"Lost the dressing room"

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Great thread and very emotive topic. Regardless of the opinions we all share, the common theme we yearn for is success and pride in our teams efforts. It’s all built on a primal instinct.
What is lost on most of us, is that the players are boys, young inexperienced men who have entitlement because they a strong and athletic. Some have good upbringings and some don’t.
These athletes are generally assembled like prize bulls in a show by rich people to represent different emblems....you get the picture.
The rugby league most of us grew up on his dead. There is no loyalty to anybody in the org chart from CEO down to feeder contracted players.
The term “leadership group” in a footy club is just folly. This group usually consists of the highest paid, most influential and most popular...with a token underdog thrown in. Once the contracts are signed, sealed and delivered, these guys play when they feel like playing. They have good days and bad days.
In this very fickle world of equality and inclusion, they may be spoken about by head coaches and CEOs as a “group”. However reality is behind the scenes these guys will get picked of one by one on a regular basis to be replaced with a stronger, faster bull. This culture is now endemic in this sport, like fast food or throw away consumables that give us a quick fix.
So I guess the term “losing the dressing room” is like losing the election in a populist society. I don’t like it, it doesn’t suit me, so chuck it out. Our club does not need a manager, it needs a leader than can harness all that sticks and carrots mentality, and turn it into something that we had in abundance during our best eras. What an impossible job to take on!
That's a great post.

I don’t think he properly planned a transition from his aging roster to the next generation. It looks as though he didn’t expect it to hit this year and probably thought he had another 1-2 years before the transition was needed.

He did bring in McClean; however, he has been injured most of the year. He needed to inject the next wave of young guns to come through and it looks as though it has caught him by surprise.

Thurston, Scott, Bolton, Cooper, Winterstein all starting to show their age. O’Neill and Coote whilst not that old have been inconsistent for the last couple of years.

It’s a tough one to get right - making the GF last year probably clouded his ability to see this coming.

Managing a transition isn’t something Green has had to deal with before, so in this aspect he is a rookie. Bennett has managed this aspect well in the past.

Keeping Ponga and letting go of one or more of his ageing stars probably would’ve been the way to go in hindsight. Although he was probably worried about having a Glenn Stewart situation on his hands....

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12