Making up the numbers

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
We're so far off the pace (and have been all year) it's just not funny.  I'm tiring even of Hasler going into press conferences making excuses or blustering about officialdom. 

I kind of hope we miss the finals.  It might force a cutting of a lot of the dead wood that has accumulated about the place since 2008.  Post-premiership complacency indeed.

I would say its just more bad luck.  I dont think injuries such as Snakes, Wolfmans, Rodneys and Perrys are due to budget cuts.  Spending cuts do not impact what happens on the field.  

well said Mata...time for some deadwood to go. I am sick of us making excuses, this team is only making up the numbers at this stage. We desperately need youth in our side, unfortunately it might be time for guys like King, Kite and Choc to start looking at other options for the coming years. Week in week out, its the same guys giving 100%

Mate the game should have been over at halftime.  Should have been done and dusted by then. 

Hopefully we can beat the Dogs, I'll be watching and cheering.  We deserve a spot in the 8.

I was following the scores on my phone and seeing it at 14-0 in the 37th, just knew the next time I did a refresh it would be 14-6, conceding a try on half time.  It's what we've doe all year, clocked off and shown bad attitude at the worst of times.

We can moan that we've had rotten luck - but how much are we contributing to the runaway tries and lopsided penalty counts.  A lot I'd suggest. 

We played brilliantly in the first half, then injuries and officaldom intervened.
With the troops we have I think we have overachieved this season. Just look how woeful Brisbane are without Lockyer.
How did the Titans go without Campbell against one of the worst teams in the comp?
We have been without our best attacking player all season, plus Wolfman.
Take Coward out of Illawarra and Marshall from the Tigers and both teams  would be on no more points than we are.
I don't think anyone suggested we'd win the comp when we suffered the two major inury blows, but let's give most of the players credit for getting us into the eight.
Apart from a few low performaces, I've always felt the team has tried hard.
Most teams are average; it's just who stays fittest and has the refs on their side.
Certainly, I wouldn't think Easts are too confident of going far, having been smashed so easily in the first half.

you are a fuc*k head barry you know nothing all you know is how to speak like a fuc* head,you fu*k head........................

mr seagles link said:
you are a fuc*k head barry you know nothing all you know is how to speak like a fuc* head,you fu*k head........................

Some ones done a heap on the game,or drank a heap at the game!

Mr Seaagles...win, lose or draw, your attitude towards other Manly fans is despicable.

We don't deserve to make the 8. We're playing on our knees, begging like bums, and that's no way to go into a finals.

Reasons why we're so ****? Lack of genuine speed, poor kicking game (line drop-outs, cross field, short and long) and poor defense.

The fact we're below full strength and players playing below their best, doesn't help either.

Matabele link said:
We're so far off the pace (and have been all year) it's just not funny.  I'm tiring even of Hasler going into press conferences making excuses or blustering about officialdom.  

I kind of hope we miss the finals.  It might force a cutting of a lot of the dead wood that has accumulated about the place since 2008.  Post-premiership complacency indeed.

There's no use cutting off the dead wood when you don't keep the promising young shoots.

I'm still hoping & waiting for some contribution form our glorious CEO.

mr seagles link said:

I read Barry's post and I thought it was a pretty good summation of our season.
Then I read Mr Seagles response and that confirmed it.

Jerry1 link said:
[quote author=Matabele link=topic=184908.msg288236#msg288236 date=1283067825]
We're so far off the pace (and have been all year) it's just not funny.  I'm tiring even of Hasler going into press conferences making excuses or blustering about officialdom. 

I kind of hope we miss the finals.  It might force a cutting of a lot of the dead wood that has accumulated about the place since 2008.  Post-premiership complacency indeed.

There's no use cutting off the dead wood when you don't keep the promising young shoots.

I'm still hoping & waiting for some contribution form our glorious CEO.

[/quote] Don't hold your breath.  He's too busy "tempting fate" on Facebook at the half time of games.

There is a fair bit to be said for going through a rebuild phase. This competition doesnt reward clubs for trying to stay on top for any length of time.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8