB11BD.jpeg

Wasn’t sure where else to post

The Parramatta Eels have held a conversation with skipper Clint Gutherson to inform him they will hit the market for a potential fullback option for this season.

The Herald can reveal the Eels have been hitting the phones over the past week to find what they are describing as a “game-breaker” to join the club immediately.

Club powerbrokers have spoken to Gutherson to inform him of their pursuit. Gutherson has given the club his blessing to do what it takes to help the club go one better than last year’s grand final loss to Penrith.

The Eels declined to comment when contacted by the Herald on Sunday afternoon. The club did, though, deny that the potential recruit will force the skipper out of the No.1 jersey.

The club is adamant the recruitment target, which is still a work in progress, is being sought to provide the club with an X-factor option. That option could be a fullback who comes off the bench and shifts Gutherson around the backline at different stages of the contest.

Sources with knowledge of discussions speaking under the condition of anonymity due to the confidential nature of negotiations said the Eels have significant salary cap space to attract a player of quality this year.

The quality of that player will determine the impact it has on the make-up of the starting team. The Herald understands the position of Waqa Blake, who is off contract at the end of this season, is under a cloud.

Gutherson, who has played State of Origin for NSW in the centres, could provide the Eels with an option on the right side of the field in a roving role similar to that of the Sydney Roosters’ Joseph Manu.

At the end of 2021 Gutherson signed a contract extension with the Eels until the end of the 2025 season on a deal worth in excess of $850,000 per season.

The gift that keeps on giving. Good luck slime in finding an x-factor fullback. Queen Gutho gives his blessing....really, you've just been dethroned and you're the captain of the club.

Think it’s Blake facing the chop, Gutho May move to centre if they can find their FB, interested to see who they have in mind.
Kennedy has made it clear he wants to stay at the Sharks. Better not be our boy, I’m not sure I was able to hate Parra any worse, but that would do it.

Last edited:
Didn't see this, but its definitely a worry.
I wouldn't say a worry for us. Weekes is a talent but we haven't signed him long term, probably because there isn't much of an opening in Manly's backs right now. He's a handy 14 for us this year but I wouldn't blame him if he wanted a chance to cement a starting spot somewhere else next year.

But what can the Eels offer? Probably no more than we can. And if its a premiership he wants, we're the better chance right now. (Sportsbet currently has Manly at $15 and Eels at $23 for this year's title)

I wouldn't say a worry for us. Weekes is a talent but we haven't signed him long term, probably because there isn't much of an opening in Manly's backs right now. He's a handy 14 for us this year but I wouldn't blame him if he wanted a chance to cement a starting spot somewhere else next year.

But what can the Eels offer? Probably no more than we can. And if its a premiership he wants, we're the better chance right now. (Sportsbet currently has Manly at $15 and Eels at $23 for this year's title)
And I wouldn't say he's in the "game breaker" category just yet.

Losing Weekes would be an absolute travesty @SeaEagleRock8 He has the potential to be a longterm star player for us. Losing him to the Eels would be a tragedy of Nico Hynes proportions. I'm hoping that whatever cap space we have goes into securing Kaeo, Koula Ola etc etc. I am ok with losing Fifita et al, because it seems we have a conga line of good young forwards coming through, but definitely not Weekes.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4