Lyall be very careful

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

if we sign foz and lose AFB or Marty will it undo all the positivity the club has done

• Yes

Votes: 54 45.4%
  • No

Votes: 7 5.9%
  • Maybe

Votes: 10 8.4%
  • I really hope this Foz rumour goes away fast.

Votes: 48 40.3%

• Total voters

Harvies elbow

I'm a country member....... " Yes we remember "
2017 Tipping Competitor
All ST posters

We need to keep things in perspective and DONT BELIEVE EVERY RUMOR THAT IS IN THE MEDIA! There is generally a hidden agenda behind a rumor from other clubs or Player Managers or the journalist need to fill some page space.

How many times have they been completely wrong in the past?

Anyway a ‘well placed source’ has told me directly this morning and I quote ‘Marty & Addin are highly valued members of our squad and we look forward to them making a major contribution in 2019’.

As I said yesterday my sauces are better than their sauces!!
Champion!!!

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
All ST posters

We need to keep things in perspective and DONT BELIEVE EVERY RUMOR THAT IS IN THE MEDIA! There is generally a hidden agenda behind a rumor from other clubs or Player Managers or the journalist need to fill some page space.

How many times have they been completely wrong in the past?

Anyway a ‘well placed source’ has told me directly this morning and I quote ‘Marty & Addin are highly valued members of our squad and we look forward to them making a major contribution in 2019’.

As I said yesterday my sauces are better than their sauces!!

But funny how some get sucked in!!

manly al

First Grader
Maybe Des and Crusher have been in part overdrive the past week or so and really trying to come to terms with their preferred squad line up for next season and going forward . So no doubt there would be plenty of attention or not well founded speculation on their maybe preferred squad line up and alternative acquisitions or trades right at this point of time . Still can not envision or see how releasing your two starting props or taking on an injury prone and cap restrictive player in Foz would be part of their preferred options though .

DUFFMAN

Bencher
I could get a job writing crap at the Telegraph.
I have enough stories to cover me to Christmas.

Des wants Tedesco
Des wants Cook
Des wants Gordner
Des wants Inglis

Just put a new name down for each story of players from the Australian team.
I’m sure he would want them along with everyother coach, but it will never happen but I would get heaps of clicks on my stories.

swoop

Bencher
Tipping Member
AFB and Marty are two of the best forwards in the comp, why would he trade for a hack. We've signed Elgey, **** Foran.

Not sure why anyone reads the crap in the papers and then gets on here having a heart attack based on some unfounded rumour. If it is true - we will hear about it from the club or player or whoever in due course and until that happens essentially it isn't true. Have your opinion and share what you think of it - that is what freedom of speech is all about but why get your blood pressure up and rant and blow a valve over something that might not happen? I much rather deal with facts than maybes and then I will blow my top lol. You guys and gals certainly entertain me. Glad I am not the dog in some of your houses getting kicked every time a fake rumour about Manly hits the media.

southsideeagle

Reserve Grader
Premium Member
There are some players that you do not sign, no matter how good they are. Hayne, duggan ferguson plus probably another 10 or 20 players. Its a team game, on an off the pitch.

The current day foz would not add anything to off field (as opposed to Hodkinson), cost far too much, which take money out of someone else who should receive it. Mentally and physically questionable.

We talk about bring Cliffy back. We all know that we moved on 20 years ago. With foz , his real worth as a footballer was 5 years ago.

There is so many comments about the new coaching staff. I hope they have moved with the times and still not back in 2011.

manlywarringah

Bencher
Premium Member
Des loves a strong forward pack so I doubt he’d let either of Taupau or AFB go.....not unless he has someone lined up to cover one of them....or If AFB really does want out at any cost. If both players are happy to stay, then I’m sure they will.

It doesn’t surprise me that Des wants Foran and I’m sure Foran would be busting to come back but it doesn’t inspire me after he tried to destroy the place on the way out and then announced he’s going to a club to take him to a higher level and of course.....talk about that word KARMA!

I’m sorry his life spiralled out of control the way it did and glad he thinks he’s in a good place but I’m not so sure looking from the outside. I really hope he has turned it back around.

I’m just not sure I want him back with so much physical and mental baggage that may not be fixed.

And I pity poor Elgey in all of this trying to nail down a first grade spot and reading this every day when he hasn’t even turned up to training yet.

I’m sure we’ll be in for more rumours in the next few weeks and we’ll just have to see where the ride takes us.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I have a sneaking suspicion BUT no rumours or inside knowledge that we’ll get a few surprises announced prior to Xmas.

They need to keep motivating the membership campaign and as soon as it slows you can bet they’ll announce a signing or two!!

Or at least I hope they do!!

pjayz

הנשרים ישרור בעוד שנתיים מיום הנשרים
I don’t see us signing Foran, especially not at the expense of a Prop.

If AFB continues on his curve of the last three years - he will establish himself as the best prop in the game by the end of 2019.

Des is no fool, no way he lets AFB leave unless AFB wants out badly which I simply don’t believe. The next contract for Addin will be his big pay day.

swoop

Bencher
Tipping Member
I don’t see us signing Foran, especially not at the expense of a Prop.

If AFB continues on his curve of the last three years - he will establish himself as the best prop in the game by the end of 2019.

Des is no fool, no way he lets AFB leave unless AFB wants out badly which I simply don’t believe. The next contract for Addin will be his big pay day.

Did he ever drop Aiden Tolman at the dogs? He also extended Tolman's contract but let Graham go.

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
I'll let Des and Crusher decide who they want I have faith in them unlike Barrett.

Agree .... they are not new to this caper ........ and I would support them

... but I confess I had too laugh at the irony, when several posters pointed to Dessie's last season at the doggies and criticised him .... several peope came on and defended him and using the fact that he will have a better roster at Manly than he had at the Doggies as a point ..... so they were in fact saying Bozo/Barrett have done a better job of recruitment in 3 years .. than Des and Crusher in 5 years ......:rofl:

Last edited:

mozgrame

Engorged member
Agree .... they are not new to this caper ........ and I would support them

... but I confess I had too laugh at the irony, when several posters pointed to Dessie's last season at the doggies and criticised him .... several peope came on and defended him and using the fact that he will have a better roster at Manly than he had at the Doggies as a point ..... so they were in fact saying Bozo/Barrett have done a better job of recruitment in 3 years .. than Des and Crusher in 5 years ......

You think too much @Woodsie

Grab a drink and just enjoy the silly season!!

Supreme Leader

Uber L77T playa
Sorry, NO on Foran, might have been a great player and possibly could be again, but now damaged goods with injury and issues off the field. Not throwing a stone at a glass house (as we all have our own issues), but in this case his past did affect this club, and other team mates. This is club for special players, or at least should be a club for players to aspire to join.

Peter C

Bencher
just a word of warning if you are reading this forum
Do not trade out Marty or AFB for foz.
For all that Des likes about him and what he did with us he is a broken mess and not worth picking up at all.
All the good work and momentum you have right now after Des signing will be totally lost if you trade AFB or Marty to the dogs for Foz

Des and Foran are friends, he's not going to say to those journalist vultures, "nah I don't want him", he'll say "if we can fit him within our cap" but he knows we can't, and as for doing a swap for AFB or Tapau, ridiculous.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 9 2 82 20
11 8 3 112 18
11 8 3 75 18
11 7 4 65 16
12 7 5 135 14
12 7 5 57 14
11 6 5 -9 14