Lottoland Playing Surface

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

MPC75

Reserve Grader
Can't help but think that our home record this year has a lot to do with the state of Brookvale playing surface. Our game plan this year is off the back of fast movement and plenty of second phase play. To me the surface looks very slow and heavy, our good wins are from hard fast surfaces which suits our game plan. Could be a reason why we are fading in the second half of games. Something needs to be done about the surface, the current state is horrible.

It'd be good to transplant the one from the gold coast onto Brookie.
That one looks like a billiard table.
ANZ looks like crap as well though.
There's divots and bits coming off and looks uneven where it's different coloured.

The frustrating thing is that $22.5 million is sitting there waiting to be spent. Meanwhile Council Administrator Dick Persson (what an unfortunate name) insists that the administrative future of Brookvale Oval be sorted out before any money is spent. Meanwhile Gladys Durante wafts on about doing something but apparently hasn't had the time to do anything.

Scott Penn, you offloaded another CEO recently. I trust that you have been talking to all and sundry, in lieu of Tim Cleary, to at least get a new, well-drained playing surface in place. And a new perimeter fence to replace the deteriorating one that has been there since oh, 19****ing70! And flip up seats, to replace the (dry rotting) benches around the perimeter, that have also been there since 19****ing70! And a new permanent scoreboard at the northern end, with a strip-style one on the F-M Stand.

There, that can't be too hard for a multi-millionaire. It's about priorities. Get the stuff fixed now that needs fixing. Then sort out with Gladys, Dick et al, who is going to administer the ground. Then build from there!

seemed to hold up well yesterday.

we don't train on it either where some teams do get that advantage at home.

It'd be good to transplant the one from the gold coast onto Brookie.
That one looks like a billiard table.
ANZ looks like crap as well though.
There's divots and bits coming off and looks uneven where it's different coloured.
Was thinking the same thing a couple of weeks ago,Gold coast almost looks like astro turf.

The frustrating thing is that $22.5 million is sitting there waiting to be spent. Meanwhile Council Administrator Dick Persson (what an unfortunate name) insists that the administrative future of Brookvale Oval be sorted out before any money is spent. Meanwhile Gladys Durante wafts on about doing something but apparently hasn't had the time to do anything.

Scott Penn, you offloaded another CEO recently. I trust that you have been talking to all and sundry, in lieu of Tim Cleary, to at least get a new, well-drained playing surface in place. And a new perimeter fence to replace the deteriorating one that has been there since oh, 19****ing70! And flip up seats, to replace the (dry rotting) benches around the perimeter, that have also been there since 19****ing70! And a new permanent scoreboard at the northern end, with a strip-style one on the F-M Stand.

There, that can't be too hard for a multi-millionaire. It's about priorities. Get the stuff fixed now that needs fixing. Then sort out with Gladys, Dick et al, who is going to administer the ground. Then build from there!
Terry for new CEO. Should be able to last at least as long as Cleary.

Can't help but think that our home record this year has a lot to do with the state of Brookvale playing surface. Our game plan this year is off the back of fast movement and plenty of second phase play. To me the surface looks very slow and heavy, our good wins are from hard fast surfaces which suits our game plan. Could be a reason why we are fading in the second half of games. Something needs to be done about the surface, the current state is horrible.

I think it was also a major factor in our horrid injury tolls over the last few seasons. Most teams only have to play on the Brookie surface once a season. We have to play on it 10+ times.

I would part with a dollar or two to be a fly on the wall at Mr Persson's police search.
"Now Mr Dick Persson, do you have anything illegal on your, are........... person"?
Wouldn't want to get that the wrong way around !!

I think it was also a major factor in our horrid injury tolls over the last few seasons. Most teams only have to play on the Brookie surface once a season. We have to play on it 10+ times.
Exactly. The current surface (with a bit of tweaking) has been in place presumably since the ground rectangularisation, nearly 50 seasons ago.

How many other grounds go that long without a full playing surface reconstruction?

Brookvale Oval updated? Pigs might fly too!! Endless talk fest, a million and one plans and still NOTHING!! If we are to remain a viable entity on the northern beaches this has to be delivered soon or the NRL will force us out eventually.

A few knee injuries yesterday also, maybe due to the poor standard of playing surface. Brookie has been blamed before for injuries.

I just cant believe these grounds cant grow green healthy playing surfaces.

The poor state of the grass made it necessary for croker to move his kick infield.

But seriously, the pitch looked fine yesterday, better than it has for years. The knee injuries were from tackles.

Ps I met Dick Persson on Friday. Good guy, both sides of government have brought him in to administer, 1st by labor when they sacked warringah, and now by the coalition following the amalgamation. I suspect he is right to wait until the governance of the oval is sorted.

Exactly. The current surface (with a bit of tweaking) has been in place presumably since the ground rectangularisation, nearly 50 seasons ago.

How many other grounds go that long without a full playing surface reconstruction?
They have resurfaced it multiple times! Haven't you seen them chucking sand on divots..?

I agree with your points about what could be fixed quickly but I doubt Penn can do anything seeing as the council owns it. Plus, as we have seen time and time again, both the old Warringah and the new "Northern Beaches" councils are basically useless...

The scoreboard is still out of action. Plus, I had security confiscate my can of soft drink ... and I refuse to pay the ground's inflated prices for a thirst quencher.
But, overall, I still know that Brookie is the best ground from which to watch RL. And beating the Faders by one point was sublime.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8