Lost a great Manly supporter

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I can't say anything which hasn't already been said. Stay strong mate. It sounds like he was a great dad and a good man. I'm sure he will get his Sea Eagles fix by talking all things Manly with Mouse and Ernie up there. It has not been a good year.

Stay strong MK and appreciate the memories. I lost my Dad too on 10th Dec just gone. He had a good knock but a range of health issues finally caught up with him.

He wasn't into footy that much but he lit the Manly flame in me when I asked him as a 6 year old, 'Who do we follow Dad?" and he replied, "You've got to support your local team". Amongst many things, I thank him massively for that!

Bradza said:
Stay strong MK and appreciate the memories. I lost my Dad too on 10th Dec just gone. He had a good knock but a range of health issues finally caught up with him.

He wasn't into footy that much but he lit the Manly flame in me when I asked him as a 6 year old, 'Who do we follow Dad?" and he replied, "You've got to support your local team". Amongst many things, I thank him massively for that!

Sorry to hear of your loss earlier this month as well Bradza. I don't recall seeing anything about it on the forum at the time so in case it was and I missed it, I send my belated condolences to both you and your family too.

The spirit & support from all fellow Silvertails is very much appreciated...at times we can get under 1 anothers skin on here, especially me.... but when push comes to shove the supporters represent as 1 in the most important times as shown here......
As a proud Manly supporter he would be smiling down right now, toasting with a cold beer to say thanks.

Families rile each other up at times, and often, but we're still bound by blood. Our blood here is maroon and white (diluted sometimes with beer?) and we look after and more importantly love our own.

I think the biggest strength comes from the poster willing to share this kind of news with us. To you, Townsville Eagle, Ernie and all others - my respect and love.

(I'm having a very far from perfect Xmas/New Years but it pales-in-comparison-from-that-which-pales-in-comparison to what you are all going through)

Yeah sorry on your loss MKE it's a terrible disease.It's incredible man was able to travel to the moon but can't find a cure for this dreaded illness.

MK Eagle said:
The festive season was all good until a sudden change yesterday.....
Unfortunately my dad passed away last night with cancer.
Sat by his side & got to say goodbye in person & he faded away later in his sleep without sufferance, helping ease the pain a little.
Yes he was a Seaeagles supporter who I converted back in 1986 giving him many joyous celebrations , high fiving many moments from the Cliffy Lyons days through to the magic moments of today including many Manly GF wins with me.
As an avid Silvertails from back in the 1 eyed eagle days, comfortable in sharing this with the crazy, kickass fellow Seaeagle supporters on here.
Will join the fun by seasons kickoff & wish ALL the best till then.
Matty K, Maxta, MK Eagle

So sorry to hear this MK as I too know the plight your father was on. As I am trying to tell my kids, stay strong no matter the out come as we all must move on. I hope that when it is my time that it is without pain. All the very best to you you and your family.

MK Eagle said:
The festive season was all good until a sudden change yesterday.....
Unfortunately my dad passed away last night with cancer.
Sat by his side & got to say goodbye in person & he faded away later in his sleep without sufferance, helping ease the pain a little.
Yes he was a Seaeagles supporter who I converted back in 1986 giving him many joyous celebrations , high fiving many moments from the Cliffy Lyons days through to the magic moments of today including many Manly GF wins with me.
As an avid Silvertails from back in the 1 eyed eagle days, comfortable in sharing this with the crazy, kickass fellow Seaeagle supporters on here.
Will join the fun by seasons kickoff & wish ALL the best till then.
Matty K, Maxta, MK Eagle

So sorry to hear this MK as I too know the plight your father was on. As I am trying to tell my kids, stay strong no matter the out come as we all must move on. I hope that when it is my time that it is without pain. All the very best to you you and your family.

In your corner TE, stay strong & positive....theres plenty of good times & memories to build with your kids yet mate. You certainly demonstrate true guts & are no doubt an absolute hero to your kids with that attitude.

Just logged on for the first time in a week Matt, sorry to hear about your Dad and great to see so many comments on here. Hang tough mate and remember you keep all the good memories for life!!!

MK Eagle said:

you teared me up MK... ( with that above )

keep strong !! best wishes for your family..

if you believe , pray for him if not treasure the memories you had with him..

hopefully the Mighty Sea Eagles bring it home for him this year..

I know what it's like to lose someone cherished. I had to put my cat to sleep last Saturday. He was very sick. He had problems with his kidney's- they were failing. I just couldn't let him suffer anymore. We buried him with his food dishes and vet papers down in the corner of the back yard with another cat we previously had before we were given him from my aunt. I know it's not an actual person we lost from the family but he was still a cherished family member. How long should you wait before you bring another puppy or kitten into the family?

stewartbrett(female supporter) said:
I know what it's like to lose someone cherished. I had to put my cat to sleep last Saturday. He was very sick. He had problems with his kidney's- they were failing. I just couldn't let him suffer anymore. We buried him with his food dishes and vet papers down in the corner of the back yard with another cat we previously had before we were given him from my aunt. I know it's not an actual person we lost from the family but he was still a cherished family member.

stewartbrett, hope you are feeling better. My animals are part of my family too, so much so that my kids call our dogs their brother and sister. I know when they end up passing there will be tears galore (oh and I'm sure the kids will be upset too).

I am so sorry to hear about your loss. Stay strong. I also know the feeling this year.

I don't mean to add to the sadness of this thread but maybe it is better then starting one from fresh but my grandfather who was a very passionate sea eagle fan since the start of eagle years also passed away from cancer. He was the one that taught me to be passionate about this football club through thick and thin. To be proud of the football club after a win and a loss. To show my colours at all times.

Sorry to hear about this sad news MK. Raise a glass to your dad every time the mighty sea eagles win.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7