Manly Income

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I assume Scott Penn does. Maybe even Lyall. As for the rest of us ? then we'd be only guessing as they don't make that information publicly available, only that they let us know that it cost them money every year for this labour of love.

I'm sure google may reveal the amount that the NRL grants to the clubs each year, I had it in my mind that it was equal to the value of the salary cap. But I could be wrong. Sponsorphip, merchandise, match day takings, membership etc are all a guess

just wondering how we could be running at a loss with the NRL income plus sponsorship (sleeve, front, back, shorts, signage etc.)

just wondering how we could be running at a loss with the NRL income plus sponsorship (sleeve, front, back, shorts, signage etc.)
Back office operations, inflated rental of Brookie, Narra training facilities maintenance etc

Broncos are the only Franchise in the black. Even the Scumos run at a loss.:cool:

Hence the new NRL limit in operational spending

http://www.sportingnews.com/au/leag...18-finals-injuries/1dwe6hglhtxwx1bm0h65yooumw

2016 year finances for NRL Clubs
https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/as...al-and-financial-victory-20170228-gumppi.html

Last edited:
The Penns must have made a lot from taking our game to Suncorp and to Christchurch.
If they are counting on income from crowd support at Brookie for the rest of the season the team better start performing.

The Penns must have made a lot from taking our game to Suncorp and to Christchurch.
If they are counting on income from crowd support at Brookie for the rest of the season the team better start performing.
Don't think they made a lot, fairly certain that Christchurch was around $300, 000 guaranteed by Christchuch council, as for Brisbane is a case of numbers, the gate of a crowd of 31, 000 to be split between Manly and the Storm, I imagine that because it was a double header the tickets were more expensive and the hiring of the ground would have been split between Manly and the Storm

The big one is televised income. I’m not sure if this is gobbled up by the NRL clowns or distributed amongst the clubs. That will go a long way to determining the PnL

The big one is televised income. I’m not sure if this is gobbled up by the NRL clowns or distributed amongst the clubs. That will go a long way to determining the PnL
The grant to clubs basically covers the cap so the players salaries are funded by the NRL.. The clubs make a profit or loss based on crowds, merchandise , sponsorship versus the other expenses incurred outside of player salaries.

The TV money allows the NRL to make the grant to the clubs. This is about 150 mill per year out of 400 mill from the 2 billion 5 year TV deal plus merchandising and sponsors which is significant revenue also.

Greenberg and the other members of the circus then get rid of the other 300 or 400 mill per year left above the grants paid to the clubs with ease as their inability to get a 30 mill loan recently from the CBA clearly indicates. They are masters at flushing money. How they fit so many noses in one trough is a thing of beauty.

Last edited:
Apparently the recent estimates of operating an adequately functioning N R L franchise is in the vicinity of some 20 to 23 mill. dollars per season . N R L grant money for individual clubs from this season just over 13 mill. dollars from all indications . [ 9 . 3 mill.set for the cap] So an additional amount then of some 7 - 10 mill. dollars required to allow a club to be functioning at a sufficient level Just have no idea the composition or details of all of the other revenue sources or revenue streams for Manly or how much the Penns are required to provide for any subsequent short fall but. obviously any short fall funds have to come from somewhere

The grant to clubs basically covers the cap so the players salaries are funded by the NRL.. The clubs make a profit or loss based on crowds, merchandise , sponsorship versus the other expenses incurred outside of player salaries.

The TV money allows the NRL to make the grant to the clubs. This is about 150 mill per year out of 400 mill from the 2 billion 5 year TV deal plus merchandising and sponsors which is significant revenue also.

Greenberg and the other members of the circus then get rid of the other 300 or 400 mill per year left above the grants paid to the clubs with ease as their inability to get a 30 mill loan recently from the CBA clearly indicates. They are masters at flushing money. How they fit so many noses in one trough is a thing of beauty.

Really is a busted system that smacks of communism (or trickle down economists). NRL keeping 250M that they can’t manage and unable to get a loan amounting to just 12% of the annual revenue. Even worse, there seems to be no transparency of the expenditure of such a vast amount of money, and no explanation of why the extra 30M is needed, and why it was rejected. If you think of a normal person wanting to borrow 30k against 250k income, it is not an issue unless you are blacklisted and considered a f^^ktard.

Last edited:

I imagine a portion of the TV deals also includes contra for advertising, however let's not forget all finals games, and internet live streaming and merchandise licensing also belong to the NRL and seperate from the TV rights

What? From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs?
NRL sounds more like "CEOs of the world, Unite!"

There’s not a struck match between the far left and the far right, so full of CEO’s or commies = the same result. Everyone fukced over royally.

PS. Amended the first post to include trickle down economists.

There’s not a struck match between the far left and the far right, so full of CEO’s or commies = the same result. Everyone fukced over royally.

PS. Amended the first post to include trickle down economists.
Couldn’t work Voodoo economics in there?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8