"Lost the dressing room"

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
or .... in say the case of Sharp ... one year is too many .....
Yeah they pulled the wrong rein there.
Could've had Graham Murray.
He's a bloke doesn't get enough credit for the cowboys recent success.
But on Barrett, even if given next year unhindered, what chance do you see of him being a success?
Given that we sack a bloke with a 58% success rate then add four internationals to Barrett's roster for his inaugural season, I just can't see any improvement in the way we are playing.
We haven't matured as a team.
We play rocks and diamonds, inconsistent , undisciplined football and have no idea what to do with ball in the oppositions 20.
I'll grant that the way this franchise is run it wouldn't be easy, but even in what I consider our darkest season, 2015, with a deplorable roster, Tooves had us one win off the 8.
Only for that infamous game at Brookie an amazing achievement was denied.
I think we have backslided from that point.

I've only heard the term "lost the dressing room" in the last decade or so and wonder how it happens and if there's anything a coach can do.
I'm interested because all the talk is now that The Magnificent Brad Arthur has "lost the dressing room", while at the same time, the other loser coach Trent Barrett, is apparently really loved by the players but has SFA to teach them.

In a great article in the SMH by Andrew Webster - https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/i-...-fittler-into-a-champion-20180601-p4ziub.html - there's this:

“I know it’s over,” Fittler said. “I’ve got no control over them. They aren’t responding.”

He seems to have figured it: “I’d lost the dressing-room long before that season,” Fittler says. “I lost it after Origin the year before. We were 12 from 15, winning the comp, then Braith, Mitchell [Pearce], Fitzy [Craig Fitzgibbon], Willie [Mason] … They were pretty much blamed for NSW’s loss. They sledge-hammered those blokes. I just didn’t realise. I didn’t know what they were going through. It all went to ****. That next pre-season, you could tell it was going to be a train crash.”

Gould adds later: “I was quite angry about what some of those players did to him,” Gould says. “That’s where he learned about selfishness. That’s the first real example of selfishness he’d seen."

It's gotta be a lonely place being coach and striking that balance where the players will go that extra mile for you when they're guaranteed a massive pay cheque win, lose, or golden point. And then suddenly, one day, they won't.
Have any of you former footy players ever seen it first hand? Anyone read more about it? What happens? Does it start with one player? Is it just like high school?
Just pondering.
Im not sticking up for Trent but wowee he has had a bad run with this team since his take over. Injuries alone over the last few years have crippled any chance of stability. When we are winning against Brisbane and Melbourne i cant see anything to suggest he's lost the dressing room. Just put it down to bad luck , thats all i can come up with.

Well, back when I played for the St.Ives under 7’s rugby team, this upstart coach had the audacity to make fun of my new haircut at the time.

From that moment forward he was dead to me... I white-anted that Jerry Seinfeld wanna-be until there was nothing left but a faint memory of what his life used to be.

By the time I was done the entire team had totally disowned him, nobody laughed at his smarmy little jokes anymore, and I even had his own son heckling him like the washed up comedic butt scratch that he was.

Wow... that was cathartic... thanks Budgie.
One of your best . You have brought the house down !:rofl:

who lost their dressing gown ... ?

3CED104800000578-0-image-a-27_1486490544522.jpg

oh ! as you were ... dressing room heh heh

I'm doubting whether the playing group love Barrett as much as we are currently led to believe.
Everyone is paying a lot of lip service, but results and actions speak louder than words.

Well if they got off their rich little arses and put in 100% that might be different!

Our Captain earns in two weeks what the average Australian earns in 52!!

So, has TBaz then lost the dressing room??

Because he’s sure as **** lost Silvertails!
There is still hope !!!
He is only a win away and we are back to the ***Upgrade Barrett now !!!*** thread .
Just one win away from being loved again .
Come on Baz , give us a win
winning-is-not-everything-its-the-only-thing-32058-alt-11.png

Well if they got off their rich little arses and put in 100% that might be different!

Our Captain earns in two weeks what the average Australian earns in 52!!
Imagine what it will be like when that laughable 52 weeks figure becomes 208 weeks like many major professional sports.

One way of losing the playing group is allowing young players or players who haven't achieved long term prolonged success with the same coach at the same club into the coaches box when injured or on rep duty,---it comes across as the coaches untouchable pet/s.

What is winning the dressing room ?
It is not always about a team winning .
The highest honour and respect and the biggest endorsement players can give their coach is sweat , blood and 110% effort on the battle field .
Anything less is desrespectful
untitled.png

@Budgi

and that has .... what to do with Jack Gibson ... or my post .....??
It’s obvious what it means mate. You have said in previous posts that you will judge Barrett after four years which coincides with your general view on the length of contracts these days.Thats fair enough. No problem at all.
I’m just giving an update on the progress and it ain’t real good and it’s getting worse.

It may be alright for wealthy clubs with big memberships and no front office issues to wait it out out but at this stage we are a club on the wane on absolutely all fronts, both front and back office, and I for one don’t want to wait for improvement based on a hunch this bloke can coach.
In any case in reality nothing much has changed from yesteryear.Other than Bennett and Bellamy who are a class above success wise every coach in the comp is at the mercy of results and can be bushed at any time. Contracts mean nothing.

Last edited:
Great insight, I posted further down without reading this, but my points are very similar. The helicopter view of these problems stem from our fickle society these days, and the manner in which our children are being raised etc
You totally get it, and I am guessing you are over 50?
54 :)

Last edited:
It’s obvious what it means mate. You have said in previous posts that you will judge Barrett after four years which coincides with your general view on the length of contracts these days.Thats fair enough. No problem at all.
I’m just giving an update on the progress and it ain’t real good and it’s getting worse.

It may be alright for wealthy clubs with big memberships and no front office issues to wait it out out but at this stage we are a club on the wane on absolutely all fronts, both front and back office, and I for one don’t want to wait for improvement based on a hunch this bloke can coach.
In any case in reality nothing much has changed from yesteryear.Other than Bennett and Bellamy who are a class above success wise every coach in the comp is at the mercy of results and can be bushed at any time. Contracts mean nothing.

You are correct .... Paul Green should be sacked immediately ....

One way of losing the playing group is allowing young players or players who haven't achieved long term prolonged success with the same coach at the same club into the coaches box when injured or on rep duty,---it comes across as the coaches untouchable pet/s.

That'll do me ..... I have read some pretty long bow reasons to have a go at Barrett but if that ain't the most ridiculous piece of Shiite I have read in 65 years I give up ..... please .....

What next .... going to start on his star sign .... brand of brekkie cereal?

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12