Manly 9s Injuries

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Whilst never happy with injuries, if the guys were getting injuries which were related to playing in the 9s (I remember a year or so back a lot of players pulling hammies and the commentators were saying how the players weren't ready for this kind of explosive football) then I would be filthy. But to be honest Jake T and Jamie Bs injuries are just contact issues. Could happen at training. Now I'm not happy about any injuries, but by the same token players can't be wrapped in cotton wool either.

Whilst never happy with injuries, if the guys were getting injuries which were related to playing in the 9s (I remember a year or so back a lot of players pulling hammies and the commentators were saying how the players weren't ready for this kind of explosive football) then I would be filthy. But to be honest Jake T and Jamie Bs injuries are just contact issues. Could happen at training. Now I'm not happy about any injuries, but by the same token players can't be wrapped in cotton wool either.
Exactly - as Vincent Hanna once said, "you can get killed walkin' your doggie!"

Injuries happen. Whether at the 9's, trials, round one or whatever. They're inevitable.

• 🤝
Reactions: Rex
winners!

woohoo!

The person who bet 15k on the warriors may not be too happy though.
Your right
But the person who had a lazy 50 on the Eagles at 4.00 is very happy and has the 200 all up against the dogs at 1,45

If it wins great if it doesn't it just makes me hate the dogs more and yell louder at our first premiership game

Go manly

No difference between the two incidents. Hurrell lunges with his raised left knee into both tacklers' heads. 3 weeks for the first, a pat on the back for the second. Major injuries for both defenders. He's got away with it for so long, it's become ingrained into his running style - because it is damned effective at making defenders drop off. And now, with the NRL giving the OK to it ...

The defenders get penalised - can't play through injury. What about the offender?

Read that jorge had a niggle in his hammy so they widthdrew him.

It could also be barret way of getting jorge out of the 9s without the nrl complaining we didnt send enough top 17 players.

Before shattering Tupou's jaw with his raised knee, he had already received 2 prior warnings over raising his knees.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...s/news-story/a22c2ecb18a2873dfd3634cb563a76d6

Tupou's penalty for Hurrell raising his knee was extreme. Hurrell got off with a mere 3 week rest.

Prior history is meant to INCREASE penalties for re-offenders. Not reduce them. The NRL is also heading down a dangerous path with potential law suits for brain damage - and this type of non-action by them may be evidence supporting allegations of negligence.

From the club:

Club doctor Luke Inman confirmed this morning that scans at Middlemore Hospital revealed a broken jaw for Buhrer, who will be out for 6-8 weeks. Buhrer returned home to Sydney this morning and will undergo surgery later today.

When they say he'll be out 6-8 weeks, does that mean from now, or does that mean 6-8 weeks of the season proper? Could be a huge difference.

EDIT: Scratch this. Just saw it explained in the JB out 6-8 weeks thread.

if we make the final we will have no bench, already down 5 (Buhrer, Jake, Green, Hodges and Tafua)

Just watchin Konrad make a break againts the brocos and right at the moment of impact he raises his knee high again. Didnt hit anyone this time thou.
May as well continue.

According to NRL logic it's now a legal tactic.

Just don't swing a punch or you'll be banned & labeled reckless.

• 👍
Reactions: Rex
NRL has ruled we cannot have our 19th man play as cover for injuries.

This exposes us for more injuries, makes me nervous.

As much as I would like to see us win the tournament, losing a key playing is worse, so if gettin hammered in the first half I would pull turbo and parcell off the field and be done with.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4