Manly 2021 vs 2022

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

XV-1

First Grader
At this stage of the season we are century's away from last year.

We beat Tigers and Broncos by 40+ 8n 2921, but 8n 2922 struggle to beat Tigers and thrashed by Broncos.

We need to do things differently

A / don't pick an injured Turbo

B/ Schuster is our future and Foran is doing zero against good teams - Schuster to 5/8th

C/ Forwards - not sure what to do with these collective cream puffs

I don’t know what they do with Jake, he ain’t the answer as the link man in the middle, very slow and predictable.

Been ordinary the last couple of games, maybe something not right with the group with an effort like this.

Ciraldo sign him up!! Defence is horrific and whatever Des has them working on it ain’t getting results another 30+ points scored by the opposition team..

We need a modern day coach (but not one who's buddy buddy with the players like Barrett). I like Todd Payten's style, or even Craig Fitzgibbon. No nonsense, take no crap, but up there with the modern nuances of the game.

Like @Dion Johnson said, someone like Ciraldo fits that mould. Comes out of a very successful system (hey, might even bring a player or two).

We need to re-tweek our roster - it's too unbalanced. I get that DCE is taking heaps less to play on, but we should have 100% let him go. Also, Jakes contract is an albatross. He should be on Tolman type 350-400k type money. He's a very, very slow (but heart and soul) player.

WTF is the problem with defence between Haumole and DCE.

Almost making Harper seem like a defensive centre.

This needs to be resolved.

WTF is the problem with defence between Haumole and DCE.

Almost making Harper seem like a defensive centre.

This needs to be resolved.
It has been the same for a long time and they just arent improving. DCE often taking the inside runner and leaving an overlap on outside or in this case wrong footed and leaving the gap on the inside.

It has been the same for a long time and they just arent improving. DCE often taking the inside runner and leaving an overlap on outside or in this case wrong footed and leaving the gap on the inside.

Personally I don’t see Haumole passing from right to left. Perhaps put him on the other side.

The best team Des has coached in this second stint was the 2019 team. We were robbed against souths in that semi with Jake being sent to the bin and we had beaten Canberra twice that season. I rated us a better team in 2019 than 2021.

2020 - bottom 4
2021 - great season under the touch footy rules.

2022 - won’t make the 8.

Whoever’s decision it was to let the Trbojevic family hold the club to ransom is a goose. Jake is deadset sapping the crap out of our cap. Imagine if he was on at least half his salary we’d be able to actually sign or attempt signing a big name like Munster.

Jake is a 450k player, not 900k

But remember, the turbos are taking unders to stay with Manly.

Jake is a 450k player, not 900k

But remember, the turbos are taking unders to stay with Manly.
Lol that’s what they say..
Turbo isn’t a 1M player either. Ryan Pap is probably on 300k less and is the better fullback. Plain and simple.

Comparing last year to this year is pointless.

The game, and how it is managed is completely different, again.

At this stage of the season we are century's away from last year.

We beat Tigers and Broncos by 40+ 8n 2921, but 8n 2922 struggle to beat Tigers and thrashed by Broncos.

We need to do things differently

A / don't pick an injured Turbo

B/ Schuster is our future and Foran is doing zero against good teams - Schuster to 5/8th

C/ Forwards - not sure what to do with these collective cream puffs
broncos has vastly improved dude. its a good side in 2022

We simply don’t have the middle forwards to do anything in this comp. Not to mention our defensive identity is non existent.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8