loved it.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
It was a great game, pity about the result. If only we could have got in front with points it may have broken the spirit of the vermin. All in all great gutsy performance and fight back by our boys given the late withdrawal of 3 keys players.

Susan, i know you have been right in the camp of Foran will never be a 6 and should be a lock

You see enough last night to have that opinion swaying a bit ?

SeaEagleRock8 link said:
[quote author=mickqld link=topic=187253.msg329632#msg329632 date=1301658111]
yeah we lost but very proud of the boys. 6 of the top 17 players out and we still get close to rolling them so well done. Cant wait to see us at full strength I reckon we are still a big show if we can just get our top 17 on the field.
The best part is that it is becoming less clear exactly who our top 17 players are. All the youngsters getting valuable experience and confidence so early in the season is a major boost to our depth.
[/quote]

I've thinking the same SER8.

Is Rose really in our top 17 ?

Where does T-Rex fit now we have Oldfeild & Hoppa, Harrison & Robinson?

Is there a spot for HotRod ?

We're playing a real "up tempo" type game now with plenty of speed across the park and it's exciting to watch. Can we maintain that type of game with all of the supposedly "top 17" in the team.......i'm starting to wonder

Maybe not Bluedog, jeez these kids are enthuisiastic and that's bringing a lot to our game now.....Des has a dilema doesn't he!

Mybludog link said:
[quote author=SeaEagleRock8 link=topic=187253.msg329730#msg329730 date=1301694831]
[quote author=mickqld link=topic=187253.msg329632#msg329632 date=1301658111]
yeah we lost but very proud of the boys. 6 of the top 17 players out and we still get close to rolling them so well done. Cant wait to see us at full strength I reckon we are still a big show if we can just get our top 17 on the field.
The best part is that it is becoming less clear exactly who our top 17 players are. All the youngsters getting valuable experience and confidence so early in the season is a major boost to our depth.
[/quote]

I've thinking the same SER8.

Is Rose really in our top 17 ?

Where does T-Rex fit now we have Oldfeild & Hoppa, Harrison & Robinson?

Is there a spot for HotRod ?

We're playing a real "up tempo" type game now with plenty of speed across the park and it's exciting to watch. Can we maintain that type of game with all of the supposedly "top 17" in the team.......i'm starting to wonder
[/quote]

My question is who the bloody hell is Hot Rod?

The last time I enjoyed a loss this much was that game against Melbourne in 2008.  And that level of enjoyment was even before that unbelievable fightback, very nearly 18 points in the final 9 and a bit minutes.  What a difference to last year's surrenders.

So much to love about the game, what the players showed, the prospects, the application, the guts.  Foran, Buhrer, Robinson continue showing development in their game and capabilities.  Oldfield reminding me of Daniel Gartner's running game.  DCW continuing to show he's not out of his league. 

Souths are strong, they were hot, almost everything clicked for them, the penalties and decisions and play favoured them, and yet the result was not decided until the final kick swung away.

Prospects everywhere.  And we haven't even seen the likes of Lussick and Cunningham brought up yet.

Have to agree with Rex et al.
Never good to lose to the wabbits, but the vibe coming off the young kids coming through is great. You have to credit the whole coaching setup when you see oldfield, buhrer, harrison and robinson turn up and play with that confidence.

The seniors will recognise the pressure is on like it wasn't last year for their spots.

Hopoate is for mine already a regular firstgrader and has to be picked somewhere: he can be counted on to score tries and come up with key plays. And Oldfield has the look of a seasoned nrl regular about him.

DCE + Foran = a work in progress, but the progress is good and the work will be worth the wait. bummer for DCE missing the kick, but both kickers struggled all night (was it a flukey wind up there

It seems (maybe out of necessity) Dessie has shifted from the powerdrive pack (4 big props as the focus) to more of a swarm of smaller and more mobile pigs. More off-loads in the forward play so far this year too it seems. and choc does seem to have a license to roam which is good.

If we can get lyon, matai, stewart, fit and back on the park more or less consistently, with what we've seen so far we should be a handful for most teams. Add some players still missing and due back later and it looks even better.

kiwi.you bet I see a lot that sways me.definitely underestimated his ballplaying.maybe des has kept a lid on him for a while in this regard.definitely the man for us at six.can't really believe his improvement although I would love to see Des let him rove to the right a bit.at rep level (if he was an Aussie) probably  still like him as a 13 but for us,he is our six for a long time.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7