Lyon and Watmough

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Creagh doesn't have size though he is pretty small really.

As for Barrett, I just dont think he is the right option. The QLD blueprint wont work for NSW, to be honest Origin actually means more to Queenslanders, without putting NSW or Queensland down.

from living up here, I have noticed that it's not even about passion, Origin is ingrained in them up here and is absolutely part of who they are, it really means something. In NSW these days it's treated as a big game, but the passion and that ingrained desire to win it for the state is not the same.

I think there would be more passion for NSW if we were versing Victoria, Queenslanders feel they play second fiddle to NSW in everything and as such have a certain hatred for it. You will find more new south welshmen hate Victoria and melbournians more than they do Queensland and queenslanders.

However in this case better options were looked over for certain political reasons, whereas QLD don't bother with politics, they pick the right players no matter what.

My example of this is Carney being looked over because "He still owes the game more" was a quote I heard on one of the various football shows, maybe the roast??? Which i think is just a joke, if he is the right player, forget his past and pick him. NSW need to look long and hard at themselves and teh game, they will notice of all successful teams both at club, State and International levels over the past 10 years or so, there has been one thing that is true of all of them.

They have had either the best or at least one of the best in the following positions
Fullback
5/8
Halfback
Hooker

The problem with NSW is we have no forward plan, we are in panic mode trying desperately to stop 5 series losses in a row, but in doing so are setting ourselves up for the potential of losing 7 or more in a row.

They need to start planning 1 to 2 years ahead. Get the best young players in the 4 key positions named above.

Next year I would really like to see Dugan and Pearce get a run, but not this year.

agreed

this year
1 - Hayne (though Dugan is nipping at his heels)
6 - Carney
7 - Kimmorely (though Pearce should be next in line)
9 - Ennis

that would be a good combination.

Morris & Morris on wings would be good but so would Quinn or burt

Centres: Lyon & Jennings/Idris/Best/a number of others

Backrow choose from
Watmough
Lefranchi
Gifty
Gallen
Minnichello
Creagh
Hoffman

There are some good backrowers there that would certainly be perfect

Props take you pick from
Perry
King
Weymen
Leeroyd-Lars
White
Waterhouse
Poore

any number of other big boppers

Utility
Lewis or Gidley

There are enough players there to make a very strong team, so how did we end up with that team last night?

i think we need more size and we could do worse than pick some of the big boppers at raiders

Joel Thompson comes to mind
i tink hes like 6 foot and 102 and runs with alot of purpose

If we are complaining about playing people out of position, how do we justify picking Carney at 6, when in the past 2 years he hasn't played 1 match there ? For me Carney is utility ahead of Gidley

I had no problem with Lyon at 6, thought he was the only guy that had any ounce of attack in him for NSW, kicked well and threw a beautiful ball to put Gidley through.

LOL @ Mata's "only just" for Watmough, he has been NSW's best forward 3 origins in a row now

Dan, is what way are you talking about Creagh's size ? You think he needs to add 10kg or so to his frame ? He is bloody tall, 1.93m I think

We have a Gem of a 5/8th in Greg Bird?! Can't understand anyone overlooking him. Leaves carney the utility spot. They are both around 26-27 so they are going to be around for a while. Put them in, leave them there and screw kidley off.

Kiwi Eagle link said:
If we are complaining about playing people out of position, how do we justify picking Carney at 6, when in the past 2 years he hasn't played 1 match there ? For me Carney is utility ahead of Gidley

I had no problem with Lyon at 6, thought he was the only guy that had any ounce of attack in him for NSW, kicked well and threw a beautiful ball to put Gidley through.

LOL @ Mata's \"only just\" for Watmough, he has been NSW's best forward 3 origins in a row now

Dan, is what way are you talking about Creagh's size ? You think he needs to add 10kg or so to his frame ? He is bloody tall, 1.93m I think

Yes frame. He is tall and fit, but I think needs some more bulk. He is also lacking in size around the testicular region, showcased several times last night but none more before is sin binning at the end of game 3 last year

Actually, first picked should be Hindmarsh.  I remember him making 40 tackles in the first 35 minutes of an origin game NSW won and he was vomiting on the field as he went forward to make a tackles.

It was probably the same game where Waterhouse came off after 1 minutes, blown and vomiting to slump on the bench. 

yeah true. That guy for the Raiders who makes about a thousand tackles a game in the backrow could be a smokey too.

Matabele link said:
Similarly, Gidley was the utility when NSW was winning.  He can cover the entire spine and adds impact.  He is just junk as a starter. 

How the hell has this happened? How has Gidley managed to convince everyone that he was a great utility??? You say he was there when we were winning? Bullsh*t. He debuted in 2007. Which is basically the year when NSW started getting flogged every year (I know we lost in 2006 as well, but there were some pretty iffy games there, NSW lost at least one where we were in 100% control).

So since Gidley has come into the team (whether it be as a utility or starter) we've been f*cked. And yet somehow the bloke has managed to craft this myth about himself that he's some superstar utility who has the magic touch off the bench. It's bullsh*t! He's even convinced the Queenslanders!!

Matabele link said:
All those years of Offord coat hangers whilst Choc had this latent bombing ability .....

Speaking of Orford, what's happened to DSM5? I haven't seen him post here for about a month.

Jethro link said:
[quote author=Matabele link=topic=183399.msg263557#msg263557 date=1274878826]

All those years of Offord coat hangers whilst Choc had this latent bombing ability .....

Speaking of Orford, what's happened to DSM5? I haven't seen him post here for about a month.
[/quote]

In Europe somewhere I think, I remember him hoping that the Stewart case wouldn't be on a certain date because he was going away on holiday

Thanks for the info Kiwi.  It only just occurred to me earlier this evening when I was re-reading through this thread and Orford's name came up that he had been quiet lately as he was normally a regular poster.

Jethro link said:

[/quote] I found him, ran him through with my assegai and ate him.  His torso is still in my freezer somewhere. 

Matabele link said:
[quote author=Jethro link=topic=183399.msg263712#msg263712 date=1274948074]

[/quote]

I found him, ran him through with my assegai and ate him.  His torso is still in my freezer somewhere. 
[/quote]

Well, if you ate him then how could his torso still be in your freezer somewhere?

Jethro link said:
[quote author=Matabele link=topic=183399.msg263734#msg263734 date=1274955539]

[/quote]

I found him, ran him through with my assegai and ate him.  His torso is still in my freezer somewhere. 
[/quote]

Well, if you ate him then how could his torso still be in your freezer somewhere?
[/quote]  Arms and legs are the best part.  The torso needs to marinate for a while.

Matabele link said:
[quote author=Jethro link=topic=183399.msg263747#msg263747 date=1274961380]

[quote author=Matabele link=topic=183399.msg263734#msg263734 date=1274955539]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote] 

Arms and legs are the best part.  The torso needs to marinate for a while.
[/quote]

yack.gif

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4