[Resurrected] Manly Daily on Recruitment

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Dunley, Willow, Kylie, Hecks and Matai should all be retained. Good for depth and I'm sure they'd all be reasonably priced. I think all 5 players have shown that they can be important members of our first grade side.

I suppose the thinking is if they can get a 5/8 and monas goes to hooker, he can cover the halves. Beaver/g stewy/watmough can cover the centres. Hence bye bye willow.

Both props wernt mentioned to be expected to leave.

Dunley and Randall are useless if monas goes to hooker

Matai's worth has gone up too much to keep him for PL. ALberts is the young centre - they would like to bye some experience for the other side.

To clarify my point, if you don't think we payed way OVERS for Kite & Kennedy, with sign on fees etc, you are all kidding yourselves.

When I say pulling power, I mean the ability to pick up a player that there is a tug-of-war over. Kite & Kennedy basically had a done deal (due to LARGE amounts of money) before a dog fight was able to be insituted.

In the past 18 months, we have been in one way or another, in a struggle, or fight for Tahu, J Monaghan, Lyon, Moule, Williams, King, Orford etc etc. That is where I am saying we don't have the pulling power.

I WOULD like to add that I heard a rumour that King didn't want to sign because of his relationship with one of our management.

Just clarification.

I don't care what OVERS we paid for Kennedy, he is the sole reason we are in our current position. Your whole arguement is fundamaentally flawed.

In relation to Tahu & J Monas we were forced to offer overs because of our position 12 months ago
If not for Parramatta being so pig headed I have no doubt that J Lyon would be wearing a Sea Eagles jersey this year
Moule was actually signed to play for us and he had some sort of outer body experience and decided to stay in England
Joe Williams was only ever targeted as back up to Monas and when we missed out on his sig a more capable replacement in Travis Burns was signed.
Which only leaves the Orford. King saga. Do you know if we actually made an offer to King? If we did and missed out so be it. Manly (NE) did cut his brother from their sqaud a couple of years ago so just maybe King doesn't like Manly. As far as Orford is conncerned if you think we paid overs for the BK's I hate to think what you would call the money that is apparently being offered for Orford, espcially considering his current form.

When targetting players you will win some and you will lose some, it is just the way of the business world. To think that you will sign every player that you target is just fanciful.

I am surprised you haven't posted a team of players that were rumoured to be coming to Manly but never came for whatever reason. Then again maybe you did and my eyes just glazed over yet another squad listing.

Title should have been Eagles got their cheeks spread not their wings after Saturday's performance

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4