Manly hold talks with Coote

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Look I'm going to tell you I love hearing about who manly is going to buy it gets me pretty excited. In saying that I understand some people don't enjoy the contracts and buying players part of the game, it ruined our season last year but I always love to welcome a new eagle to the family especially when it's a star.

we all do turbo, but don't forget to enjoy the year in front of you.

Look I'm going to tell you I love hearing about who manly is going to buy it gets me pretty excited. In saying that I understand some people don't enjoy the contracts and buying players part of the game, it ruined our season last year but I always love to welcome a new eagle to the family especially when it's a star.

Through the years a lot of player managers have used Manly to try and up the the value of their clients. That's probably why some of us older supporters don't get to excited about paper talk.

I think we forget 5/8.....Why??
I think we have potential in Walker as a strike 5/8 who will only improve to the point... If Keary is $800,000 Walker will be the new million dollar man.
Let's give time & show faith in Walkers ability....& considering its 2 centres who are nearing their twilight at Manly- maybe start looking for quality centre replacements??
Surely they will free up plenty of dollars to snare some decent quality SPEEDY outside backs....

Corey Norman is crap he has played well this year but he's an unknown plus he will stay with eels. Manly will sign Keary now that dragons have their player. Keary won't re sign with Souths coz he will be playing reserves.

Keary to manly
Coote to dragons
Green re sign with storm or go to SL
Moses re sign
Brooks re sign
Norman re sign
Nikorima re sign or go to manly if they miss out on Keary
Turbo. Did you know keary was a manly junior

Put me down for a "pass" on Coote too...

It's not that I don't think he is a good footballer, but he is definitely a fullback and nothing else.

1. He does not have the robust body to defend in the front line
2. He will be learning the role just the same as Dylan Walker is now
3. He costs lots of money

I also am of the opinion that spending an entire year developing Walker into a 5/8 is long enough to warrant seeking a return on that investment in the years to come. Let's not forget that he came through the grades as a 5/8 and could become very good in the position.

Do you seriously expect to avoid this? I think you took a wrong turn and ended up here by mistake.

Good call.

But after the first game we were selling off DCE and Walker as useless, replacing them with Keary and Morgan, offloading Myles and lussick, buying tamau, retiring Matai and Killer as too old, buying coote and linnane, getting rid of brown and green . f... me sideways. looking for a replacement for snake, if Tom goes to fullback we need a winger, Plus writing a wanted sign for a new coach, conditioner and reggies coach.

Last edited:
Brilliant! Manly knew what they were doing, trying to sign Elgey & Taylor, just unlucky they opted otherwise. Walker showed glimpses against Cronulla, but I think he needs to improve in leaps & bounds, to convice himself, he is an NRL half. Another interesting aspect of season 2016, is wether cherry is able to take control & run the team, on a CONSISTENT basis! If that happens, who plays 5/8 or who we sign in that position, is less of a concern.

Good call.

But after the first game we were selling off DCE and Walker as useless, replacing them with Keary and Morgan, offloading Myles and lussick, buying tamau, retiring Matai and Killer as too old, buying coote and linnane, getting rid of brown and green . f... me sideways. looking for a replacement for snake, if Tom goes to fullback we need a winger, Plus writing a wanted sign for a new coach, conditioner and reggies coach.

Welcome to the forum. Sounds like an average day on Silvertails.

R u trying to tell me they just made up that Coote was looking at manly. They just made it up coz they could? Haha mate r u 4 real?

I am for real mate. Our current legend of a fullback went through absolute hell because every newspaper under the sun decided to fabricate **** about him in 2009. Your original comment must have been vague and didn't really represent what you were trying to say but media organisations will lie, steal and cheat to make a buck.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4