Luke Lewis

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Lewis has met with Hasler and is a very big chance of being at the Dogs. Personally no way could I see him ever leaving Penrith, but after getting some information yday it seems he is definitely leaving.

If he ends up at the Dogs, they must be letting go atleast 5 big name players to fit under the cap,surely.

As others have said, it would be a tragedy for Lewis to leave the Panthers. And it would be even more of a tragedy if he ended up at the Bulldogs:)
But I'd have him at Manly in a heartbeat. He's one of the most whole-hearted players I've ever seen, and can play pretty much every position on the field. But really, he HAS to stay at the Panthers, doesn't he?

conanu said:
bones said:
Greenturd has tweeted to Dogs fans that he has five bits of good news to tell them over the next five days. One bit of news a day apparently. More signings with their limitless salary cap I'd say.

I know i cant believe it actually said #5signingsin5days on the Bulldogs Club tweet. Everyone is going to start hating them soon especially if they look like they are rorting things and getting away with it. Most fans from other clubs dont need much of a reason to hate them. Had to laugh at Terry Lamb apologising to Ellery Hanley for Elbowing him in the 85 GF. Says alot about him and that scummy club really they were the original cheats before Melbourne came along. A good Tshirt for our games would be

BULLDOGS
"The Original Cheats"
"Rorting the Cap and getting away with it since 2002"

BULLDOGS
"The Original Cheats"
"Rorting the Cap and getting away with it since 1995"

Fixed it for you mate

Luke Lewis is about the only non-Manly Player I cheer.
I would welcome him with open arms to join JoeeG at Brookie :angel:

The Penrith Supporters should demand answers though, does not seem that all is well up in the Mountains.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/former-penrith-panthers-captain-luke-lewis-wants-a-release-from-the-club/story-e6frexqi-1226420608097

He is one of the greats of modern times. Gus hs lost the plot.

We have had some great signings from Penrith over the years, but if we got Luke Lewis I think he would be the best. Not sure what is going on in Penrith...

the locals have been fuming over whatever is going on with the club all year, i live in penrith and there's been little talk about anything else at the pub i drink at that a heap of die hards and a few ex players can usually be found. (was great yesterday, the only time you'll hear em cheer for manly is whenever we play parra) the fans have had enough and rightly so. As soon as gould waltzed in a lot of the ex players no longer have had whatever connections they had all but cut and they're not afraid to speak about it either. There's been no Penrith player with as much respect from the local people as Luke and his family in the area for years, especially in the junior footy ranks and it's a massive kick in his guts if he is forced out. One of the nicest blokes you'll meet, has time for everyone and genuine passion. No idea what Gus & Cleary are doing, but it's costing them more and more fans by the week. the place is as much of a rabble as Parra at the moment. There'll be more that want out by seasons end too is the talk.

I think the press conference at 2pm with Gus is significant. I really can't see the club holding a press conference with the player to announce he is going to be released early. I think Luke will say he is behind the club and the direction its taking and when thats done Gus will give both barrells to the media outlets that he says are trying to destablise the club.

It's an interesting thing that Gould was rabbiting on about 'winning the hearts and minds of the West' when he want out there. Now cutting one of their favourite sons, who could have done a 'Hindmarsh' after his playing days are over. Gould is rubbish and handing the area over to the AFL. The Commission should be concerned with his involvement.

Sign Sika Manu and lose Lewis..strange things happening out there. He has won them games on his own over the last few years.

Would rather Buhrer playing 80 at the lower $'s than Lewis at the higher $'s. Spend those $'s on some quality outside backs.

Cameron said:
Rambo1987 said:
Just heard on Fox Sports that Panthers want him out ASAP and the Tigers, Parra & Dogs want him.

Wtf???? He's one of their best. They must be trying to change the culture there. He'd be good at manly if we had cap room Sadly we don't

We should just do what De$ and the Scumdogs do.....don't worry about the salary cap. Just sign anything and everything.

Fair dinkum if he ends up at C*nterbury.....I'll give it away.

Lukes a great bloke its sad what may happen BUT their loss could be our gain? are we even in the running to snare him? i think he would def be a HUGE asset to our club.

SURELY someone @ manly HQ will be looking at this with interest right?

Lewis is currently earning about $450k. Fitting that in will be nigh on impossible for us.

Sharks seem like a likely destination for him, especially when that land development gets approved.

Also the rumour is Thurston is going to the panthers.

Luke Lewis To Leave Penrith Panthers?
Today, Luke Lewis is expected to ask the Panthers for release. "It's huge, Matty," Penrith Panthers' #1 ticket holder Mark "MG" Geyer said on Triple M this morning.

"This has been going on since Origin, when he was dropped as the captain by Ivan Cleary," Geyer explained.

"We all knew that he didn't like being dropped from the captaincy. I was with him, I said 'it's a bad way, but at least he backed up and played good footy," Geyer continued.

"What will be the feeling in the community [if Lewis leaves]?" Matty Johns asked Mark Geyer.

"Outrage. When I think of Penrith, I think of Luke Lewis," Geyer responded.

"The amazing thing about the story in the paper is that it says that it's not only Lewis that's unhappy. Lewis is saying he wants out because the club doesn't want him, that the club's trying to push him out," Matty Johns said.

"If that is true and they want Luke Lewis out, boy oh boy they must have a big gun coming, they're clearing the decks," Johns ruminated.

Johnathan Thurston To Sign With Penrith Panthers?"I was sent this as an email on Facebook... it says Johnathan Thurston is on the verge of signing a two year deal with the Panthers for 2013-14," Triple M's Mark "MG" Geyer said.

"I don't know how much credibility we can give this, but [see below]. If they are clearing the decks for somebody big, you can't get any bigger than Johnathan Thurston," Geyer added.

Masked Eagle said:
I think the press conference at 2pm with Gus is significant. I really can't see the club holding a press conference with the player to announce he is going to be released early. I think Luke will say he is behind the club and the direction its taking and when thats done Gus will give both barrells to the media outlets that he says are trying to destablise the club.

News appears to be getting louder that I was off the mark with this line of thinking. I'm guessing they are just trying to get on the front foot and have Luke saying he just wants a change and it has nothing to do with the coach.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7