Manly fans dont travel

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
What's all this about being PC? Nobody tapped me on the back when I started to go off. Where was this?

I was in the Members Stand and it was full of enthusiatic Sea Eagle fans.

Sheikheagle said:
They r whinging in the tele about the fact 31000 was a poor crowd and the manly fans were hardly noisy or intimidating.ffs we can't win

Had to chuckle when I read that sick article. It was saying it is hard for the NRL to try to negotiate a big TV rights deal when they get such small crowds. Gee its almost as though the story was trying to talk down the asking price for the rights, why would the tele do that?

I did notice a tremendous atmosphere where we were sitting, the cheering in the first half was a real highlight.

Couldn't help noicing that an extra 18000-odd turned up when they put the match on 45 minutes earlier. Now if they put it on another hour (or three) earlier imagine how many would be there. Although that probably wouldn't suit the TV companies, would it.

DSM5 said:
What's all this about being PC? Nobody tapped me on the back when I started to go off. Where was this?

I had a family in front of me with two young girls so i held any swearing to a minimum. The funny thing is the Father was swearing more then me lol.

Chip and Chase said:
The noise did drop off in the second half, especially when the Broncos were pressing our line. Could have done with some solid Manly chanting at those times. The very first Manly chant when they ran out was awesome.

ummm We TRIED. However, there were far too many people at that game that were not willing to go with the flow. I had the drum there and tried to get Manly chants going. Most of the fans behind us had their hands under their arses and their lips tied shut.

Don't lump this on the ones that actually tried to create something.

I will say that a lot of supporters did come up and congratulate our group for the noise we made so there were quite a few that went with the flow...just not enough when you have 31000 at the ground and no mics on at the other end of the ground where we were sitting.

In saying this there were times in the game that I was very happy with. However, people need to realise that supporting your team is an 80 min game. Most people stopped when we were 16 - 0 up. That's an even better time to FIRE UP!!

As for this whole PC thing, our whole group was getting at each other making sure nothing was said wrong. Quite frankly I am over it, especially when people in higher positions than us within the ranks had full reign over what they could say, but we couldn't.

Wasn't trying to blame anyone, it was just so obvious at times there in the second half that the crowd went quiet when I felt like the team needed the lift. It was like the crowd were nervous that the Broncos would score and we'd be in a 6-8 point ball game, instead of getting behind the guys everyone just sat in stony faced silence. That first Maaaaaanleeee Maaaaanleeeeee before kick off was awesome. Imagine that when the Broncos were pressing our line, it would have been sensational.

Chip and Chase said:
Wasn't trying to blame anyone, it was just so obvious at times there in the second half that the crowd went quiet when I felt like the team needed the lift. It was like the crowd were nervous that the Broncos would score and we'd be in a 6-8 point ball game, instead of getting behind the guys everyone just sat in stony faced silence. That first Maaaaaanleeee Maaaaanleeeeee before kick off was awesome. Imagine that when the Broncos were pressing our line, it would have been sensational.

As I said in the post above, most fans just don't get it. They think that once we are ahead that's all the support they need to give unless we score another try. No, it's 80 mins of full blown noise and support that is required.

Until the 30000 that were there that weren't doing this understand that fact, then the 2000 that do will not be able to get any noise going.

The MWTS are trying to harness this but it looks like it going to be a lot of work still to get us where we want to be.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6