[Resurrected] Lol @ Parra

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Based on previous examples they'll need to get pumped a) to be seen to be doing something re cheating and b) so greenturd can make his stamp on the game.
I have no sympathy for any of them they're part of the reason why we are where we are now.

What a load of drivel some of that article was!

He mentions building a culture worthy of the parramatta brand and making parramatta, parramatta again.

Parramatta's culture is one of losing outside those 6 years in the 80's where their 4 premierships came from.

And making parramatta, parramatta again...what does he mean by that?

A bunch of losers who whinge and whine and blame everybody for their failings while bagging out opposition supporters of more successful clubs..

I can't wait to hear their season is gone and that they HAVE to lose players to get back under the cap.

After all that's been said about this, my friends cousin tags me on Facebook bagging me out about everything to do with Manly. I haven't returned serve yet and don't know if I will. They really do live in another world but I suppose with that team, you'd want to!

Yep will see us in the 8 also with parra dropping out its going to be exciting. But I have my doubts the NRL will give them a big points reduction due to their form and how many viewers they are getting. Could be nothing could be 20 points who knows
Fingers crossed my friend

This is the Manly supporters forum so its going to be dominated by people who love the Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles.

We don't mind fans of other clubs posting here, so long as they aren't being deliberately antagonistic towards Silvertails members. Healthy debate and comments are welcome, but just don't cross the line into picking fights on here. If you want to do that go join League Unlimited, that mob always seem to be itching for a fight and its a 16 club free-for-all. Or go and post on Facebook.

This site has had its share of opposition trolls. We have also had some opposition fans on here who have actually shown some intelligence (even Speels fans, which I know is rare). Outsider, you definitely fall into the troll category. You very rarely agree with anything pro-Manly on here and seem to get upset every time someone takes aim at Parra-doesn't-matta which includes their salary cap rorting.

The real tragedy won't be the fact coach Brad Arthur has assembled a team and built a culture finally worthy of the Parramatta brand – although that's heartbreaking, too – but that his superiors could have avoided the pain they're about to endure.
No, the real tragedy is the fact that Parramatta rorted the cap to the detriment of other clubs who lost players to them due to their systematic cheating. The real victims here are the clubs who played by the rules, not the cheats who's only regret is getting caught.

I'm just waiting for all the bitching and moaning from their fans.

Bring down the hammer.

The one eyed trouser snake site will be a good read. Butt hurt anyone ?

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...m (Daily Telegraph | NRL)#load-story-comments

Parramatta Eels will finally face judgment, when NRL must draw a line, writes Paul Kent
May 2, 2016 9:00pm
PAUL KENTThe Daily Telegraph

WHY punish the players is a question expected to be heard a lot on Tuesday.

It will start well before NRL boss Todd Greenberg, who will be on NRL360 on Tuesday night, announces the decision against the Eels for cheating the salary cap and it will rage on, possibly forever, given the dual killers of outrage and ignorance.

Many will insist the players should be allowed to continue playing and that the club should wear all the pain.

Why? Because they are Parramatta fans and they want to see them play in the finals, it’s been a long road. They don’t have all the facts and they won’t bother to arm themselves with them.

No, they are too busy being outraged. They give no thought to the impact a soft stance will have on the premiership’s integrity.

That a penalty for deliberately cheating but which carries no on-field deterrent creates a dangerous precedent, and might even incite clubs to test their chances.

Already the impact of Parramatta’s deceit is felt around the league.

Look at Geoff Toovey, out of a job. About two years ago Parramatta went to Anthony Watmough with an offer that straightened his back somewhat and stole all the pain from his knee.

Watmough was offered a four-year deal and in the ballpark of three-quarters of a million dollars a year. When he put the deal to Toovey he could do nothing to match it.

Toovey believed Watmough had a couple of seasons left at best. He thought it would be irresponsible to match Parramatta’s offer, in amount and duration. Watmough was affronted. He said he always wanted to play under Brad Arthur anyway and he left.

The Sea Eagles slowly disintegrated after that. With Watmough going the club’s brotherly bond was going with it and soon after Glenn Stewart left.

For a long time Steve Matai considered an offer from the Warriors. Daly Cherry-Evans signed with Gold Coast and Kieran Foran signed with Parramatta.

Cherry-Evans backflipped and somewhere in all that Toovey lost his job. Couldn’t coach, see. That’s why the players were leaving.

It all started with Watmough, though, the thread of string that got pulled and unwove the whole tapestry. And now we hear he might have gone because of a secret advantage.

It doesn’t mean illegal money had to be paid directly to Watmough. Where the Eels saved on undisclosed payments to others they created room in the salary cap for Watmough.

They are being investigated for payments to Watmough, despite false reports that Parramatta is under the salary cap for this season and that no current player deals are under investigation.

Watmough is sponsored by Scorecube, a company wholly owned by Black Citrus. Black Citrus is employed by Parramatta Leagues Club
This was not disclosed to the NRL.

There is no suggestion Watmough was aware of this connection, or has done anything wrong.

If the Eels are merely fined — after being caught cheating — it will simply encourage other clubs to chance their arm as well, knowing the worse they risk is a fine but they could also win a premiership or two if they manage to pull it off and don’t get busted.

Some will consider a fine a reasonable risk. They already do.

Parramatta will be issued a show cause notice, giving the Eels board a week to dispute any findings.

A crucial difference between the Parramatta board and the Melbourne and Canterbury scandals is the Eels are refusing to go quietly.

This has prompted some casual outragists to interpret that as innocence.

The Eels have refused at every opportunity. The board remain in constant denial.

At the same time they continue denying wrongdoing, the club seems to be trying to deliberately sidetrack members with talk over the weekend that a penalty banning the club from the finals will leave it vulnerable to a private buyout.

Members needed to consider this, the narrative went. Nothing like distracting members with irrelevant scare tactics to camouflage other wrongdoings.

If that didn’t work, members were also invited to a screening of the movie Broke across town where, according to the flyer, they “could meet the players”.

Chairman Steve Sharp is threatening Supreme Court action, arguing a lack of “due process” and other nonsense

Finally, FINALLY someone has pointed out the other clubs (especially) ours who had to let players go for salary cap reasons yet the slime balls signed them all up even though they were already over the cap!

Even the roosters who everyone has pointed the finger at for stretching/rorting the cap had to let go Jennings due to the cap. Yet parra were allowed to sign him up for $800,000?

The NRL have a lot to answer for all of this to allow unlimited 3rd party deals. This was always going to be rorted. You just need staff to stay quiet and companies/sponsors who have a passion for your club & you can sign more players than what you should.

Make these cheating bastards play for nothing and then the NRL must look at these 3rd party deals.

apart from all media hooplah,parra culture that has ensued from wantmore leaving is simply manly culture,this was obvious with all the manly players and staff that went to the eels.
parra culture died when the great team of the seventies retired,and they were pretty good.and as far as the fans go,stiff sh*t

With Watmough going the club’s brotherly bond was going with it and soon after Glenn Stewart left.

For a long time Steve Matai considered an offer from the Warriors. Daly Cherry-Evans signed with Gold Coast and Kieran Foran signed with Parramatta.

Cherry-Evans backflipped and somewhere in all that Toovey lost his job. Couldn’t coach, see. That’s why the players were leaving.

It all started with Watmough, though, the thread of string that got pulled and unwove the whole tapestry.

I wanted to rate this informative, but it's from the Daily Telegraph so that wouldn't make any sense.

Interesting that he is insinuating that Watmough's negotiations were at least going on before Gift left. Gift signed with Souths in April 2014 and the Watmough to Parra "rumors" were much later in the season (correct me if I'm wrong @Ryan), with all reports indicating that Gift's non signing the catalyst for the dramas that followed his announcement.

It's possible that Kent has just ruined the good point he was making by inventing his own facts. It wouldn't be the first time!

I wanted to rate this informative, but it's from the Daily Telegraph so that wouldn't make any sense.

Interesting that he is insinuating that Watmough's negotiations were at least going on before Gift left. Gift signed with Souths in April 2014 and the Watmough to Parra "rumors" were much later in the season (correct me if I'm wrong @Ryan), with all reports indicating that Gift's non signing the catalyst for the dramas that followed his announcement.

It's possible that Kent has just ruined the good point he was making by inventing his own facts. It wouldn't be the first time!
I didn't get that angle. '...soon after Glenn left.' I recall the headlines of a player exodus late 2014 threat.
Choc agitated for a release after Gifty was confirmed as leaving.
2v agreed to the early release in the off season, as according to 2v on NRL360, Choc told him he would tank all year if he was forced to play out his contract :mad:

This forced Parra to quickly get monies for an extra year of Choc's original 3 year Parra contract :D

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/teams/eels/parramatta-eels-will-finally-face-judgment-when-nrl-must-draw-a-line-writes-paul-kent/news-story/f1d0ef4cf6e1b13bce04af920116161f?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed: dailytelegraphnrlndm (Daily Telegraph | NRL)#load-story-comments

Parramatta Eels will finally face judgment, when NRL must draw a line, writes Paul Kent
May 2, 2016 9:00pm
PAUL KENTThe Daily Telegraph

WHY punish the players is a question expected to be heard a lot on Tuesday.

It will start well before NRL boss Todd Greenberg, who will be on NRL360 on Tuesday night, announces the decision against the Eels for cheating the salary cap and it will rage on, possibly forever, given the dual killers of outrage and ignorance.

Many will insist the players should be allowed to continue playing and that the club should wear all the pain.

Why? Because they are Parramatta fans and they want to see them play in the finals, it’s been a long road. They don’t have all the facts and they won’t bother to arm themselves with them.

No, they are too busy being outraged. They give no thought to the impact a soft stance will have on the premiership’s integrity.

That a penalty for deliberately cheating but which carries no on-field deterrent creates a dangerous precedent, and might even incite clubs to test their chances.

Already the impact of Parramatta’s deceit is felt around the league.

Look at Geoff Toovey, out of a job. About two years ago Parramatta went to Anthony Watmough with an offer that straightened his back somewhat and stole all the pain from his knee.

Watmough was offered a four-year deal and in the ballpark of three-quarters of a million dollars a year. When he put the deal to Toovey he could do nothing to match it.

Toovey believed Watmough had a couple of seasons left at best. He thought it would be irresponsible to match Parramatta’s offer, in amount and duration. Watmough was affronted. He said he always wanted to play under Brad Arthur anyway and he left.

The Sea Eagles slowly disintegrated after that. With Watmough going the club’s brotherly bond was going with it and soon after Glenn Stewart left.

It all started with Watmough, though, the thread of string that got pulled and unwove the whole tapestry. And now we hear he might have gone because of a secret advantage.

It doesn’t mean illegal money had to be paid directly to Watmough. Where the Eels saved on undisclosed payments to others they created room in the salary cap for Watmough.

They are being investigated for payments to Watmough, despite false reports that Parramatta is under the salary cap for this season and that no current player deals are under investigation.

Watmough is sponsored by Scorecube, a company wholly owned by Black Citrus. Black Citrus is employed by Parramatta Leagues Club
This was not disclosed to the NRL.

There is no suggestion Watmough was aware of this connection, or has done anything wrong.

If the Eels are merely fined — after being caught cheating — it will simply encourage other clubs to chance their arm as well, knowing the worse they risk is a fine but they could also win a premiership or two if they manage to pull it off and don’t get busted.

Some will consider a fine a reasonable risk. They already do.

Parramatta will be issued a show cause notice, giving the Eels board a week to dispute any findings.

A crucial difference between the Parramatta board and the Melbourne and Canterbury scandals is the Eels are refusing to go quietly.

This has prompted some casual outragists to interpret that as innocence.

The Eels have refused at every opportunity. The board remain in constant denial.

At the same time they continue denying wrongdoing, the club seems to be trying to deliberately sidetrack members with talk over the weekend that a penalty banning the club from the finals will leave it vulnerable to a private buyout.

Members needed to consider this, the narrative went. Nothing like distracting members with irrelevant scare tactics to camouflage other wrongdoings.

If that didn’t work, members were also invited to a screening of the movie Broke across town where, according to the flyer, they “could meet the players”.

Chairman Steve Sharp is threatening Supreme Court action, arguing a lack of “due process” and other nonsense
good article - you just beat me in posting

Finally, FINALLY someone has pointed out the other clubs (especially) ours who had to let players go for salary cap reasons yet the slime balls signed them all up even though they were already over the cap!

Even the roosters who everyone has pointed the finger at for stretching/rorting the cap had to let go Jennings due to the cap. Yet parra were allowed to sign him up for $800,000?

The NRL have a lot to answer for all of this to allow unlimited 3rd party deals. This was always going to be rorted. You just need staff to stay quiet and companies/sponsors who have a passion for your club & you can sign more players than what you should.

Make these cheating bastards play for nothing and then the NRL must look at these 3rd party deals.
To be fair, the NRL had no choice in the matter. Counting TPA's in the cap or restricting them is against the Trade Practices Act. The issue is that players have every right to leveridge off their own brand and make some extra dollars. The NRL tried to stop it being rorted by introducing rules that the club cannot arrange or guarantee a TPA and that all TPA's have to be registered so they can keep track of them. The NRL or Club logo's cannot be used by the player, only their own profile.

Unfortunately this heavily favours clubs like Brisbane who have the "Thoroughbreds" exclusive supporters club of business people. The club simply makes them aware of the need for a TPA and for how much and then the Thoroughbreds through their business contacts arrange the TPA.

There is no simple solution to the problem.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10